PDA

View Full Version : Podcasts

RBrooksC
07-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Ok, I just entered the 21st Century and bought myself an iPod. I am going to assume plenty of people here who own an iPod listen to WDW podcasts.

I have discovered three of them and I have listened to one. I enjoy WDW Radio Show with Lou Mongello. I haven't listened to the others due to time constraints since there are only so many hours in the day.

Now, for my benefit and those who may have just gotten there MP3 player, what podcasts do people here recommend or suggest to avoid?

MidnTPK
07-31-2008, 02:37 PM
I listen to every episode of Inside the Magic and N.E.T.C.O.T. I listen to most WDW Today episodes.

I think that Inside the Magic is the 'podcast of record' for WDW. I think Lou Mongello and Ricky from ITM collaborate on a few things.

dolphinmickey9170
07-31-2008, 07:44 PM
I listen to Magic Never Ends, religiously, 'cuz they are my friends, we vacation with them and they occasionally mention us on the podcast. I also listen to The Adventures of a Teenage Disney Geek, religiously, as Keegan is another friend who we vacation with. Lou's is also very good as previously stated. I'll PM you a site you should check out.

I do not own an ipod. I can load all of these podcasts on my computer and listen while I do housework, computer work, or just vegging out.

tinksmom02
08-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the 21st century--I just entered it myself in June LOL

I listen to the WDW Today podcast. I tried Lou Mangello (sorry if I butchered the name)'s podcast, but I thought it ran kind of long. WDW today is usually pretty short, between 15-30 minutes...more my attention span LOL

5 Mousekteers
08-09-2008, 11:23 PM
My favorite two podcast are, Laughing Place and Magical Definition Podcast: A Magical Journey Into The World Of Disney.
Nothing personal, but I also think Lou's goes a little to long for my attention span. :mickey:

threeh
08-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Net cot is my favorite. I also like window to the magic. They have a guy named Patrick that always does really informative episodes about rides and such. Good for listening to on the way to work.
Happy listening!!!:mickey:

blueyedprincess
08-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Can the poscasts be downloaded to any MP3 player or just iPods? I thought about putting a few on my MP3 player to listen to while I go on my walks.

MMouse6937
08-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Can the poscasts be downloaded to any MP3 player or just iPods? I thought about putting a few on my MP3 player to listen to while I go on my walks.

You can download them to any device like that, you can also listen on their website from your computer.

I listen to WDW Radio Show and WDW Today. I was actually the person Lou interviewed this week for the Bob Jackson segment! I like the WDW Today crew, they're a bunch of nice guys and it's fun to listen to. I used to listen to Inside the Magic but found it a little too pushy when it came to selling stuff. I can only really listen to two of them or I get overwhelmed trying to keep up!

Marker
08-13-2008, 08:09 AM
I was actually the person Lou interviewed this week for the Bob Jackson segment!

REALLY!! That's cool. I just listened to that the other day. You did great.

I happened upon Bob Jackson on a previous trip too, he does a good show.

I've been listening to The WDW Radio Show (Lou Mongello) and also the DIS Unplugged show. I'll have to check out the others. I actually kind of like the shows that are an hours or so long. My commute takes about 35 minutes each way, so I listen to half on the way in, and half on the way home.

Hmmm - here's a thought, and Intercot Podcast.

Marker
08-13-2008, 08:17 AM

I download the shows from their websites onto my phone. My phone is an MP3 player (Sprint LG Fusic), and has a built in FM transmitter. The transmitter makes it really convenient to listen to in the car.

Dragongirlx
08-13-2008, 08:55 AM
I just discovered wdw today and found it really great. I listen via my computer at work and it helps speed the day along. I also occassionally listen to the mouseplanet pod cast which can be great or can be really boring depending on what they are taking about but the 'ask the kid' segment :number1:is usally great.

RBrooksC
08-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Well, I have just gotten myself so far behind with my podcasts. I am just going to have to delete the older ones that are time sensitive and start over. LOL It is amazing that you find so many you would want to hear and then you learn that there aren't enough hours in a day to hear them all. Ha!

barnaby
08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Ok, I just entered the 21st Century and bought myself an iPod.

Now, for my benefit and those who may have just gotten there MP3 player, what podcasts do people here recommend or suggest to avoid?

Me too, just bought one on Monday.

Thanks for putting up this thread, I was had the same question. :D