PDA

View Full Version : Cbr?

DisneyDear83
07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to request a king bed room within the perferred martinique section of cbr? I am not sure where the king bed rooms are located... But I am aware that there is an added charge for those rooms along with the perferred rooms. Thanks!

Vito
07-30-2008, 11:46 PM
I would think that they have at least a few King rooms in every wing of the resort, but probably the best way to know is just to give them a call and ask. :mickey:

DisneyDear83
07-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks Vito...

I was thinking that too... I'll call and ask to make sure though. :)

brewcrew26
07-31-2008, 01:22 PM
We requested a king room in Trinidad North. We rated our requests in a fax and sent it to the hotel directly 5 days before we checked in. They were also able to meet our accomodation of wanting a second level room to see the lagoon.

I'm fairly sure that there's a king room in each island not just Martinique or in the preferred buildings.

CleveRocks
07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Here's the deal ...

At CBR, there are three room categories than carry an extra per-night cost: preferred location, water view, and king-size bed. Depending on the season, these categories cost $15-$26 extra per night. For the rest of this post, I'll use the $15 figure, for ease.

Believe it or not, Disney will NOT let you pay $30 to reserve and guarantee a combination of 2 of those categories. There is no way possible to pay for and thus guarantee a king-size bed room in a preferred location building. It simply can't be done.

The very best you can do is to choose which one you want to guarantee, and then request the other.

If being close to Old Port Royale is more important to you than a king-size bed, then pay for preferred location, and that will guarantee a preferred location room. Then REQUEST a king-size bed.

King-size bed rooms are sprinkled throughout the resort ... they are not segregated in a special section, and they are not absent from preferred location buildings or from water view rooms.

Getting a combination of 2 of those room categories is pure luck ... pixie dust, if you will. There certainly are some king-size bed rooms in preferred location buildings ... you just can't book a rom like that, you have to get lucky with one or another requests.

In another example, EVERY village has the same number of water view rooms, since every village has some lake frontage and every village has its own pool. Therefore, the 6 preferred location buildings have plenty of water view rooms, and a few of them probably even have king-size beds (a pixie dust trifecta!!!). It's just that no one can guarantee themselves to get a water view room in a preferred location building.

Pay for your #1 choice, request your #2 choice. GOOD LUCK!

DisneyDear83
07-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Thank you for explaining things Cleverocks! I will choose the preferred section and then request the king size bed. The perferred building is most important to me not because of the location to the central part of the resort, although it is nice, but more because I have heard this is the building where the refurbishments have taken place so far and I would like a refurred room. Thanks again! :)