PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe & Trails End

Guya103
07-30-2008, 04:32 PM
We have never been to either for breakfast and want to get a bit of feedback from you first.

I know that differ from each other quite a bit- that's not important to us.

Were you pleased with the food, service? Anything special about them?

Thanks in advance!:mickey:

Mackflava99
07-30-2008, 04:43 PM
We went to Trails End this vacation ( 4 weeks ago) and were pleasantly surprised-
We were staying at WL and decided to go there by boat one day for lunch when my step dad came to visit us ( he lives in FLA)
Food was very good, its a buffet - again don't expect the Ritz- but is very good-

We had a lunch there first - i remember the soup being very good and the chicken was great and the BBQ was a big hit- Also the Muffin selection was very good. and the cobbler was very good too-
My wife loved the chili and had 2 bowls-

Bkfast-
We didnt plan on going for breakfast, but we were bike riding a few days later and got stuck in FW during a morning rainstorm- So we knew we wouldnt make it back to eat cereal in our room, so we decided to go there. It was very good- Sausage and gravy was especialy good- my kids had mickey waffles

NOW- the service at lunch was pretty poor- it was actually our only poor service incident of the entire 10 days- our waitress basically ignored us, it was hot we were dying for drinks...The plates kept piling up on our table-and then she was no where to be found when we needed our check and we actually missed a boat due to that.
Bkfst service was very good-

Overall- it was a very good choice regardless

slegrant
07-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Trails End breakfast is incredible. Great variety and great service. It also has a very relaxing atmosphere. Enjoy!:chip::dale:

eandrsmom
07-30-2008, 08:40 PM
We had breakfast at GF Cafe twice last Feb. Both times, we were very happy with the food. I had Eggs Benedict, my DH had an omlette, the kids ordered "MICKEY" pancakes and waffles. Everything was very good, cooked well, and service was attentive. We liked the change from the buffets. With a family of 6, it was refreshing to have everyone seated during the entire meal.

castlegirl
07-30-2008, 08:52 PM
We've eaten at both. Trail's End had a lot of variety with the breakfast buffet. Great value for the money!

We also had breakfast at GF cafe on Mother's Day. Very elegant and excellent food for the DDP. More relaxed with TS than buffet.

Also, may depend on where your resort is? For GF, we were at Poly so short ride on monorail, didn't have to rush. For TE, you'll need to take ferry from MK to FW. Time is always of the essence in WDW for us :mickey: