PDA

View Full Version : Strange Ordering at Cosmic Rays?

BandMan
07-30-2008, 03:49 PM
We are heading to WDW in 2 weeks :joy: and I was looking over various meal choices. We have our ADR's all set, but I was looking for another CS at MK. We are already planning on stopping at Pecos Bill's, Columbia Harbor House, and Casey's, which we love.

The menu for Cosmic Ray's looks interesting, but we have good friends who have advised us to avoid it because of the weird ordering system :confused: .

Can you fill me in, and give me your opinions on Rays? Besides DW and I, we have DD15, DS13, DS11 and DD6. (Both boys are autistic - chicken nuggets and fries are a real plus with them when available.)

Thanks,

Aggie97
07-30-2008, 04:09 PM
At Cosmic Ray's, I do not believe you can order off the whole menu at every counter. There is one counter for burgers and hot dogs; another for chicken dishes and ribs; and a third for sandwiches and salads. I imagine ordering there could be challenging if everyone in the family wanted items from the different counters. Perhaps this is what your friends had in mind? :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 04:17 PM
If you have small children and they all want different type meals it might be a challenge because you have to go to different areas to order....but for us, my son is 14 we can each take our on card order what we want and all meet back at the table.....;)

DestinationWDW
07-30-2008, 04:40 PM
We eat at cosmic ray's every trip and yes they do have two sides to order from like mentioned above but don't let that stop you. We like it because the food is good and you can usually feed 2 people from one order.

GrmGrninGost
07-30-2008, 05:37 PM
There are three different lines for different things. One for hot dogs and hamburgers, one for chicken and one for sandwiches. We usually decide before we get in line what we want and have 1 person in each line, while someone gets a table. Works out very well. The food here is good. The selection is excellent. The portions are huge. Also, the entertainment value is very high! We just love Sunny Eclipse! It is our favorite CS in all of WDW! :mickey:

ElenitaB
07-30-2008, 06:47 PM
While the selection at CRs is very good, the ordering system can be a nightmare. I often travel with my DS and I don't chose to eat the same things that he does. I'm not fond of juggling trays or leaving him alone at a table after getting him his food while I go get mine.

As a larger family, you might be able to pull CRs off (and Sonny is great entertainment).

Have a magical trip!

GBBT
07-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Just order the burger basket,add mayo,grilled onions and bbq sauce and you're in Heaven.:cloud9:

MauiMouse
07-30-2008, 08:08 PM
They have a good fixin's bar, very similar to the one at Pecos Bill's. And yup, like everyone had said they have 3 "stations". I like eating and watching Sonny Eclipse. :thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
07-30-2008, 08:11 PM
We love Cosmic Rays and eat there at least once if not more every visit. DH, DS and I all go and get our own meals as we usually all order from different counters and then meet up at a table.
I just checked out their menu posted on Intercot. Have they changed this recently as I thought that I normally ordered some type of chicken or turkey wrap from there? I was checking as I always have to have my sandwiches specially made as I do not eat any condiments and I know that I have no problems getting my food here.
As other have mentioned don't let the ordering system stop you from eating here.

brownie
07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
It's like going to the food court at All-Star Movies or eating at Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion at Epcot. There are different lines for different foods; they are marked. It will probably mean waiting in at least 2 different lines, depending on what your family's tastes are. We enjoy eating there even with this set-up.

Young@Heart
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
There are three different lines for different things. One for hot dogs and hamburgers, one for chicken and one for sandwiches. We usually decide before we get in line what we want and have 1 person in each line, while someone gets a table. Works out very well. The food here is good. The selection is excellent. The portions are huge. Also, the entertainment value is very high! We just love Sunny Eclipse! It is our favorite CS in all of WDW! :mickey:

Same here! We try to stick to 2 sides for ordering, then DH takes one set of orders and I do the other. DS 14 can get us a table and we can split up the other 2 DC just in case we need help carrying things. :thumbsup:

dixielandings
07-31-2008, 10:52 AM
The best tip I have for the place is to try to get everyone excited about soups, salads, and sandwiches. We went in April around 11:30 one morning, just as it started raining. We went to the far window (that serves the above things), ordered, and were sitting & eating in within 10 minutes. Right after that, the place was FULL of people - long lines, no tables. And our lunch was really good - a wrap for DH and a BBW pork sandwich for me.

LeeAnn
07-31-2008, 07:52 PM
What is the Kid's Choices on the ordering side that has 1/2 Rotisirre chicken & ribo combo?