PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Stephen Shore speaks on Autism

Nate's Grandpa
07-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Dr. Shore will speak on his life with autism in Robertsdale, Alabama - August 1, 2008.
Dr. Shore was diagnosed with "strong autistic tendencies" and recommended for institutionalization at an early age. Fortunately, his parents disagreed.

Someone in my family will be driving over to see him - either my wife, daughter, or me.
(I will be probably stay behind with Nate).

Jenemmy
07-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Sounds fascinating, James....I would really be interested in what he has to say. I would love it if you would post some highlights after your wife/daughter returns!

Anything that can give me further insight into what my kiddo is thinking and feeling is extemely worthwhile:thumbsup:

disneydeb
08-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Dr. Shore will speak on his life with autism in Robertsdale, Alabama - August 1, 2008.
Dr. Shore was diagnosed with "strong autistic tendencies" and recommended for institutionalization at an early age. Fortunately, his parents disagreed.

Someone in my family will be driving over to see him - either my wife, daughter, or me.
(I will be probably stay behind with Nate).

I'm in southern Middle Tennessee, Where is Robertsdale and when is he speaking?
Thanks!

Nate's Grandpa
08-01-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm in southern Middle Tennessee, Where is Robertsdale and when is he speaking?
Thanks!

Robertsdale is on Highway 59 10 miles north of Foley.
(Unfortunately, this means it's 400 miles south of Tennessee)
This is not a large city by any means. I think it was picked because it midway between Mobile and Pensacola.

Dr. Shore speaks tonight at 7pm with a book signing at 4pm and 6pm.
The location is 22703 Racine Street.

Complete details can be found here:
www.autismpensacola.org/events.htm