PDA

View Full Version : O'Hanas vs. Kona Cafe

disneygeek84
07-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Okay, my husband and I will be leaving on Sept 6th to drive down to WDW. We will be arriving at Disney on Sunday afternoon around 1pm. We already ADR for Kona Cafe because O'Honas was already booked when we were making our ADR.

So my question is..should we just go ahead and leave the ADR for Kona? Or should we see if we can get into O'hanas? I've heard mixed reviews about Kona, so I'm not really sure about it.

Just some personal opinions about the food at each place and how long it will take 2 people to eat at each would be great. TIA!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 03:20 PM
That's an interesting question, because I've seen almost all positive reviews for Kona...also, a lot of good things about O'Hana...I'm guessing either is a fine choice...we are trying Kona for the first time in December but are going for breakfast....can't wait:number1:

Minnie4me
07-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I haven't been to Kona Cafe for dinner, so I really can give my opinion on that.

However...I have been to Ohana many many times (3 dinner ADR's for our Sept. trip). It is great. The food is great, the atmosphere is great, and the dessert is to die for!!

The entertainment is good for someone that has kids (coconut races, limbo, etc). I don't have kids, but enjoy watching them.

Some may say it's cheesy entertainment...but most will say it's a really good time.

That's why it's probably the #2 if not the #1 restaurant at WDW.

It's #1 in my book.

Since you don't have ADR's I will tell you a little secret. (not much of a secret since I am posting it). Get to the check-in podium in front of Ohana by 4:15pm. I know it's 45 minutes before they open, but you stand a good chance of getting a table. Especially since you have a small group.

Trust me....the line will start forming early. Don't wait until 5:00 and expect to get in. At least without a 2 hour wait.

Good luck and enjoy!!!

ilvdisney
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I love Kona's. They have the best chicken noodle soup and wings and teriaki steak!!

I didn't care for O'Hana's at all but I'm a very pickey eater.

disneygeek84
07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
That's an interesting question, because I've seen almost all positive reviews for Kona...also, a lot of good things about O'Hana...I'm guessing either is a fine choice...we are trying Kona for the first time in December but are going for breakfast....can't wait:number1:

I've just heard that it can get noisy there. I've also read a couple of things where people didn't like the food, but most did.

I just didn't know if going to Kona would be a quicker meal. We have ADR at 5:15 and want to make it back to MK to see SpectroMagic and Wishes! and still have time to do most of the park. There is evening EMH so we should. I just didn't know how much time we should plan for and if one place would be faster over the other.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-31-2008, 11:22 PM
The food at Kona last year was great but the service was awful. O'Hana's food was good and the service was ok.

Polynesian Dweller
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM
We like Kona and the service has been about the same as everywhere. Most times the service is good but sometimes you can get a slow server. I wonder if that's when someone new is starting. The service is no different than anywhere else in the world. The food though is consistently good.