PDA

View Full Version : Narnia Attractions?

disneycutie165
07-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Since I am a huge fan of Narnia, I would like to know if there are any shows or rides about Narnia. We last went in '05, but before Narnia came out so I do not know if their is anything. I heard a rumor about a Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe show but I never heard if it was confirmed. Please help!

Next trip in 18 days, 2 hrs. and 35 minutes!:joy:

DDuck66
07-30-2008, 10:04 AM
They had a Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe walk through set in DHS up through last year. They have since replaced it with a Prince Caspian set. I enjoyed the first one, but have not seen the second one yet. They also have been doing a Prince Caspian meet n greet for photos and autographs.

DisneyCouture
07-30-2008, 10:05 AM
They have a Narnia attraction at DHS. It is more like a walk thru of the 1st movie. They have redone the attraction for the new movie Prince of Caspian. I like the old one, I have yet to see the new one.

Imagineer1981
07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Its nothing to spectacular, just a little walk thru...no actual rides

1DisneyNut
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
If the new one is anything like the old one it won't be there long either. It is was a walk through as the others mentioned and there was a short show inside but you have to stand. There is no seating. This is terrible when you have small children and have to stand holding them through it. The kids wanted to leave early so we did and haven't been back since. Probably won't even go to the new version. We are not Narnia fans. Never have made it past the first 15 minutes of the movies. We are however big fans of disney's live shows. IMO this would be a much better attraction if it was a theater with a real live performance.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 11:05 AM
WE went on the first one at MGM and after standing in line for 30 minutes were very disappointed to find out it was just a movie trailer.....unless I get some positive feedback from fellow intercotees on the new one, I will not be including it in my must do's.....and I loved the first movie by the way

AmandaChan
07-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Honestly, we saw the first attraction that they had at DHS and we were both VERY disappointed. This is probably the first time EVER I've been disappointed in Disney but it was pretty ridiculous. The whole attraction was this basically one room where you watch the preview on a big screen and there's white carpet (that's horribly stained, doesn't even feel like snow) on the ground and trees dressed in snow around you to make you feel like you're in Narnia. After the preview, during the climax, someone dressed as the white witch comes out from above and lip syncs a line from the movie. After all that is said and done you go into a another tinnnyy room that had MAYBE five props from the movie in it.

Now, I haven't been to the new attraction but when we got a dream fastpass to Toy Story Mania we saw Prince Caspian where the attraction stands and that was kind of neat. Honestly my husband and I are afraid to go back into see the new one. Don't let us discourage you, though, maybe the new one is great and worth the long wait but the first one definitely wasn't unless you're a complete Narnia freak and you want to see a few movie props.

laprana
07-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Honestly, we saw the first attraction that they had at DHS and we were both VERY disappointed. This is probably the first time EVER I've been disappointed in Disney but it was pretty ridiculous. The whole attraction was this basically one room where you watch the preview on a big screen and there's white carpet (that's horribly stained, doesn't even feel like snow) on the ground and trees dressed in snow around you to make you feel like you're in Narnia. After the preview, during the climax, someone dressed as the white witch comes out from above and lip syncs a line from the movie. After all that is said and done you go into a another tinnnyy room that had MAYBE five props from the movie in it.

:ditto: We saw the first Narnia attraction (show? exhibit? not sure what to call it!) from the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and we left saying, "That's it? Shouldn't there be something else?" It was a pretty big waste of time, especially since we waited about a half hour to get into it. I hope the new one is better, but I won't be rushing to go see it!

LauraleeH
07-30-2008, 09:19 PM
They had just closed the ride for the night when I was there in November, so sadly I will never see the first one. I can't wait to go and meet Prince Caspian, though! :thumbsup: