PDA

View Full Version : MGM -parades/

minnie-mouse
07-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Are there any daily parades at MGM?

laprana
07-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Right now they have the Block Party Bash, which, I beleive started last spring. It's a lot of fun! I think it's all Pixar characters from Monsters, Inc., Toy Story, A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, etc. It's kind of a mix between a parade and a stage show... it goes down Hollywood Blvd. toward the front of the park, and there are lots of floats and characters, but they stop every so often and do little performances for the crowd. Lots of dancing, acrobatics, singing - it's neat! :mickey:

DDuck66
07-30-2008, 10:07 AM
It is really cool! The parade has different sections in it. It stops several times as it makes it way through the park. If you want to see each part, you need to plan on seeing it more than once. It has a lot more audience participation than most of the parades have had in the past.

Imagineer1981
07-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Its ok...DHS parades have never been as good as MK or AK

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 11:06 AM
They have the new block party parade, I think its an afternoon parade

Nascfan
07-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Yes they do. It is currently Block Party Bash and it is one of the most high energy, involving, enthusiastic parades/shows around. It started this late spring/early summer.

It starts down Hollywood Blvd from the front of the park and makes a stop on that street for the performance. Toy Story leads it, followed by Monsters Inc, and then Bugs Life. The incredibles come out also. Lots of dancing, singing, acrobatics, audience participation, great fun! Then they pack up and head left stopping again in front of Sounds Dangerous for another performance. It's nice that way because it gives everyone a chance to see one of them with a decent view. They then leave the park by Star Tours.

I would rate this as a new "Can't Miss" event. :thumbsup:

bkfree
07-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Its ok...DHS parades have never been as good as MK or AK

To each his own.
My kids and us have always loved the parades at DHS(MGM) better than the ones at MK. I know many will think that sacreligious to say, but it is true.
They have just always felt closer to the action and more involved in the parades at DHS.
They may not be as sophisticated as the big floats with Cinderella, but they seem more interactive and personal to us.

minnie-mouse
07-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Is the parade/block party usually in the afternoon 3pm like MK?

Young@Heart
07-31-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm assuming this gets cancelled if there's a chance of rain?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes, the parade is at 3pm each day.

I'm fairly positive if there is rain, it gets canceled due to safety reasons. Those performers do a lot of tricks and dance moves on the ground and if it's wet, they could easily get hurt.

I think the parade is one of our better parades. I really like the ones at Studios, they had a lot of great detail and very specific parades such as the Aladdin and Mulan parades.

dixielandings
07-31-2008, 11:17 AM
I really like Stars and Motor Cars b/c it incorporated so many characters, including Muppets and Star Wars peeps. I'll miss it for that reason.

BUT I do think BlockParty is cool. It's not technically a parade - well, it sort of is - the "floats" parade down the street then stop for the actual show. My favorite thing about this is the audience participation. More than any other parade, they really encourage to jump around, dance, yell, and create general mayhem. It's a lot of fun.

Remember: the show is presented twice in a row, so if you're seated in the area of the 2nd show, be patient - it'll come to you.

joanna71985
07-31-2008, 07:36 PM
Is the parade/block party usually in the afternoon 3pm like MK?

Yes, it currently is at 3pm.

I'm assuming this gets cancelled if there's a chance of rain?

Yes. It gets canceled if it is raining, or if it just rained.

jraczes
07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
YES:mickey: