PDA

View Full Version : Free DDP still valid for Annual Passholders?

azcavalier
07-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Just curious more than anything. We're DVC members, and even though we have gone at least once a year for the last four years, we're not annual passholders. But we have been timing our trips with the free DDP in September. So if we buy annual passes, can we still use the free DDP? I'm assuming that we can, but just would like confirmation.

r4kids
07-30-2008, 09:14 AM
I am pretty sure you can't get free dining if you use your DVC points and/or an annual pass. At least everytime we have booked a DVC we couldn't get the free dining, they said no because they charge full price for the room. If I am wrong someone should be along shortly to correct me. :mickey:

azcavalier
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I know that you can't use your DVC points for your stay and still get the free DDP. They have a certain number of rooms available at various resorts for the free DDP, and the DVC resorts aren't included. So, I think that it's tied to the resort that you stay at, and the package that you get. However, I don't know if that means that you must also purchase admissions to the park. That would be where the Annual Passholder question comes in.

TBY2225
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Recently read on another post that you can get free dining with an AP, but you still have to buy a one day base ticket that can be applied to renew your AP when they come due, you do not have to use it right now. We are upgrading to an AP during free dining, but we have to wait until we are there because you must purchase a package of rack rate room and at least a one day base ticket. I am not sure how DVC works into this!