PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania

BoricuaBell
07-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Can anyone tell me their experience riding the new Toy Story Mania ride? How does it compare to the Buzz Lightyear one? Thanks!

Tigerinvestigator
07-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Much better than Buzz IMHO! It really is a fantastic ride and the whole attraction is amazing starting as you walk up to the building. I was not really looking forward to this attraction when it was announced but now I am a fan!:thumbsup:

SpecJoe Magic
07-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Comparing "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin" to "Toy Story Midway Mania" is like comparing "It's a Small World" to "Pirates of the Caribbean." They have some similarities, but they are vastly different experiences. I'm not a fan of Buzz Lightyear's attraction, but I am extremely impressed with Midway Mania. I think Midway Mania is not only one of the best attractions at Hollywood Studios but also one of the best attractions at WDW.

tinklover
07-30-2008, 07:34 AM
we did buzz for the first time this past June and then 2 days later did midway mania. although my girls were raving about buzz the night we rode it , once we did midway mania they said mommy that was way better then buzz can we go again please? we unfortunately did not get to go again as the park as getting ready to close and my DBF and myself were exhausted.

joanna71985
07-30-2008, 07:48 AM
I think TSM is sooooo much better then Buzz. It is a lot easier to hit the targets, the games are fun, and the theming is great! TSM is a must-do!

mouseketeer mom
07-30-2008, 07:53 AM
What are lines like these days for it??

joanna71985
07-30-2008, 08:01 AM
What are lines like these days for it??

Heh heh, one word...LONG!!! FPs have been all gone by 11am recently (if not sooner). And 2 days ago the line was at 60 minutes at 7:15pm.

doodleboy
07-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Sooo looking forward to this attraction. We were there for the AP preview in May, but it was closed for one entire day, and when we finally got in on the second day it shut down again when we were only about 50 people from boarding. We were also leaving that day and had to get to airport, so we missed that opportunity. We are going for halloween this year and are looking forward to getting on this attraction after the reviews on this site.

DisneyGrrrl
07-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Well, we LOVED the ride.

Is it worth a two hour wait? Um, NO.

But it was definitely worth getting a fast pass and waiting for 25 minutes.

We thought the ride was long compared to others which we enjoyed and loved the interactive aspect of it.

However, we went when it opened just DH and I and left (20 month old) DD at home with MIL so we could see what it was like first.

I'm not sure how comfortable I will be bringing her on the ride with us when we go next week on vacation. It spins pretty quickly and there is absolutely no lap sitting. Which I think is wierd considering there is no height limit on the ride.

But overall - :thumbsup:

BoricuaBell
07-30-2008, 09:48 AM
No height limit, but no kids on lap? My son will be 1 yr. old by then. I sure hope he can ride it.

tys_mommy
07-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Just how jerky is this new ride? Took the baby (she's 1) to the local carnival last week and she loved the scrambler/merry mixer ride - if she can handle that will she be ok on TSM?

DisneyGrrrl
07-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I liken it to the spinning action of the Cat in the Hat ride at Universal Studios if you have been on that.

I would not take my 1 year old on it, but at almost 2, DD knows to HOLD ON, LOL!

KAJUNKING
07-30-2008, 01:03 PM
i am really looking forward to this attraction when we go next month, along with rcnrc and spaceship earth which were both closed while we were there last year

AmandaChan
07-30-2008, 01:08 PM
My husband and I got a dream fastpass on the day that it was presented by the CEO of Disney and it was so much fun! We rode it twice. The inside is decked out in oversized childrens games and the carts for the ride seat four people, two on each side facing away from each other. You don't have to control where the cart goes. Your weapon thing is utilized by pulling a string with a ball on the end (really fast) and the ride takes you to a different screen for each round. Each screen is animated and you shoot at different things. I love Buzz Lightyear but this ride is my new favorite.

:mickey::mickey:

Mousemates
07-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Its Buzz on Steroids....one thing that makes the ride so unique is that you get a more impressive visual feedback when you actually hit the target....the balloons pop, the rockets explode, and every so often you'll hit an easter egg and get something completely unexpected. We love Buzz....but we REALLY love TSM.

Aggie97
07-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Buzz Lightyear is a fun ride, but we thought Toy Story Midway Mania was absolutely fantastic. The theming throughout the queue area and the ride is excellent. I love how the games work -- that you can actually see whether or not you are hitting each target. Can't wait to ride it again in October! :mickey:

joanna71985
07-30-2008, 07:43 PM
No height limit, but no kids on lap? My son will be 1 yr. old by then. I sure hope he can ride it.

There's no height limit because it is a safe ride. However, there are no lap kids because of the spinning. Kids have to be able to sit up on their own.

Jimenyfan
07-31-2008, 09:38 PM
We just got back from Disney today and Toy Story Mania has quickly become one of our favorite rides. We rode it for the first time monday as soon as the park opened with little to no wait. Went back yesterday and by 10 the stand by line was 50 minutes and fast passes had a return time of 2:45-3:45. We hoped in the single rider line and got on in 15 minutes. This is an extremly popular ride and well worth it. I used to love Buzz but now find it to be just OK.

Bri
08-01-2008, 02:33 PM
I am very excited to ride toy story mania. I wonder if the lines will be better during the non-peak seasons. We are going to Disney Land in September and Disney World on Dec 8. Hopefully the lines aren't as long as they are now!

dteed
08-01-2008, 02:37 PM
I can't wait, about 4 weeks to go.

Simba's Mom
08-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, we LOVED the ride.

Is it worth a two hour wait? Um, NO.

But it was definitely worth getting a fast pass and waiting for 25 minutes.

overall - :thumbsup:

Are you saying that even if you have a FP, the FP return wait is sometimes up to 25 minutes? One of the rides in MK used to be this way (I think it was Hauted Mansion) but finally they just took out the Fast Pass machines.

MichaelMouse
08-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I really enjoy these interactive rides. Buzz is great. I did wait 60 minutes to ride Toy Story last week and I must say it was a good ride. It seemed long. However, I must admit I like Buzz better right now. That may change in the future. Buzz has a continuous moving experince which gives it the feel of the traditional pooh/snow white rides with a twist of getting involved(interactive). Whereas, Toy Story stops in front of screens and you get a limited amount of time to rack up points before you move on to the next round. I would have enjoyed constant moving vehicles with more of a theme similar to Buzz. Buzz wins for now.:mickey: