PDA

View Full Version : What World Showcase Exhibit Needs a Ride?

GhostHost999
07-29-2008, 11:21 PM
What World Showcase exhibit (if any) in your opinion could use a ride to sort of spice it up?

BoricuaBell
07-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Oh, I got a goooood one: France would be fenomenal with a Ratatouille ride! Awesome! :thumbsup:

Young@Heart
07-30-2008, 12:00 AM
UK! It could incorporate Mary Poppins, or Alice in Wonderland or even the Beatles (they could call it the "Magical Mystery Tour" :thumbsup:)!

ftwildernesskid
07-30-2008, 12:57 AM
I think Canada or France could have a Soarin type ride. Both countries have beautiful landscapes to show off. Mind you, not exactly like Soarin, just the same concept.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 09:43 AM
A Mulan ride in China would be fun or an Alice in Wonderland ride at UK

DisneyCouture
07-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Oh, I got a goooood one: France would be fenomenal with a Ratatouille ride! Awesome! :thumbsup:

:exactly: That would be so cute.

Imagineer1981
07-30-2008, 10:25 AM
You could always do a Matterhorn type ride in Germany (close enough to the Swiss)...or how about something more Aladdin inspired in Morocco

ryels
07-30-2008, 10:57 AM
I want to see a dark ride in Italy that goes through the history of the Roman Empire (lots of potential there). Maybe you could ride on a gondola...

Dragongirlx
07-30-2008, 11:03 AM
I want to see a dark ride in Italy that goes through the history of the Roman Empire (lots of potential there). Maybe you could ride on a gondola...

That would be totally cool I would love to see that

Goes4FastPass
07-30-2008, 11:05 AM
...fenomenal... :thumbsup:

Hukd on fonix wrkd 4 me:thumbsup:

Daddy Mouse
07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
The American Adventure using Mark Twain as Tour guide in time machine. I also agree with others that a soarin ride would work well in other countries. :thumbsup:

ParkMan
07-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Something on the Morocco, Japan, France, MK side - I'm not picky which.

I'd like it to be a dark ride, not a thrill ride or coaster.

grumpyguy
07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
i'd like to see some life injected into the italy pavilion..seems boring to me.but i do love pasta!!!!

Greenlawler
07-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I think England is the perfect place for a dark ride which could highlight the country and several of the Disney Flicks which do not get much representation in the parks like Robin Hood, Sword And The Stone, Mary Poppins etc....

dolphinmickey9170
07-30-2008, 01:11 PM

I agree....I just don't get Italy.

LizLovesDiz
07-30-2008, 01:18 PM
i'd like to see some life injected into the italy pavilion..seems boring to me.but i do love pasta!!!!

I agree,it's pretty boring,maybe a ride through Tuscany or something!!!

BandMan
07-30-2008, 01:19 PM
I agree. I love Italian food, but they don't even have a CS restaurant there. The architecture is nice, but there SO much Italian history and culture, not to mention diversity from the Italian Alps down to Sicily. It would really spice things up.

bruin1344
07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
all of them have potential

KAJUNKING
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
i agree, i think italy could use something the most

Mousemates
07-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I think a couple of rides are needed to balance the park (i.e. Mexico and Norway on the left side of the lake)...so I would say The next new rides needs to go in Canada/England/France.

LauraF
07-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Maybe we could then smell Rome burning again . . .

Dawnya
07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
U think some kind of magic carpet ride with Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco would be a good idea. I think a Soarin'-like ride would be good.

ryels
07-30-2008, 03:03 PM

Ooooh, that would be awesome. That's my favorite part of Spaceship Earth. I hadn't even thought of that.

There are so many cool possibilities. How creepy would it be to ride through an erupting Mt. Vesuvius?

Gator
07-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Maybe Japan can add a bullet train ride or maybe an earthquake experience.

Imagineer1981
07-30-2008, 03:32 PM
I think a couple of rides are needed to balance the park (i.e. Mexico and Norway on the left side of the lake)...so I would say The next new rides needs to go in Canada/England/France.

Agreed. All the attractions (rides) are on the left of WS, and something needs to be added. Italy is a great suggestion...and I like the idea of keeping it more history based. That is probably the one thing I hate most about El Rio being redone...its no longer about Mexico, but about Donald. WS is just that, showcasing areas of the World, and to have an attraction so focused on a disney character doesn't fit. If they add a ride to Italy/England/Germany..whatever...it should be more based on the culture and history than a character or movie, there are 3 other parks that can have those themes.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
UK! It could incorporate Mary Poppins, or Alice in Wonderland or even the Beatles (they could call it the "Magical Mystery Tour" )!

"Magical Mystery Tour" :thumbsup:

Put me down for bus driver :rotfl: :mickey:

r4kids
07-30-2008, 04:38 PM
All Of Them!

Mackflava99
07-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I think England is the perfect place for a dark ride which could highlight the country and several of the Disney Flicks which do not get much representation in the parks like Robin Hood, Sword And The Stone, Mary Poppins etc....

I agree- this makes alot of sense-

Also maybe a Hunchback of Note Dame haunted house in France-
or a Darby o'Gill ride in UK
Or a "Island on top of the world" ride in Norway
or National treasure ride in USA
My other question-

Which one actually has room to place a ride ?
There isn't alot of space behind some of them, but there is some available somewhere.

I take the Ferry
07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Italy or Germany. It's so weird that once you leave the American Adventure (assuming you're going counter-clockwise,) there are no attractions until China. Not even a show.

At least Japan has the drummers... UK, Beatles... Morocco, "Mo-Rockin'"... I've never seen any entertainment at Germany or Italy.

Well, there was the living statue.

Was.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

Faver
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
The American Pavilion.....perhaps a nostalgic Mouseketeer Club attraction........

DisneyorBust
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I would like to see rides placed in:
Germany
UK
Italy
All have great potential.

DisneyBunch
07-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Like some others have mentioned earlier, I really like the idea of a "Mary Poppins" ride in Great Britain.:mickey:

IamBelle
07-31-2008, 07:02 AM
a gondola ride in Italy

Belle619
07-31-2008, 08:30 AM
I would like to see a Soarin'-esque type of ride placed in the Italian pavillion. I think it could be such a spectacular ride - imagine being able to travel over the countrysides of Italy!

r4kids
07-31-2008, 09:04 AM
I think that out of all the countries represented Italy is the most dissapointing. Having visited Italy several years ago I know how amazing the country really is. There is nothing there! PP have said gondola rides, Rome, Tuscany. I would take any of the above.

4ubie1
07-31-2008, 09:09 AM

I was just thinking that myself. Maybe a water ride like POTC except no pirates and more history of Italy. :thumbsup:

ftwildernesskid
07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
I hadn't even thought about Italy. I'm not sure if I've even stepped foot into Italy's area for more than a moment. What a waste! They should definitely do something with it to liven it up some.

GhostHost999
08-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Forgot to put my own idea in this thread...For Italy...how about a ride where you are in a chariot race, and you're zipping through parts of the country side?...Maybe make it like a motion simulator.

TheRustyScupper
08-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Canada could use a musically themed ride . . .
. . . "give me an eh"

big blue and hairy
08-04-2008, 09:03 AM
You could always do a Matterhorn type ride in Germany (close enough to the Swiss) I think the Germans and Swiss might disagree with that. That would be like putting a Mayan pyramid in the American Adventure, it's close enough to Mexico.
A Rhine River ride of some sort might work in Germany.

I also like the idea of the white water ride in Canada that has been floated several times.

:sulley:

BandMan
08-04-2008, 11:21 AM
I also like the idea of the white water ride in Canada that has been floated several times.

..floated...I like it. :tiphat: :funny:

TysMomTink
08-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Personally I vote for anything, anywhere. I have to say I used to love WS as my favorite part of WDW. Am I the only one who thinks it's become stale? In ten years what's really changed ? And what has hasn't changed for the best (e.g. Rio del Tempo). And as previous posters have noted, Germany and Italy are glorified malls. I say this but yet I am still going to be there for first day of F&W Festival. :mickey:

tinkerbellybutton
08-04-2008, 03:02 PM
You could always do a Matterhorn type ride in Germany (close enough to the Swiss)...or how about something more Aladdin inspired in Morocco

:ditto: to both ideas :thumbsup:

kbean
08-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I agree with Ratatouille.

Crow
08-05-2008, 08:07 PM

yes
otherwise, I know Germany had a planned ride
Id love for Japan or China to have 1

Aero
08-05-2008, 08:14 PM
I also agree with others that a soarin ride would work well in other countries. :thumbsup:

What they should do is change Soarin's movie to include each of the WS countries, in order around the lagoon.

Villains0501
08-15-2008, 03:12 PM
France! the ride starts out as a tour of notre dame but then Frollo and his guards attack and u have to escape it turns into a "Primeval Whirl" like ride. then ends with frollo falling and u guys escaping.

Disney fans..
08-15-2008, 03:25 PM
UK! It could incorporate Mary Poppins, or Alice in Wonderland or even the Beatles (they could call it the "Magical Mystery Tour" :thumbsup:)!

:ditto:

I totally agree! This would be awesome.:thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
08-15-2008, 06:21 PM

Perhaps a Mary Poppins style musical show, or an Alice in Wonderland ride using the same ride technology that they use on Peter Pan or Pooh or any of the others like this.

MickeysEars
08-15-2008, 09:23 PM
A Mulan ride in China would be fun or an Alice in Wonderland ride at UK

This would be cute, the Alice ride in CA is one of my favorites

brianlw71
08-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Italy could use a themed ride.

JerseyDad
08-18-2008, 02:30 PM
...wow...lotsa' great suggestions and ideas here. So...now let me rain on your parades ;)(that's what I do for a living).

As much as adding a "ride" to any of the "ride-less" country's pavillion sounds like a slam dunk (after a ton of creative thought...of course) there appears to be limited room to do so. So...I think that logistics would play as much a part of such an undertaking as funding, need, or creative input would. After looking at the countries that do have rides...it appears that their pavillion buildings have at least 40,000 sf. dedicated to the area which houses the ride/attraction. (Mexico and Norway for example). If a similar undertaking was to be explored for China....it appears that the only area for expansion would be to the rear....however there seems to already be a "support" building of some sort in that location...so...there goes that idea. And...it's directly adjacent to the canal which houses the barges for Illuminations...so there may be a minimal clearance issue there with regards to places of assembly near fireworks/explosives/propane storage, etc. The same issue may hold true for Germany...however that pavillion does seem to have a greater clearance from the mentioned canal and barge area.

Italy seems to have a greater availability of room to it's left side adjacent to Germany...so...there's a chance there? Morocco, Japan, and France all seem to have available land between them....if a ride is proposed....but who gets to do what...will be the question.

When I'm at Epcot...I'm taken aback by the size of the place. But when you really look at the availability of useable land...it's pretty much "a full house".

Goes4FastPass
08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
...So...now let me rain on your parades...when you really look at the availability of useable land...it's pretty much "a full house".

I don't think it's a cloudy as that. Are you speaking of the guest view of EPCOT or the Google Earth view?
I'll bet if someone a few years ago on the dicussion boards had said, "They're going to put Soarin' in the Land" people would'ave called that impossible.

JerseyDad
08-18-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't think it's a cloudy as that. Are you speaking of the guest view of EPCOT or the Google Earth view?
I'll bet if someone a few years ago on the dicussion boards had said, "They're going to put Soarin' in the Land" people would'ave called that impossible.

....as a guest...(at first glance) it appears that there's an abundance of land...but when you look at all the back-stage areas...look at what's already there....access issues...and numerous other facets of development...there is very limited expansion opportunity at Epcot.

...regarding Soarin....I believe that it was primarily an interior alteration to an existing building shell. So available square footage of virgin land was not an issue.

....anything is possible regarding the re-development of a building. But I seriously doubt that WDW will erase one square foot of existing...MONEY MAKING...restaurant and shopping space at Epcot to provide a cultural-themed "ride".

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco and the UK!

None of these have any type of attraction that tells about their country. I'd like to see something added to all of them. Whether it's a ride or 360 film. Anything would be better than nothing.

A Foolish Mortal
08-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Maybe a Matterhorn-ish ride in France, going through the Alps... (the French Alps) or I think a Mary Poppins ride similar to Peter Pan, where you hang, but instead of being in a pirate ship you could be in an umbrella.

Daisy'sMom
08-19-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't think that a thrill ride is necessary in WS. And dont mess with American Adventure, I love the movie in France and Canada. Seems Italy or Germany could use something.

GrumpyFan
08-19-2008, 10:34 AM
....as a guest...(at first glance) it appears that there's an abundance of land...but when you look at all the back-stage areas...look at what's already there....access issues...and numerous other facets of development...there is very limited expansion opportunity at Epcot.

I'm not convinced. If I look at Google maps and other online sources for close up shots of Epcot, I can see lots of unused areas that (IMHO) could be utilized. Some, obviously would be easier than others, as there isn't much there at the moment. But, from what I can see, most of the backstage buildings are the metal frame type buildings which could easily be torn down and rebuilt elsewhere.

Aside from that, people seem to forget what Imagineering had to do to build WDW in the first place. Before they built MK, they moved over 7 million cubic yards of sand and used it to raise the foundation of MK 14 feet. They built 47 miles of canals and 22 miles of levees. There were numerous other huge projects they went thru to build other attractions on property. The point is, if they want to they can move anything to add on to the parks. Of course, the likelihood of them doing so these days is slim, but still it can be done.

...regarding Soarin....I believe that it was primarily an interior alteration to an existing building shell. So available square footage of virgin land was not an issue.
The Soarin' building was a completely new addition to The Land. There was no shell, it was built from scratch. Look for pictures on the Internet.

....anything is possible regarding the re-development of a building. But I seriously doubt that WDW will erase one square foot of existing...MONEY MAKING...restaurant and shopping space at Epcot to provide a cultural-themed "ride".I would tend to agree with you, simply because current management's style seems to be to utilize what they have right now to make money without having to invest a lot.

GrumpyFan
08-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I really wrestle with the idea of adding more attractions to World Showcase. On one hand, the older adult in me likes WS because of it's quieter, calmer more serene nature. There aren't throngs of kids running to and fro yelling to get to the big rides. There are people sitting enjoying a glass of wine or beer and taking in the surroundings and the culture. But, the other side of me, the younger kid wants to go fast, and scream and enjoy a ride that gets my blood moving.

If you think about it though, Epcot as a whole has both of these. WS satisfies the older adult in me who wants to take it easy, and Future World satisfies the young kid in me who wants to be thrilled. So, changing WS to add more rides, especially if they're thrill rides, would actually (IMO) ruin it. Sure, I think it could stand another couple of countries, and some of the existing ones could be updated. But, I think there's a delicate balance that they need to try and preserve in order for the park as a whole to remain as it is.