PDA

View Full Version : Park ticket

MadisonvilleMouse239
07-29-2008, 09:01 PM
I saw on another website that on August 3rd the price of park tickets would be raised.

Has anyone else heard about this?

I planned on booking our May 09 trip in September, but if ticket prices go up I will book before that.

Any info would be appreciated.

SpecJoe Magic
07-30-2008, 01:31 AM
That is only a rumor at this point and nothing official has been announced to my knowledge. Disney has raised ticket prices in August before, so it is a possibility that the rumor turns out to be true. My wife and I bought two 10-day MYW with no expiration tickets today through one of Intercot's sponsors, The Official Ticket Center, just in case the prices do go up soon. You might want to consider doing that if it fits with your vacation plans. Remember, base tickets do not expire until 14 days after the first use. The only reason we purchased the no expiration option is because we are planning on taking two trips with those 10 park days.

You may not be able to do that if you are getting your tickets as part of a special package or some other reason, but it's something to consider because it could be your best option.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-30-2008, 05:26 AM
I received this in a Mousesaver news letter

Disney World Ticket Prices Rumored to Go UP on Sunday!

There is a strong rumor that Walt Disney World ticket prices will be going up on Sunday, August 3. If you were planning to buy tickets, now is the time! (Walt Disney World tickets can be purchased in advance, because unused tickets are valid forever.)

I don't know if it is true or not, they were pushing for buying tickets from their sponsor. :mickey:

MadisonvilleMouse239
07-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

TheRustyScupper
07-30-2008, 08:50 AM
1) The date would appear to be correct.
2) Disney must give new prices no later then 2nd week of August.
3) This is because DRC needs to book packages for the following year.
4) Usually, during the August release,
. . . hotel rates are announced for the next year
. . . dining packages are announced for the next year
. . . special event pricing is announced
. . . ticket prices are announced, effective immediately

yjgirl32
07-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Oh bummer- I might be able to squeak a small trip in on a very tight budget- I guess this means I need to buy my tickets this weekend. HHHMMMM decisions. Thanks for the info.