PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member help-please

Iluvpooh
07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi I am sure that there are some super WDW planners on here that can answer my question too-so thanks in advance!
Here is what I want to know-my sister is thinking about trying to get a (next) summer job at WDW, but what she really wants to know is;
1. How many free tickets she gets in a year.
2. Are they 1 day passes only?
3. What kind of purchase discount does she get on passes and in the parks?

Thanks you guys!

DizneyRox
07-29-2008, 08:27 PM
1. Unknown
2. Usually they are one day tickets
3. Last I heard it was mostly 20% on food and merch, depends on the department and job however. Park tickets really aren't discounted all that much for CMs, very similar to AAA prices ( a little cheaper, but not much).

disneygeek84
07-29-2008, 09:57 PM
My sister worked there last year on the college program and I want to say that she could bring in up to 5 people, 5 times. Maybe 7? I'm really not sure on how many times she could do it, but I'm almost positive that she could bring up to 5 people in per day that she had.

Sorry! That wasn't much help, but maybe it will give you an idea. and then maybe someone else can correct where I'm wrong to give you an even better idea.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-29-2008, 10:33 PM
1 - Depends on if she is PT/FT or just seasonal. If she is part time or full time, it will be 12 passes. If she is seasonal, it will be 6 passes. Each pass will be good for up to three people unless she has more dependents.

2 - They are single day, park hoppers.

3 - Discounts are always 20% on select F&B, all Merch locations, and 50% off of rooms. They do sell tickets at Company D for a discounted price, but I never get mine there, so I wouldn't know the prices. After being with the company for 3 or more years, the discount will go up to 35% on merch. If she works during the October-February period, that is our Christmas season and we'll get 40% off of merch locations.

For the CP, it was 6 passes, for 3 people each.

WDWdriver
07-29-2008, 10:52 PM
1. How many free tickets she gets in a year.
2. Are they 1 day passes only?
3. What kind of purchase discount does she get on passes and in the parks?

1. CMs are issued a Disney ID card that will admit them (by themselves) into any park on almost any day (a few exceptions for peak attendance days).

They also are issued a Maingate Pass that lets them "sign in" a limited number of guests. If the CM is single and working full time, it would be 3 guests each time for up to 12 times a year. A CM who is married and who has dependents would be allowed to sign in more guests each time (depending on the number of dependents), up to 12 times a year.

In addition, each CM gets a number of park admission tickets in the mail twice a year (July and December). The number of tickets depends again on the CMs marital status and number of dependants. These are one day tickets that can be used by anyone. The CM does not have to be present when the tickets are used.

2. They are one day Park Hoppers.

3. 20% on merchandise and many (but not all) restaurants. 40% off on merchandise during the Christmas holiday period. There is no additional discount on park admissions after the free tickets have been used up.