PDA

View Full Version : Innoventions: love it or leave it

Imagineer1981
07-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I saw a couple of posts about innoventions and I have to say I usually skip it and I don't think twice about it. It was pretty cool once, but then I was done with it and rarely go back. Does anyone else go every trip or is it a skipper?

Faver
07-29-2008, 05:01 PM
I always skip it!!!:down: Is that bad??:secret:

ILoveLegos
07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
I go every time, but I am a geek! :mickey:

Young@Heart
07-29-2008, 05:36 PM
We don't go every time. We skipped it last trip, so we'll try to make it this time around, but it's on our secondary list. If time is short, we'll have to skip it again. :blush:

disneymom15
07-29-2008, 05:42 PM
We don't do it every trip. We'll do it this trip because we have 3 newbies coming with.

ParkMan
07-29-2008, 09:16 PM
We'll walk through it, but unless we have the kids we wouldn't stop.

Though if they still do the ride the Segway area, I'd make sure to stop by and do that.

GhostHost999
07-29-2008, 11:06 PM
I like it, because when I last went they had a very cool home theater exhibit. But if this was not one of my hobbies, I'm not sure how interested I'd be in seeing it.

wonderalice23
07-29-2008, 11:08 PM
I enjoy walking through to see any new ideas each time!
Once my sister and I got to make paper there - and I'm a teacher....so I'm always on the lookout for ideas!

SpecJoe Magic
07-30-2008, 01:36 AM
I usually skip it. The concept is a sound one, but it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I think it's because I have so many other activities that I want to experience at Epcot, and I don't want to devote any time to Innoventions, so that I'll have enough time to do the things that I want to do the most.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 09:41 AM
We skipped it last time, but have a longer trip this time and will probably give it another chance.....Plus I have a Disney visa and I think that's where the meet and greet is located

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-30-2008, 09:47 AM
We have generally skipped it in the past. But, now that we have DS9 and DS5, we MUST go to let them build and race their own robots.

The only other thing we do here is have our FREE photo session with the characters with our DIsney Visa rewards.

grumpyguy
07-30-2008, 12:16 PM
we'll check it out on each visit.it is not something i yearn to do but i do like to see if anything is new.

bruin1344
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
pretty much skip it now, havent been prob 1999 or 2000

KAJUNKING
07-30-2008, 01:31 PM
we walk through and the kids mess around with some stuff, but everytime we leave there, i say we wont go back next time, it is a good place to get out of the heat or rain, so im sure well pass through again this year

disneygeek84
07-30-2008, 01:43 PM
I go to WDW at least once a year, and I don't think that I've ever been in there. Maybe once to get out of the rain, but that's it. We usually only stay about a week or less so we don't really have time to walk threw there. Maybe if at some point in my life I stay for more than a week I'll give it try. But for now, it's just one of those things that I skip.

LauraF
07-30-2008, 02:14 PM
I try to stop in briefly for every visit. But unless there are a lot of new things since my last visit, I usually skip most of it.

It's a great concept, but there's not enough stuff to keep me coming back.

Dawnya
07-30-2008, 03:02 PM
We always stop by and see what they have going on when we are there. The kids always find something they want to check out.

brownie
07-30-2008, 03:11 PM
We've only gone in once for a short time, although there are some exhibits in it at the moment that I'd like to check out.

Imagineer1981
07-30-2008, 03:33 PM
what is even worth going to see there? is it even really for kids?

azcavalier
07-30-2008, 03:56 PM
what is even worth going to see there? is it even really for kids?

I think that everything is worth seeing once. We have only been to Innoventions once, and we only went in one side, the one with the Segway demo. Someone else mentioned allowing kids to build and race their own robots...I don't remember seeing that one.

In any case, there is a lot for kids there. Our kids enjoyed the mock-up home with the fire safety game. But only for a few minutes. I don't think that they'd want to go back and do that over and over. We'll probably skip it this time, since we did it last time.

I did, however, get to ride a Segway, and it was pretty cool, except that the CM working there was Dutch (male), and someone that came through in my group happened to be a Dutch female, so of course they sturck up conversations, but he was so obviously flirting with her (and let her ride the Segway longer) that it bugged me a bit.

Aggie97
07-30-2008, 04:17 PM
We visited Innoventions in February for the first time in several years and did enjoy it. It's something we plan to do once every few years. :mickey:

thejens
07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
My kids love it. I hate it. Yawn. To me it is like a trade show or expo, but my kids love the fire game thing and the robots and just about everything else. I get restless in museums too. :-o Last time I left and just sat happily in the sun listening to the music, admiring the topiaries and watching the fountains. I find people watching in the park more entertaining than Innovations, but for my kids we always make a stop!

Mousemates
07-31-2008, 12:31 AM
WE tend to leave it out on most visits

CaptSmee
07-31-2008, 01:31 AM
We usually go every other time we visit WDW. Ever sinc we went on the Undiscovered Future World Tour my sister loves the House of the Future exhibit.