PDA

View Full Version : 2 Random Movie Reviews!

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
"Step Brothers" (Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly)
Personally, I'm getting sick of Will Ferrell and how he plays the same character in every movie (an ignorant man child). The refreshing thing about this movie is that his character Brennan is not disquised as something else, he literally is a 40 year old man who won't grow up, unlike in "Anchorman" where he was an immature tv reporter, or "Talladega Nights" where he was a ill tempered race car driver. With that in mind, you can actually laugh at this movie. I give it 4 out of 5 "That Guys"

"The X Files: I Want To Believe" (David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson)
This movie is plagued by the fact that its a movie. Need more explanation? In the TV show, they had a limited amount of time to introduce characters, plots, and actions so that everything could be wrapped up quickly. Therefore, you got pretty much the best parts of the script thrown right at you. With the movie however, they have more time they have to fill and unfortunately, the movie loses viewers with that. On a related note, the TV show always used urban legends and folklore in its plots, and the same goes for this movie...Unfortunately they don't introduce the main urban legend they chose to use until the last 20 minutes. Not kidding. It kept me guessing though so I'll give it 2 and a half / 3 "That Guys".

Stay tuned for more! (I work at a theater...the movies are free...seen Dark Knight FIVE times!)

pink
07-30-2008, 06:18 PM
I saw "Step Brothers" last night, I usually don't like Will Ferrell but I enjoyed this movie and "Elf". It wasn't the best I've ever seen but it had a few laughs. :mickey:

Tick-Tock
07-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Check out Wil Ferrell in "Stranger than Fiction" with Emma Thompson. It's a nice change from his usual roles.

disneycutie165
08-11-2008, 01:35 PM
My point of view:
"Step Brothers"- won't be seeing it, because it's rated R (hey I'm only 13!). But personally i think it looks hilarious! But it does look like John C. Reilly is trying to act like Will Ferrell. And I agree, I am tired of Will and his stupid ignorant man-childish self.

"The X Files"- show was too slow and not worth a couple seasons, and a movie took it too far.Although i have to say that i love Billy Conolly!