PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Downtown Disney hotel?

Lynn J Mc
07-29-2008, 02:11 PM
What is your favorite DTD hotel and why?

Mousemates
07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
The hilton because of the EMH...thou if my memory serves me correclty they only had full sized beds. WE enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree, thou we had major issues with the sleeper sofas in the living room (We had to switch rooms three times because the beds were actually broken.....but this was a long time ago (late 90s)...and they did comp us one night's lodging.

#1disneyfan
07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
I have only stayed at the Grovsner. We thought it was okay, we were in one of the wing rooms. My mom stayed in the tower and thought it was really alot nicer.

They also received free buffet dinner both nights they were there.

They also bought a timeshare while they were there. I guess there was a rep in the lobby or outside and they got roped into a tour with the promise of free WDW passes. They bought at BonnetCreek which is right next door to CBR. That is a gorgeous resort, but I still love my WDW resorts!

kmo84
07-30-2008, 05:48 PM
My favorites in DTD are the Royal Plaza, the Hilton and the Palace.
The Plaza was recently renovated, and the rooms look great. I also enjoy the breakfast buffet there. It's a good value.

The Hilton is always clean, and I like that they have a few different places for meal choices.

The Plaza has a nice pool area, and the views from the rooms are great.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-31-2008, 03:22 PM
We stayed at the Best Western the night before our Coronado Springs check in Dec. 2005....it cost nearly $200 for the one night and it was crummy....we had mildewed, moldy ceiling tiles in the bathroom and the room reeked of smoke (in non-smoking)...I'll stay on grounds now the night before:(