PDA

View Full Version : Will BLT affect WLV?

Figment78
07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
I hope no one thinks I'm a pain with all my questions! It's just well, DVC is a significant purchase and I've always found the Intercotees to have great information and opinions!

As I was contemplating our DVC resort choices, I found myself thinking, "We'll buy BCV to be near Epcot and WLV to be nearer to MK". Then I thought, maybe we should just buy BCV now, and wait on WLV. Instead, maybe purchase at the "rumored" Bay Lake Tower DVC at the Contemporary since that will be very convenient for trips to MK when kids are little and still in strollers.

I am certain BLT will be a VERY high demand resort - I spent years saying, "If they ever built a DVC on the monorail...." Do any of you think that the demand for BLT will help free up some reservation availability for WLV? I mean, I know there are lots of other great reasons people love WL (I do!), but maybe others will have the same thought process I just did and end up at the contemporary instead (leaving WLV for me to book at a 7 month window sometimes!);)

thumperbug
07-29-2008, 01:43 PM
While there is no official announcement yet on BLT, it is safe to assume it will be a "hot" DVC resort when/if it does open. As it could be the first DVC on the monorail system, the general thought is that it will be expensive to buy/use points there and it will probably be difficult to make reservations at the 7 month mark. But again, that is always dependent on what time of year you are going.

Decemeber is a hot month for DVC members and trying to get anything at anything other then you home resort can be difficult.

If you don't mind off season, then the chances of getting a reservation there are better.

I do think that it would take some of the "pressure" off the other popular DVC resorts such as BCV.

Mackflava99
07-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Well the resort is well underway so its no secret- and i do see some sort of walkway to the monorail- unless the monorail will go right inside-

I have a picture- i just need to download it.

I think it will ease the stress on the other resorts- which is great