PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Innoventions questions

the other micki
07-29-2008, 10:48 AM
I figure that we'll be able to devote about 1 1/2 - 2 hours at Innoventions. Is this enough? Also, is there one side (east or west) that you enjoyed more or would suggest beginning at? Not sure how it works since we haven't done this area before.

Thanks for your input!

Imagineer1981
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
I usually find an hour is plenty for me, but I think Innoventions is in need of an overhaul as well

AmandaChan
07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey one thing that we overlooked the first couple times to Disney was the house of the future. Well, I'm not sure what exactly it's called but we have went through it a couple times and a guide takes you through the house and explains all the new technology in the house. It's pretty neat and relaxing. Be sure to check it out. I don't remember which innoventions it's in.

:mickey::mickey:

SBETigg
07-29-2008, 12:52 PM
I do like one more than the other, but I never remember which, plus they are always changing. You could spend a lot of time at Innoventions, or a little. It's really up to you and what you find there to interest you. Basically, we're usually in and out in half hour or less per both sides, but occasionally something grabs us and we stay for 45 minutes or so.

If you have a short trip or not more than a day at Epcot, there are attractions that interest me far more than spending a lot of time at Innoventions. It is worth stopping and looking, but maybe not a big chunk of time's worth, unless you have the luxury of time to see most of the rest of Epcot.

DizneyRox
07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
I think the music loop itself is just over 1/2 an hour... But as far as going inside? I tend to not go anymore, was put off by the giant arcade a few years back. Sometimes if the crowds are heavy it's easier to walk through on the way over to Soarin'!!!

threeh
07-29-2008, 01:43 PM
I may be in the minority but my family and I tend to spend lots of time in Innoventions. Trip before last my son loved playing the game by all the computers. This last trip we kept going to the place to make robots. We ended up there every time we went to EPCOT. I do think it jut depends on you and your travel mates. Come to think of it the trip before that we spent a bunch of time playing the space race game in Mission space. :confused:
Happy planning!!!

tss22
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
While we're at it, do they still have the robot race game where you build your own robot and then use the foot pads to race it against others?

huzzah4
07-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Why does everyone always say that Innoventions needs to be updated? I always love going in and seeing all of the new upcoming technology of 1985.

Mousemates
07-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Why does everyone always say that Innoventions needs to be updated? I always love going in and seeing all of the new upcoming technology of 1985.

:thumbsup: Yeah, in a similar vein we enjoyed watching the original "Tron" last night and seeing the mind-blowing computer grpahics of 1982. What seemed so futuristic then, seemed very quaint and simplistic.

Young@Heart
07-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Our fav. is East b/c DC like to make the robots. :mickey: The only reason I don't care for innoventions is that I'd rather be doing other things while in Epcot. :blush:

joonyer
07-29-2008, 06:15 PM
My kids (now 15 & 12) love to play all the interactive games in Innoventions, and they will easily spend several hours in there. DW and I leave them in there and check out some of world showcase and then meet back up with them later. Doing this depends onthe age of your kids and maturity etc, but we let them spend as much time as they want there. (we check in on each other with a cell phone)

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
As a lot of people said, depending on what's your cup of tea you may not even care to tour Innoventions.....If you have a kid into video games and computers, then yes they probably would like it....One thing that was kind of fun and only takes 2-3 minutes was the giant pay phone...It is bigger than you, but it really works, my son called his grandfather from there on our first trip...I guess it still there but I don't remember what part it was in.:blush: