PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Dining

Aurora's Spindle
07-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Thinking of branching out and trying some new dining options ... I haven't personally eaten much at Downtown Disney. Any suggestions or reviews on the dining are much appreciated -- Bongo's Cuban Cafe, Portobello Yacht Club, and Fulton's Crab House in particular. (We're aiming for dinner, but lunch suggestions work, too.) Thanks!

RALPH
07-29-2008, 07:13 AM
We eat at Fulton's every trip. It is one of the highlights. I love the seafood options. DS had a NY strip one year that was melt in your mouth. And they serve the best dessert in WDW, milk chocolate creme brulee! We have an ADR for our up coming August trip again!

The downside is it is very expensive. We offset that by using our annual pass to get a 10% discount. But I have found the food quality to be worth it. Service has been very good. We have eaten here at least 10 times, and only had a bad waiter once.

mouseketeer mom
07-29-2008, 08:58 AM
We highly recommend Wolfgang Pucks at Downtown Disney. The menu is sooo good, and we like eating outside by the water.

laprana
07-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I second Wolfgang Puck's Cafe! They have a huge selection on the menu, the food is always delicious, and we've always had excellent service! I highly recommend the macadamia nut crusted chicken and the white chocolate cheesecake. Yumm!!! :tasty:

SBETigg
07-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I really like Raglan Road for the food, service, and atmosphere, live music after 9. Fulton's was a favorite when it was the Empress Lilly, years ago, but I haven't been back since it changed. I've heard that it's fairly expensive for a casual seafood place. I did enjoy being on the boat, though, and I mean to visit eventually.

DumboMom
07-29-2008, 10:06 AM
My Husband and I went to the Portobello Yacht Club and the Fulton Crab house during our honeymoon.
We loved the Fulton Crab house. We enjoyed the crab cakes and steak. The atmosphere is also very beautiful. We both felt Portobello Yacht Club wasn't very memorable. We both walked out of the restaurant feeling we over paid for an average meal. We thought Italy in Epcot had better Italian.
Have a great time on your trip!
:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-29-2008, 10:30 AM
We plan to try Raglan Road after a lot of good reviews....:)

BoricuaBell
07-29-2008, 10:39 AM
We always eat at Bongo's everytime we go. It's the Latin in our blood that takes us there. We always enjoy the food: ropa vieja, arroz con habichuelas, and amarillos!!! ;)

bjs6
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Raglan Road is quite good. Earl of Sandwich is tasty, quick and inexpensive (possibly the most reasonably priced food in WDW). Wolfgang Puck Express is good food served pretty quick as well.

ThanxForNoticin
07-30-2008, 12:24 PM
We would highly recommend PYC. It's one of our favorites, both for the food and service. Get a table outside (depending on the weather, of course) or by the window with a view of the lake - a very good and relaxing meal.

bruin1344
07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
ive eaten at planet holywood, rainforest and wolfgang puck, ph and rainforest are ok, i really liked wolfgang puck

Lightnin McQueen
07-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi,

Wolfgang Pucks is great, ate there several times and never disappointed, highly reccomended.

Giving Fulton's a go in 20 days time, walk by and it's always caught my eye, looks so unique. Always wanted to eat at this place so we're going for it.

For a great quick meal the Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich.

Enjoy your dining.

Lightnin.

Faver
07-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Bongos, Wolfgang Pucks, and my dessert favorite; Ghiradelli Soda Fountain!!! absolutely great!!!:number1:

AmandaChan
07-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Thinking of branching out and trying some new dining options ... I haven't personally eaten much at Downtown Disney. Any suggestions or reviews on the dining are much appreciated -- Bongo's Cuban Cafe, Portobello Yacht Club, and Fulton's Crab House in particular. (We're aiming for dinner, but lunch suggestions work, too.) Thanks!

Bongo's - Never ate there, husband always wanted to. Never got around to it.

Portobello - Please don't eat here. I'm not trying to boycott it or anything but it was by far the most disappointing expensive meal we've ever had at Disney. Not worth the money. My husband got veal and he couldn't even finish half of it.

Fulton's - For two people it is VERY easy to spend $100 here. I always get the crab legs (we've been twice) and it's a nice restaurant if you want a fancier experience. I wouldn't say that food is extremely fancy for the price but it's a nice place. They have a huge wine list and we love to sit outside before our reservations on the deck and drink. The waiter we had last time was amazingly nice and I would go back again just to have him as a server.

Raglan Road - Now here's my favorite! My husband and I ALWAYS order the Forest of Scallops (they serve each breaded scallop individually on its own fork upright with a delicious small green salad with it on a plank). My husband got the maple salmon the second time we went and he quoted it to be the greatest salmon he's ever had. I got the Roast stew both times and even though they serve it in a small iron pot bowl thing i could NOT finish it neither times. It was pure meat and delicious broth and potatoes. We will never visit Disney again without eating at Raglan Road.

:beer: :mickey:

kemps@wdw
07-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Fulton's ...Excellent but pricey
PYB...haven't been there
Wolfgang Pcuk's...DS says it has the best sushi
Bongo...havent ben there
Rain Forest...Average-too long of a wait
Planet Hollywood...same as above
Earl Of Sandwich...hitting it in 09
Ghiradellis...a must-do for dessert
House Of Blues...LOVE IT! good comfort food @ a reasonable price. We go every trip