PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Tournament: Peter Pan Region

DizneyFreak2002
07-28-2008, 09:40 PM
The Pinocchio Region is complete... Here are the results:

Artist Point defeated Sleepy Hollow 41-5; Rose & Crown Pub defeated Pepper Market 43-9; Toy Story Pizza Planet upset Shula's Steak House 23-22; Restaurantosaurus defeated Old Port Royale 24-19...

The Peter Pan Region games will now begin... Voting will be cast the same way as the previous regions.... Remember, I am going to list all 8 restaurants in the region in the poll... I am listing them as if it were the brackets you were looking at... Multiple votes are allowed for the poll... When voting, please only vote for 4 of the restaurants..

Here are the match ups:

1) Narcoossee's faces 8) Main Street Bakery
2) Mama Melrose faces 7) Gasparilla Grill and Games
3) Columbia Harbour House faces 6) House of Blues
4) The Artist's Palette faces 5) Olivia's Cafe

When voting, please keep these match ups in mind... Please vote for one restaurant per match up, up to 4 votes... Remember, you will be allowed multiple votes...

All should go smooth just like the previous two regions....

Remember to keep track of the brackets here... The brackets have been updated to feature all the completed regions:

Disney Dining Tournament (http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=278703)

OK, on to the beginning of the region.. Happy voting!!!

DisneyBunch
07-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Although it's not a traditional restaurant, Main Street Bakery is one of the WDW landmarks that we visit on every trip.:mickey:

Camping Mom
07-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Restaurantosaurus isn't open anymore...it moved to the Tusker House and they combined staff. I miss the fun of Restaurantosaurus.

DizneyFreak2002
07-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Restaurantosaurus isn't open anymore...it moved to the Tusker House and they combined staff. I miss the fun of Restaurantosaurus.

The character breakfast closed.. Restaurantosaurus is still open though.. I think it serves McDonald's now lol....

RAIDER
07-29-2008, 05:03 AM
tough voting on this one .....very good poll :thumbsup:

BritCody
07-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Could Main Street Bakery be the "Cinderella Restaurant" (pun intended) with the big upset!!!

avantgardeinker
07-29-2008, 09:20 AM
This has been a great tournament! Can't wait for the next round!!!

:mickey:

dixielandings
07-29-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm glad to confirm that R'saurus is still open - this was one of my fave character meals b/c of the fun atmosphere in there. And also b/c it was the first thing that my boyfriend-at-the-time and I did together at WDW - before he proposed to me that night and ultimaely became bear_necessity, my DH! :cloud9: So it will always hold special siginificance for me!

DizneyFreak2002
07-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Could Main Street Bakery be the "Cinderella Restaurant" (pun intended) with the big upset!!!

So far the bakery has an 11 point lead... I am shocked actually...

This region completes the first round.. Once this region is done, the first round is done... Before the second round starts, I will recap the first round...

DizneyFreak2002
07-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Half way report: We have a major upset brewing... Main Street Bakery currently holds a 13 vote lead over the region's top seed, Narcoossee's... This is indeed a shocking development... Let's see if Main Street Bakery can hold on.. There is still a lot of time left to vote...

princessjojo
07-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Main Street Bakery...can you say :tasty:

beksy
07-29-2008, 10:56 PM
As a total sweets fanatic I had to vote for Main Street Bakery...their desserts (or sometimes meals in my case :blush:) are fabulous! :tasty:

DizneyFreak2002
07-29-2008, 11:54 PM
WOW!!!! :eek:

Main Street Bakery, an 8 seed, is destroying Narcoossee's, a 1 seed... :jaw:

I smell MAJOR upset...

Daddy Mouse
07-30-2008, 12:44 PM
It's a Cinderella story for the Bakery:spoiler:

Polynesian Dweller
07-30-2008, 12:52 PM
It's a Cinderella story for the Bakery:spoiler:

Which is completely ridiculous. The qualitative difference isn't even slightly close. This could be revealing a problem in this contest, a decidedly lower quality place winning simply because the other is in a theme park and thus more people go to it. Kind of undoes the purpose of this.

DizneyFreak2002
07-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Which is completely ridiculous. The qualitative difference isn't even slightly close. This could be revealing a problem in this contest, a decidedly lower quality place winning simply because the other is in a theme park and thus more people go to it. Kind of undoes the purpose of this.

The whole idea of this tournament is to have some fun... Intercotees have the right to vote for which ever eatery they prefer in the contests... If a lesser place wins over a sit down, full serve restaurant, then that is the will of the people on this board... If we, or I, were going to go on the basis that Narcoossee's should advance because it is a sit down restaurant, then why have a competition??? I seriously doubt Main Street Bakery will win the tournament, but, if it does, then the will of the Intercot members would have been heard... :)