PDA

View Full Version : Samantha Brown: Passport To Great Weekends

IamBelle
07-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Did anyone see the episode when she went to New Hampshire? I live 20 mins away, and I never seen any of the places she went to! The only thing that was familiar was the beach she went on, and that was in Maine!

Did anyone see other episodes that were good?

SBETigg
07-28-2008, 10:08 PM
I vacation in Wells, Maine every year and I was familiar with some of the places she visited. Flo's hot dogs is legendary-- it is also in Maine. But Portsmouth is so close to Maine.

I love her Weekend shows. I missed the one I really wanted to see, the San Francisco one. I'll be there Wednesday through Saturday.

IamBelle
07-29-2008, 09:08 AM
There is a new episode on in 2 weeks in D.C. i went there on a band trip and are planning to return, so I would love to see the things we missed!

SBETigg
07-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Oh, cool! The conference that I'm attending this week in San Francisco is in DC next year, so I can get some ideas and start planning.

pixie897
07-29-2008, 09:41 AM
She did a cool show about Orlando outside of the theme parks and it was pretty cool. She went to Winter Park to a wine room and a huuuuuge shoe store! I was really cool for all of us shop-a-holics!!
:shop:

wdwgrl377
07-29-2008, 11:57 AM
I LOVE this show! I like anything she does. It was so good to see her in my hometown of New Orleans! I sure do miss Central Grocery Co. in the French Quarter

murphy1
07-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Sherri, have fun at your conference, what a great place to have one at! My Smocking Guild (SAGA) is having ours here in Atlanta this year, I'm excited!

I loved the one in Orlando since I spend a lot of time there now and in the past, I checked out Charles Keila's site (he is the glass guy she saw) and we're going to sign up for his ornament class to make one when we go to O-town again. Winter Park is really nice (Rollins College is there). And the President of Walt Disney World, Meg Crofton, lives there. I don't know if it's there anymore, but I used to go to this restaurant called Peppers that was very good.

SBETigg
08-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks, Shari. It was amazing. I looked up Samantha Brown's blogs (and her crew's) on the Travel Channel website and took her suggestion to have a cocktail at Harry Denton's Starlight bar, at the top of the Sir Francis Drake. Fun!

threeh
08-10-2008, 09:44 PM
I really like Samantha Brown. I have the show tivo'd and I'll start watching when the kids head back to school the end of the month. I can't wait. How about passport to china?? They look good too!!! Gotta love the travel channel!!:thumbsup:

bleukarma
08-12-2008, 09:59 AM
I've seen a few episodes of this show and I really like it! I tend to like everything she does though. Is that her wedding picture in the commercials for it, behind the phone that is ringing? When she went to New Orleans she got her fortune told and she told her that she will have twins. It will be funny to see if that comes true or not! haha! :mickey: