PDA

View Full Version : Best way to go from resort to resort?

spiderkd
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Just a quick question as to the best way to get from one resort to another... more specifically from POR to SSR. Does anyone have any ideas?

PetefromRI
07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
I would take the boat from POR-DTD and then take the boat from DTD-SSR.

Piglet822
07-28-2008, 06:44 PM
You will need to use a park as your transfer point since Disney does not provide resort to resort bus service.
I would not recommend using DD unless all the parks are closed and there are no other options. For some reason buses to/from DD have a longer wait time.
If you need to be there by a specific time be sure to give yourself plenty of travel time or you can easily grab a taxi from either resort.

spiderkd
07-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Thank you for the speedy response. It's why I love Intercot so much :thumbsup:

Donald's Girl
07-28-2008, 10:23 PM
From POR to SSR I would definitely take the boat. The boat service to DTD is one of the reasons we prefer the POR & FQ over other moderates. (But we also always rent a car so we can quickly get to anywhere we want!)

Kisobel
07-28-2008, 10:48 PM
the boat or a cab. we took a couple cabs last year from resort to resort. was worth the 17-18$ it cost in time saving.

kate

mouseketeer mom
07-29-2008, 08:56 AM
We always take a taxi resort to resort. It takes way too much time otherwise. It is not expensive. On a side note..there have been a few times where we've gone out front to get a taxi to another resort and the valet has ended up driving us since its just a jump away! I'm sure thats not the rule, but we've been lucky.

Mousemates
07-29-2008, 09:11 AM
if you drive into ORlando or have a rental car ...drive yourslef

if you don't have a car and don't mind the extrsa cash outlay....a taxi.

if you do mind the cash....take a bus to the closest park or simply the first availalble park bus (this is what we usually do, if we aren't driving))...and then transfer to a bus for your resort of choice.

Or if you have lots of time...(because if you just miss a boat, it can really stack up your travel time)....do the boats. They actually are a pretty relaxing way to get from point a to point b to point c.

wendy*darling
07-29-2008, 10:58 AM
For POR to SSR, I would do the boat to DTD.
Then, grab the SSR boat if possible- or walk to SSR!
There is a very nice path from both the Martketplace and the West Side to SSR. The West Side path will take you directly to the main building (with the restaurants, etc.)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-29-2008, 06:24 PM
My first thought also was to take the boat. It's a nice relaxing ride.

Piglet822
07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Okay, ignore my last post. This is why I should not try to help when I'm tired :blush:
I saw SSR and thought Coronado Springs (don't ask, I have no clue)

joonyer
07-31-2008, 01:27 AM
The best way is simply to drive your own car. If you have one there. We always drive down so its no problem for us.

spiderkd
07-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Driving our own car is a nice idea in theory but I've found that it takes rather a long time from the UK :silly:

Just kidding, not sure whether we will have a hire car or not, but I think I may use the boat and then walk. Thanks again everybody :D

Mousemates
08-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Driving our own car is a nice idea in theory but I've found that it takes rather a long time from the UK :silly:

Reminds me of a girl from my last church who asked how long it would take to drive to Aruba on their honeymoon.

Mickey91
08-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I would drive. Or, take a boat to DTD and then to SSR.