PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite music in the parks?

laprana
07-28-2008, 05:02 PM
One of the things I love about WDW parks is the music! I love the themed music in each land at MK, the music played at the entrance of Epcot and into Future World, the different music in AK...it all adds so much to the atmosphere! I also love the music in the rides, queues, parades, and shows...But my all time favorite music in all of WDW is the music to Illuminations! I could listen to that over and over. I have it on my iPod, and when it plays I can just close my eyes and see the whole show in my mind. Takes me straight to Epcot! :D

So, what's your favorite music in the parks?

disneymom15
07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Wishes and the song after Illuminations

IceCreamlover
07-28-2008, 06:27 PM
The song after Fantasmic is my all time favorite! My son put in on a CD for me & it's also his ringtone when he calls me. I hate to have to answer & cut the music off!!

tadshome
07-28-2008, 06:45 PM
I love the parade music from The Princess Parade that used to be at DLRP, I think that it is called Dancing(a catchy rhythm)

I also love the music to Wishes :cloud9:

Dixie Springs
07-28-2008, 06:50 PM
The various Epcot loops (old & new); Soarin'; Illuminations. I'm still a sucker for Spectromagic - even though I've heard it a million times...

MrsAndre
07-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I love the music in The Wilderness Lodge. I think some of it is the same as the soundtrack from "Dances With Wolves", it's just beautiful and so evocative of the theme.

ETA - oops, I guess I didn't really answer the question, I read it quickly and thought it was regarding the entire resort.

yjgirl32
07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm sure that I am picking one that most people hate- but It's a small World. The first time I went there that was the song I remembered the most. I also love Zip-pe-do-dah or song of the south song. They both just put me in a great mood.

DizneyRox
07-28-2008, 07:37 PM
The Innoventions loop is one of my favorites, however the Seas with Nemo BGM is really growing on me. Probably one of the best "new" loops out there.

Mousemates
07-28-2008, 07:38 PM
My tongue in cheek vote goes for "There's a great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" from CoP...but while thats not really my favorite disney music , I actually do like those syrupy hokey feel good songs that get trapped in your brain and refuse to be released (another good example is IASW). I also enjoy the background music on Main Street. But my favorite Disney music is from SPlash Mountain.

Arnold Simba
07-28-2008, 07:51 PM
My favorite song is "Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life For Me." Really miss the parrot that used to be at the entrance to POTC when he squawked the title! lol A piece of music that makes me sit down and reflect is this loop of music heard between Spaceship Earth and the Musical Water Fountains. I think it's the ending theme music from American Adventure, not sure of the title ("Freedom's Wings ???) Anyway, for some reason when I hear that music, it puts me in the mood to sit down for a few minutes, enjoy the views of Epcot, and just let the feeling that "Hey, I'm actually HERE in DisneyWorld!" sink in. :)

Young@Heart
07-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I love all the park music! I think most of my favorite is at MK, though.

kemps@wdw
07-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Whats NOT my fave music? :confused: I LUV them all. :cloud9: From the music I hear in line while waiting to go in 1st thing in th AM, to the final so-long tunes as I wrap up in the PM, it's ALL good!:thumbsup: My old-time fave :old: would have to be the "Main ST Electrical Parade". (have it on CD in my truck). I relax to "Soarin", shed a little tear to the American Adventure theme (remembering the show), giggle a little to Splash Mt, and pretty much just enjoy letting the music take me away to the place I want to be all the time!
(I have to admit, I have all the WDW cds in my truck...so I get my WDW fix daily:D)

BoricuaBell
07-28-2008, 10:31 PM
My husband and I love Wishes, Fantasmic, and the Epcot entrance music for sure!

BoricuaBell
07-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh, and "yo ho, yo ho, a Pirate's life for me"!:thumbsup:

laprana
07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
My tongue in cheek vote goes for "There's a great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" from CoP...but while thats not really my favorite disney music , I actually do like those syrupy hokey feel good songs that get trapped in your brain and refuse to be released (another good example is IASW).

I know exactly what you mean! It's those classic Disney tunes that might seem a little corny, but it just wouldn't be the same without them!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-29-2008, 09:49 AM
I probably would choose the Pirates theme, yo-ho, yo-ho A Pirates Life for me....we also go at Christmas time and there is the song they play at MK's Christmas parade-"I need a little Christmas, right this very moment:" its very catchy but its one of those songs that gets stuck in your head and by the time you leave you can't stand it anymore:blush:

Mackflava99
07-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Off kilter in Canada

dixielandings
07-29-2008, 10:13 AM
ALL of the music is so important to me for its purpose - to create and contribute to the atmosphere!! I can't imagine a silent WDW. :secret:

That said - I love the Tomorrowland BG music and Epcot FW music, particularly the entrance loop and SpaceMt. queue music. I also get that special sappy feeling when I hear music that reminds me of Main Street or Frontierland - banjos, ragtime piano, etc.

And I LOVE the score for Impressions de France. But that has less to do with Disney and more to do with those 19th century French composers. :thumbsup:

synesthesiademo
07-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I love the Innoventions loop!

Imagineer1981
07-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Boy thats tough...the music is what makes the parks. I have to say I do love Adventureland loops and POTC

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2008, 10:40 AM
There are so many, I don't know if I could pin it down to just one.

In MK - I just melt when I hear the Main Street Music loop. It just gets me every time. I also love the music you hear as you cross the bridge into Adventureland. But Wishes is my all time fave at MK.

In Epcot - The enterence loop music is nice, I love the Air Battle music on the fountain. But Illuminations and "We Go On" that plays after is awesome, my all time faves at Epcot. I have had to re-purchase the CD twice because I play it so much I wore it out.

In DHS - The music you hear on Sunset Blvd and the Tower of Terror are my ultimate faves here, however, I love Aerosmith too!

In AK - I really love the music at Flame Tree BBQ. I could just sit there all evening and listen....it sounds better at night!

azcavalier
07-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Our favorite is the Christmas loop that they do at Epcot, that you can hear by the big fountain as you transition from FutureWorld to the WS. We LOVE that music, but they don't sell it. We've asked every time we go around Christmas, and every time a cast member says, "You know, I have never seen it, but you're right! That would be cool!"

Other than that, it's the Epcot loops. I always love the music at Epcot.

And Off Kilter is pretty good, too. You have GOT to love an Electric Bagpipe.

KAJUNKING
07-29-2008, 01:25 PM
epcot entrance loop, golden dream, promise, we go on, and i love the voices of liberty, and wishes

I take the Ferry
07-29-2008, 01:26 PM
1.) "Hey-yah" song after IllumiNations
2.) Promise after IllumiNations
3.) The song on the "radio" on Kilimanjaro Safari
4.) Big Thunder queue
5.) Space Mountain queue

Just about the only music I don't like is the queue for Test Track. So annoying.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

GhostHost999
07-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Hmmm...tough call on music...

I think my all time fave song is "One Little Spark".

How can you not want to go and do something creative after listening to that?
:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
07-30-2008, 02:22 AM
I agree with many others about the entrance music to Epcot. We always begin our week with the ride around on the monorail. At Christmastime,the fountain music is glorious - can't get enough of it.:santa:

RAIDER
07-30-2008, 04:11 AM
Illuminations is my favourite ,it always leaves me with goose bumps after the firework show .I have it on cd as well :thumbsup:

bruin1344
07-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Splash Mountain, Pirates of Caribbean, Thunder Mountain, Rockin Roller Coaster

KAJUNKING
07-30-2008, 01:42 PM
3.) The song on the "radio" on Kilimanjaro Safari

i couldnt agree more with this one, someone requests it almost everyday on subsonic radio

slegrant
07-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Where to begin! I love the tribal drums in adventureland. I love the background music in Frontierland and Fantasyland. So my vote would go to MK. Although the music in all parks are special to my family & I. It just would not be the same without the sounds and music throughout. :mickey:

Ropachs
07-30-2008, 02:02 PM
I am one more person who loves the music when I'm walking into Epcot!
However, I can't believe no one has mentioned The Tiki Room!!! I just love that song...In The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room...now I'll be signing it all day, my DS can't take it anymore :mickey:

Stich8818
07-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Another vote here for all the Future World loops and what not..If I had to pick a favorite...I would say the music around Ellens Universe of Energy...

joonyer
07-30-2008, 02:45 PM
My #1 favorite is "When you wish upon a star" especially during Wishes. It is the pure essence of Disney magic to me and brings tears of joy to my eyes, even if I'm not at WDW when I hear it. I just imagine myself on main Street with the fireworks exploding over the castle. MAGIC!

Dawnya
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
I think It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is great. I also love the Illuminations music.

Laughin' place
07-30-2008, 09:53 PM
sorry, but I cant choose one. Its a dead heat between the instrumental version of "you can fly" played in the Pan queue, and the Innoventions song

texasteacher
08-07-2008, 12:45 PM
My favorite song is "Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life For Me." Really miss the parrot that used to be at the entrance to POTC when he squawked the title! lol A piece of music that makes me sit down and reflect is this loop of music heard between Spaceship Earth and the Musical Water Fountains. I think it's the ending theme music from American Adventure, not sure of the title ("Freedom's Wings ???) Anyway, for some reason when I hear that music, it puts me in the mood to sit down for a few minutes, enjoy the views of Epcot, and just let the feeling that "Hey, I'm actually HERE in DisneyWorld!" sink in. :)

I also love the ending song from the American Adventure. It is called "Golden Dreams." You can hear Voices of Liberty sing it on YouTube.

Goes4FastPass
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Easy.

SpectroMagic! (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/entertainment/entertainmentDetail?id=SpectroMagicParadeEntertain mentPage)

ta ta DAH ta ta DUM DUM ta DAH!

Wickster1970
08-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Wow...tough one.
It's been a while since I have been at the parks, but the ones that have stuck with me are One Little Spark, Canada (You're Lifetime Journey) and Tomorrow's Child.

Gee....guess which is my favorite park:thumbsup:

trudisneygal
08-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I always love the music in Space Mountain...especially when you go through it on the TTA. Also, Adventureland sounds and music.

ILoveLegos
08-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Yanni's music as the Epcot Fountain puts on it's show!

disney99
08-08-2008, 12:06 PM
the 30's swing music at DHS is my favorite.

Always Goofy
08-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I actually like the entrance to Epcot as well, but one that no one has mentioned yet is the marimba music on the train. I have always loved that music!

I am like everyone else...I love it all!!!

MichaelMouse
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
It seems perfect to say, all the music played throughout the disney resort fits perfect right where it plays. Here are some favorites for me:

MK: Main Street USA big band music, Main St. Electric parade, Wishes, Spectro, Pirates: Yo Ho., Great Big Beautiful.....(you know how the rest goes), Splash Mt..

Epoct: entrance

Polynesian: Hawaiian music heard throughout the grounds....lol (You guys forgot about that one) :piano::tuba:

EPCOTcoffeegirl
08-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I have so many I'll follow others' examples and do the by park breakdown :)

MK--love the ragtimey versions of old broadway songs they play on Main Street!(especially Put On Your Sunday Clothes...which is even more special now thanks to WallE!) Also love tribal drums as you cross the bridge into Adventureland, the chord progression of Grim Grinnin Ghosts, the pre-spinning TeaCup music from Alice in Wonderland, Space Mountain cue music and Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (which is my moms cell ringtone!)

Old but not forgotten MK music that I loved: If You Had Wings/Dreamflight, original Tiki room songs, off to nowhere in particular (toad cue music), and Baroque Hoedown! Oh, and "these are the times, these are the best times these are the best times of our lives!"

Epcot: American Adventure area music (Heard it every day working there!), Innoventions East area music, all of the fountain medleys, Illuminations.

Old but not forgotten Epcot Center Music: Here we goooo, feel the floooow, through the univeeeeerse of energyyyyy! "Just make believe, you're a tiny little seed, a tiny little seed reachin up to meet your needs!", Dreamfinder/Figment singing "One Little Spark", Tomorrow's Child and the music in Horizons!

DHS--cue music for ToT mostly here. :) and Fantasmic of course!

Does anyone out there remember the old World Showcase song? :) It had it's own theme!

MichaelMouse
08-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I use to love that ride: If you had Wings/Dream Flight, now thats classic.

:plane:

gwfx1031
08-08-2008, 05:29 PM
I like the background music in FW in Epcot. As a former CM it holds nice memmories and we got to really hear it each day, especially before and after park hours.

spiderkd
08-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I really love the old music played on the MK Train - 'Rollin', rollin' on the express, rollin' on the Walt Disney World express...' :train:

I don't think it plays anymore :(

DISFREAKS
08-08-2008, 06:28 PM
We get teary eyed during Golden Dream at the end of American Adventure every time. Also love Soarin.
Honorable mention to Tapestry of Nations. DW gets teary eyed at that one.

minnesotafreeze
08-09-2008, 12:43 AM
The POTC music,:mickey:

JasonH
08-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I've held off on posting to this question, mostly b/c I have a pretty vast music collection that I've gotten over the Ears:mickey:. My collection may not be as big as some but definitely more than most that I know, including a lot of the older attractions/music loops. I'll try and name the more top ones of mine at each park.

MK - Anything HM, Tomorrowland in general, Peter Pan queue, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, PoTC, Wishes, Spectromagic.

Epcot - Spaceship Earth(up until the latest refurb, I'll see if I still consider it tops after my trip in Nov.-Dec.), anything Horizons, anything WoM, the original JII, the original Living Seas queue, anything involving The Land old and new, FW in general old and new which includes Communicore/Innoventions, Capt. EO, True Colors pre-show, UofE old and new, Norway's Stav Church, Golden Dreams old and new, Japan in general, Impressions De France, Illuminations old, new, pre-show and post-show.:D

DHS - Anything Muppet, anything Star Tours, anything Indiana Jones, Animation Courtyard, anything ToT, Four For A Dollar aka Return2Zero, Fantasmic! from pre-show, during, and post-show.

AK - Tarzan Rocks!, Dinoland USA, Dinosaur, the song used during Kil. Safaris on the "radio", anything It's Tough To Be A Bug, Festival Of The Lion King.

Now of course I have many many more available, but these have to be the tops out of all of it.:thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
08-09-2008, 08:50 PM
I love all the music at WDW, but I especially love the Main St. Electrical Parade theme, "Grim Grinning Ghosts", the old Epcot theme played when you first walked in, "One Little Spark" (original version), and the music played in It's A Small World in the Australia/Polynesia scetion.

ryca1dreams
08-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Someone here said it best that they couldn't imagine a silent Disney World. Every song, every background music really does have a piece and is carefully chosen. I love listening to the music.

My favorites are:
- Space Mountain star tunnel (of course)
- Main Street loop

I'm sure there are others, but I have to go back to hear them all!!!

DisneyorBust
08-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I have many favorites:
MK-- Main Street bgm, Dapper Dans,
Adventureland bgm, POTC, HM,
entrance to Space Mtn.
DHS-- 1930-40'S swing music
Epcot--bgm in Germany, Norway, UK etc, love the drums in Japan too
Animal Kingdom--the bgm in Harambe
Plenty more in the various parades and fireworks shows.
As a POLY fan, I really love the bgm you hear around the resort and in the pool!

big blue and hairy
08-10-2008, 05:09 PM
My faves would start with the pre-Illuminations music, then Illuminations and contiunue through the Tapestry of Nations music that usually plays after Illuminations.

:sulley:

CaptainDisney
08-10-2008, 06:01 PM
My all-time favorite park music is an old background track song called "Behind the Waterfall" by Paul Speer. It played in Tomorrowland for many years. If you listen to the preview on iTunes, I'm sure many of you will recognize it.

It is hard to imagine the parks without music, but it's also hard to imagine the music playing without the people! That Epcot entrance music that we all love so much plays ALL NIGHT! When closing the Epcot monorail station last year and waiting for a coordinator to pick me up (1 AM), I noticed the music plays even when no one is there. And it is much louder than it seems during the day!

BandMan
08-11-2008, 11:17 AM
...and the music played in It's A Small World in the Australia/Polynesia scetion

...Uh...isn't that called "It's a Small World"?

brownie
08-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I like a lot of the music, but Illuminations is my favorite.