PDA

View Full Version : Is this too late?

sillydisneymommy
07-28-2008, 04:59 PM
My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary on Aug. 8! :party: However, because we just moved to a new house with lots of expenses, and because we have our annual WDW trip in Sept., AND because we just found out that we are pregnant with #3!!!:cloud9:, we have decided not to do much more than a dinner for our anniversary for financial reasons. My question is this: Do you all think that doing something to celebrate our anniversary one month later while we are at WDW is too far away from the actual anniversary date? I'm afraid that if we try to plan something special, one of my family members will act like we are being ridiculous and self-absorbed because the anniversary will be over....thoughts? I appreciate your opinions, thanks!

kakn7294
07-28-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't think so at all! You can look upon it as a celebration of a number of special events, the new house, the anniversary, and the new baby. Congrats on all 3!

gamblefamily5
07-28-2008, 05:35 PM
I think you should have fun and not worry about what anyone else thinks! Have a great time!:party:

sillydisneymommy
07-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Thank you for the congrats and the advice! I'm glad to hear that you think we should celebrate - and you're right - we have a LOT to celebrate!:party::party::party: Thanks again, I love coming here for Disney opinions!

Figment104
07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't worry about it at all. People celebrate special occasions at different time all the time. In fact we're going down in Oct for what we're calling our anniversary trip even though our 1st anniversary was June 16th. Due to money, schedules and just wanting to go at a time it's not so hot is why we've choosen to do this. We didn't get each other any fancy gift, just went out for a nice dinner on our anniversary since this is what we're doing for it. I don't care if people think it's crazy, this is what we want to do for our anniversary and this is when we can do it. So after my long spiel I'll sum up and say go for it. As PP mentioned you really do have a lot to celebrate so don't let anyone tell you differently or make you feel bad about celebrating when you want and are able to. :party:

Faver
07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the thread, I had the same question, we'll be celebrating late as well, in December.