PDA

View Full Version : Some movies on DVD that I can't find.

disneycutie165
07-28-2008, 04:17 PM
As we are upgrading our VHS collection to DVD, there are a few we cannot find. Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Lady and the Tramp, Bambi, Lion King, and Pinnochio. we are a part of the Disney movie club, but those are the ones we cannot find. They aren't in stores any where around our area, so can someone suggest an way we can find them?

brewcrew26
07-28-2008, 04:44 PM
We belong to the Disney Movie Club and just picked up Bambi within the past year. I don't know if it's still available, though. Now that we're past the buy six DVDs and the intro price thing, we've found a lot of other DVDs that we couldn't get before.

If you don't mind buying used, you might want to try a place like Half Price Books or a used video game store (I can't think of the place I go to, but they sell used DVDs, too). We've also had luck at Hollywood Video and Blockbuster filling our collection.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
07-28-2008, 04:46 PM
They are in the "Disney Vault". Your best bet would be to try ebay but expect to pay a bit more than list price due to their lack of availability elsewhere.

TiggeRia
07-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Be careful if you purchase from ebay because many of the listed movies are pirated versions, not the original by Disney. You can usually tell by subtle differences in the artwork on the cover of the DVD.

J9
07-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Try half.com or the Amazon marketplace. They usually have them available new or used, and they will refund you if it turns out to be a pirated version!

IamBelle
07-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I have heard Sleeping Beauty is coming out w/ a platinum edition around Oct.
As for the others, I suggest EBAY, I got my Beauty and the Beast special edition dvd there, and I have also seen many other disney classics being sold.

PirateLover
07-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I definitely got a pirated copy of Beauty and the Beast from Amazon once. It was supposedly a "Canadian" version (which was NOT how it was advertised) and after posting on here I was able to find out it was a fake. I also had to get Snow White that way and something seems off about the cover art. I would first try your local video store (like Blockbuster). Sometimes they will sell their old used copies.