PDA

View Full Version : Por Favor Mantenganse Alejado Des Las Puertas

jonahbear2006
07-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know the actual french spiel of the Monorail. I don't want a translated version. I want the original Disney Monorail Phrase. If anyone knows. I will be forever grateful for you sharing this bit of information with me.

DizneyRox
07-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Is there a french spiel?

Aggie97
07-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm not aware of a French spiel, but the Spanish spiel is as follows (reading off the WDW monorail T-shirt I am wearing right now!):

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

The bolded, underlined "e" is accented. :mickey:

Minnie Imagineer
07-29-2008, 07:27 AM
I don't know exactly what the script is, but

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas (spanish) is actually "please move to the side of the doors"

french is: s'il vous plaît la position éclaircit des portes

Mousemates
07-29-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm not aware of a French spiel, but the Spanish spiel is as follows (reading off the WDW monorail T-shirt I am wearing right now!):

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

The bolded, underlined "e" is accented. :mickey:

my DW has and loves her monorail shirt too.

jonahbear2006
07-30-2008, 02:01 PM
yeh i noticed that and we have the spanish shirt for it but I was notified the other day by a fluent spanish that mantenganse is the correct spelling. I also found that french version, and a fluent french told me that was incorrect. hmmm. very confused.

Aggie97
07-30-2008, 02:27 PM
My Spanish is pretty rusty, but I believe that mantengase is imperative singular, while mantenganse is imperative plural. I think if you used mantenganse, then you would have to use alejados rather than alejado, as well? I'm not sure about any of this, though.... :mickey:

jonahbear2006
07-31-2008, 07:39 PM
i dont know but the french is not correct. that is a translation and since you lose something in translation, it isn't correct. I have been told Mantenganse is correct though.

dreaming of wdw
07-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Where can I get one of these shirts for my DBF during my next trip? He loves the monorail spiel!

hokies4life
07-31-2008, 09:46 PM
I didn't know they had shirts! I want one! :shop:

And I believe if you listen carefully to the speil you can hear the "n" in "mantenganse". At least thats what I remember. I believe it should be plural because the subject would be a "you all" form which is plural. Whether or not they say "alejados" or "alejado", I'm not sure.

:chipdale:

WDWFanatic
07-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Where can I get one of these shirts for my DBF during my next trip? He loves the monorail spiel!

I saw one on a website, I'm not sure if I can post the name, you can PM if you'd like it. I found it doing a good search for wdw monorail spiel t-shirt. I looked kind of homemade.

It would be cool if Disney put one on.

disneygeek84
07-31-2008, 11:25 PM
My sister got me one for Christmas last year and got it from the CR giftshop. That was the only place that she could find them, so I'm not sure if they would be anywhere else, but she said she looked everywhere and could only find it there.

Minnie Imagineer
08-01-2008, 09:26 AM
I got my shirt in the GF giftshop, also saw it in Poly so its probably everywhere including the parks.

Aggie97
08-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I got my shirt at the Polynesian gift shop but saw it at the GF and Contemporary shops as well.

Last month, I noticed that the shirt now was available in the MK, at the Clothiers on Main Street USA. It was in the section of the shop with mostly men's clothing, in the back toward Casey's Corner. It is a light gray T-shirt with orange and white screen printing -- sort of vintage-y looking. :mickey:

dreaming of wdw
08-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup:

tink2006
08-01-2008, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=Minnie Imagineer;1700604]

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas (spanish) is actually "please move to the side of the doors"

Actually it would be "please stay away from the doors". :)

move to the side.... would be "muevase al lado de las puertas" :)

tinkerbelle75
08-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Got the shirt at Mousegear in Epcot!

luvdiznee
08-02-2008, 08:50 AM
I thought it was for , "please stand clear of the doors". :confused::mickey:

DisneyDaughter
08-03-2008, 11:39 AM
this must be a part of some sort of disney sub cult or something:haha: my DD has it as his ringtone. lol

Alligirl
08-04-2008, 02:12 AM
this must be a part of some sort of disney sub cult or something:haha: my DD has it as his ringtone. lol

Wow! I would love that!! :thumbsup::D