PDA

View Full Version : What is Banned?

Faver
07-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi
I've seen banned under some names.... Does it mean what I think it means? No Intercot, ever again!

Please let me know how someone can get banned.... I never want to be.... BANNED

Thanks

Figment!
07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
The term "Banned" appears under a Username when INTERCOT Management has locked the Guest's message board account.

Accounts are generally locked for one of two reasons:

1) Severe and/or repeated violation of the INTERCOT Terms of Service (http://www.intercot.com/disclaimer/boards.asp) .

2) Violation of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act by opening message board account while under the age of 13.

In the case of the latter, Guests may re-join or ask to have their account unlocked once they are of legal age.

In the case of the former, INTERCOT Management typically reserves locking an account as a final measure for Guests who violate the Terms of Service. First and mild violations are typically only met with a friendly warning.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-28-2008, 03:38 PM
I for one appreciate what the Intercot Staff does to make sure this remains a family friendly site, sometimes my 14 year old reads posts with me....I saw a couple of posts from individuals before they were banned and completely understand why it happened....Thanks for the great job you do!

Faver
07-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks Figment.....It must be a tough job to keep up with all these posts, and I too, appreciate the family friendly nature of this site. I'm glad you guys are keeping it clean and safe for everyone.

It's really to bad, when that nature is abused. This site is a fantastic resource for information, vacation planning and just plain fun.

Thanks again, and have a magical day:mickey:

SgtTigger
07-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Just another reason why......:rocks:

:cop: :tigger:

Mousemates
08-07-2008, 11:27 PM
count me among the "glad you guys take the time to monitor" crew....and for also going the extra mile to soften some "discussions" before they overheat...you do a great job.

kemps@wdw
08-10-2008, 10:23 PM
I agree...:rocks: !!! I can't remember ever seeing a "banned" name (maybe I just don't know where to look) So, I'm guessin someone is doing their job correctly! :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 10:08 AM
I saw one within the last 2 months and I read his posts before the moderators got a chance to delete them, believe me it was deserved

Vito
08-12-2008, 02:13 AM
Don't forget that you can also help the mods with their job - if you see a post that blatantly violates Intercot's terms, click on the "report post" icon that's near the top right side of the post (the little white trangle with the red outline and the exclamation point). You can then send a message to the moderators to take a look at that post.