PDA

View Full Version : Kids Pick & DDP

LeeAnn
07-28-2008, 09:35 AM
An example of a Kids' Picks is Chicken Nuggets served with choice of two side items: grapes, carrot sticks, or applesauce and choice of beverage: 1% milk, apple juice, or small bottled water.

French fries and soda available upon request.

My Qs:
On DDP, do they get a dessert (like cookie or ice cream)? Or is the applesause considered the dessert?

Also, if you request French Fries, is that in place of 1 side item or both side items?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-28-2008, 10:26 AM
This was actually one of the disappointing parts of the meals for my DD.

There are two "types" of kids meals at Disney. The first, is served at CS places, and available at TS places has all "3" courses together. In your question, yes, the nuggets, applesauce and grapes/carrots go together and make a full meal.

If you would rather have fries and a pop (soda), you would "loose" one of the other options, or have to buy them separately.

Further complicating the whole thing is that at TS places, there is often a number of the "complete" meals, along with a couple of "regular" meals, where the kids get to choose a starter (usually veggies or soup), a meal and a dessert (usually cookies or ice cream).

Hope this help a bit!:mickey:

LeeAnn
07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks.

If we opt for fries, is it in place of 1 side or 2 sides (Carrot/Grapes)?

Kidsmom
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
If I remember correctly it is one side. My kids usually had main meal (chicken/hotdog), grapes, fries and cookie for dessert at CS.

I could be wrong and I am sure someone who has done it more recently will correct me.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Really? They must have changed it.

When I was working QSR at Pop, it was the main meal, 2 sides and a drink. One of the sides could have been a dessert.

The two sides could be chosen from fries, carrots, applesauce, grapes, pudding, jello, or a cookie. If you got fries and grapes, grapes were the dessert. They were a healthy option. If you got carrots and a cookie, the cookie was the dessert.

Young@Heart
07-30-2008, 12:13 AM
That's odd. When we went in June 2006 on the DDP, DS was still 9 and on the kids plan. I clearly remember him getting a "Kids pick" meal and desert at each of the CS places we went. :confused: