PDA

View Full Version : What ride would you like to see?

GhostHost999
07-28-2008, 12:43 AM
If you could design or create a new ride for WDW what would it be?

There's only one rule here...you can't bring back a ride from the dead.

So no Horizons or Mr. Toad.

Aside from that...anything goes. Whaere would you put it? What kind of ride is it? What movie does it tie into?

MIne?

How about a Godzilla ride at the Japan pavilion @ Epcot? Similar to the king kong ride at universal, but with (let's face it) a much cooler monster and on a bigger scale.

jenny1976
07-28-2008, 08:18 AM
I would put a ride tied in with Mary Poppins in Fantasy Land. It would be a ride where one would be taken into the "Supercallifragistic" scene and be able to experience dancing with cartoons, becoming small...having things not be what they seem. Oh, and of course fly with the umbrella and go into the sidewalk painting. Also, I would do a tarzan ride where you coud swing in the vines and experience various scenes in the movie.
That's my 2 cents....

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-28-2008, 09:18 AM
The Mary Poppins idea is a good one.....so would an Alice in Wonderland one....

Urbss
07-28-2008, 09:35 AM
I always thought it would be cool to have a roller coaster style ride that used the doors from Monsters Inc. That whole scene with all the doors flying around on tracks and stuff was really cool in the movie, I imagine a ride like that with all the doors going everywhere would be really nuts!!!

PittFan
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
I'd love to see a Roller Coaster based on the movie CARS. It would be a perfect addition to DHS. :mickey:

AmandaChan
07-28-2008, 10:00 AM
On The Little Mermaid DVD they have a animated version of a ride that they had kind of tossed around the idea about. It's kind of like Peter Pan's Flight but you go 'underwater' and above water to see Ariel and Eric kissing and stuff. The idea of it seems so amazing and I wish they would make at least one Little Mermaid ride. Ariel's Grotto does not count and neither does Little Mermaid's voyage because I hear they're getting rid of it soon. :mickey:

MushuGrl
07-28-2008, 11:04 AM
I was thinking the whole time I was watching WALL*E that it would be WAY cool to make some sort of ride surrounding the Axium spaceship. Get in the little hovercrafts and ride through the ship. And it would fit RIGHT in at EPCOT's Future World.

bruin1344
07-28-2008, 01:09 PM
I'd love to see a Roller Coaster based on the movie CARS. It would be a perfect addition to DHS. :mickey:

good idea

rollercoaster or dark ride revolve around national treasure

BritCody
07-28-2008, 01:51 PM
I have always wanted a Beauty and the Beast dark ride.

Mousemates
07-28-2008, 02:08 PM
I'd like a dark/thrill ride based on either Beauty and the Beast or Lion King.

jszczur5
07-30-2008, 06:25 PM
I always thought it would be cool to have a roller coaster style ride that used the doors from Monsters Inc. That whole scene with all the doors flying around on tracks and stuff was really cool in the movie, I imagine a ride like that with all the doors going everywhere would be really nuts!!!

Ditto here!!! It would have to be really intense though, not a mild flight like Peter Pan.

WDWFREAK101
07-30-2008, 11:03 PM
How about an Indiana Jones coaster? A mine cart coaster from Temple Of Doom. Ever since I saw that movie in theatres, I always thought it could be a GREAT coaster. Disneyland has an Indy attraction, why can't we have one?

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Hop on a magic carpet and have an Aladdin themed ride similar to Peter Pan's Flight but with "today's technology" involved.

And I'm all for an Alice ride too...through Wonderland.

Chris :hatter:

Rhetoric2000
07-31-2008, 06:15 AM
I've said before and I'll say again: rides based on classic or older movies are the way to go from both and experience and a business point of view (lots more likely to flog DVDs when most kids don't already have them).

I'd suggest:

- Combination water-air ride based on Rescuers, semi thrill ride (MK).
- Dark ride based around Fantasia (DHS).
- ANY attaction based on the criminally underrepresented Jungle Book.

I'd stear clear of any more Pixar related attractions for now, though make sure that those charaters were represented in the parks by meet-and-greets etc.

Rayles
07-31-2008, 07:22 AM
I would like to see a Mary Poppins ride as well

coliemouse
07-31-2008, 07:40 AM
I think it would be really neat to have a thrill ride similar to the idea behind Philharmagic -- so, it would go through the famous Disney movies -- almost as if they made Fantasmic into a ride.

I also think having another Disney-movie themed ride in AK would be nice. Not sure what they would do exactly but something less intense than Everest but more intense than the safari :mickey:

dixielandings
07-31-2008, 11:23 AM
I always thought a flying bed ride based on Bedknobs and Broomsticks would be cool - they could put it in the UK at Epcot (like, Soarin' Over the English Countryside, but on a 4-poster instead of a hang-glider).

Also, I think the Grand Prix raceway could use a SERIOUS update and Cars provides the perfect opportunity for that! HELLO!

bertasso59
08-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I would love to see Tom Sawyer island moved to the old Discovery Island in FW and that space used to make a villian themed land,maybe called Skull Rock.With a nice Malificent themed rollercoaster:malef:,and an Oogie Boogie spinning ride :jack:and a villian character restaurant called "The Rusty Nail'.
WIth HM as a backdrop,this would be a great place for the villians to hang out.
:spy:

Daddy Mouse
08-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm going with the unrealistic: A combination of a slow moving ride that highlights the sights, sounds, and smells of each Park. Once leaving each park it would go to a highspeed coaster with twists, turns, and spins until it reaches another Park. :twocents:

AdventurerKim
08-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I would like to see an Incredibles ride or 3D show. Or even a Pixar ride merging the characters from the movies. Also, a Ratatouille themed restaurant would be fun! :thumbsup:

Mickey91
08-02-2008, 10:55 PM
A secret lab coaster from Emporer's New Groove:thumbsup:

GoBlueLacheta
08-06-2008, 10:03 PM
A Lester's Opossum Pals Attraction

DNS
08-07-2008, 10:39 AM
A dark ride - The Jungle Book

MickeyMousse
08-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I totally agree with previous psoters on the Monsters Inc. Door Ride!!!

They could change it up on each ride, going thru a new door and leading you to a different place/story.

We've been dreaming of this ride since the movie came out!! I think WDW is missing out on a huge concept here and the chances on it being a very popular attraction!:sulley:

texasteacher
08-07-2008, 11:09 AM
How about an Indiana Jones coaster? A mine cart coaster from Temple Of Doom. Ever since I saw that movie in theatres, I always thought it could be a GREAT coaster. Disneyland has an Indy attraction, why can't we have one?

I agree that we need the Indy ride at WDW!

KAJUNKING
08-07-2008, 11:31 AM
rollercoaster or dark ride revolve around national treasure

i really like this idea:thumbsup:

slegrant
08-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I think a jungle book ride in Ak would be fantastic, it could be a dark ride or could be a high speed rollar coaster through temples , thick jungle and skimming across a river trying to escape the clutches of sher-khan.
As far as the Magic kingdom goes I agree with the Mary Poppins idea, that could be great.
I also like the idea of a Bedknobs and broomstick ride in Epcot. Last but not least the idea of moving Tom Sawyer's island and making that a villians island would also be very cool:mickey:

Villains0501
08-15-2008, 02:58 PM
a rehab of Philarmagic adding Hunchback stuff and villains!!!!!!!!!!! lots of villains!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe there could be an informational movie bout pin trading history or something that uses pins.

drice
08-18-2008, 10:18 AM
I was excited to see this post. I wrote a ride suggestion and sent it to Disney in the early 90's, got it back ofcourse saying they don't accept unsolicited suggestions. Its over 30 pages long and was what I believe to be the next logical ride after I went on Star Tours.

A number of years ago I was talking to someone on a forum about the ride and he said it sounded a lot like the plans for Mission Space. I found that description online at that time but since can't find it anymore.

Anyway, it was a LOT like my idea. It didn't really surprise me that they had plans like that, it seemed like the next logical thing to do.

But here is the truth, and I hate to offend any Mission Space die-hards but to me that ride is a lot of fanfare around a pretty lame ride. You look through a small window while getting spun around (though I only go on the green one, can't handle that!)

So as I said my "ride idea" is over 30 pages long so I can't share it here. I have it documented well and I would really love to get some feedback on it, its over 15 years old and it needs some help. If you are interested please shoot me a private message and I will give you the ride that I named back then "A trip through the galaxy".

P.S. If you want to see the Soarin, Illuminations and Mexico re-creations we did on July 4th just go to youtube and use the keyword of Minicot

maxrebo77
08-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Got to design a ride in an Imagineering class at the Disney Institute. I still think today that it appeared at another theme park. should have never signed that form,:D
Anyway, right now I am thinking that the Jungle Book idea is right on.
Maybe Hunchback or Bedknobs as a Peter Pan type ride.
Also Evinrude from Rescueres is kind of a good pixie-like character to have buzzing in and out of ride scenes.

oliver&bianca
08-18-2008, 12:54 PM
For years, I thought that a ride based on the Rescuers would be neat. A fast-paced thrill ride through the swamp and down into the cave would be a lot of fun. Obviously it should be placed at MK.