PDA

View Full Version : where to dine

disneylinda
07-27-2008, 05:58 PM
So far DH & I have dining reservations at Chefs de France and California Grill. Other places we are thinking about are Flying Fish, Coral Reef, the new Japanese Restaurant in Epcot. :eat:

Does anyone have any other suggestions on places to eat - maybe someplace in Downtown Disney or Jiko?:joy::joy::joy:
Would love to everyone's opinions :mickey:

SBETigg
07-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm not a big fan of Downtown Disney, but if you're there and looking for a decent choice, I like Raglan Road. The Wolfgang Puck Dining Room, which I haven't tried yet, also gets great reviews.

Some of the best dining is at resorts. I like Narcoossee's and the GF Cafe at the Grand Floridian, and I am looking forward to trying Citricos. Jiko would be a good choice, too. I love spending time at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. A lot of people also love Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.

disneylovinmom
07-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Wolfgang Puck's at DTD is very good. It is a little different than most of the typical places. There will be something on the menu that will please everyone. I am talking about the sit down restaurant, not the express. I have not eaten at the express counter service location.:mickey:

BoricuaBell
07-27-2008, 08:10 PM
For breakfast, I loved the Playhouse Disney's Play & Dine. For kids, the characters are the sweetest! For lunch and/or dinner, I am booked for several old and new this year:

1. Yak & Yeti Rest. @ AK is new.
2. Le Cellier @ Epcot (Canada) is super hard to get into, so this is the 1st time I'm trying it. They say it's superb.
3. Hollywood Brown Derby @ HS is a 1st for me this time too.
4. Liberty Tree Tavern @ MK is a MUST! It's character dining, but the food is...OMG!
5. Les Chefs de France @ Epcot.
6. Boma's @ AK is soooo good.
7. Coral Reef @ Epcot is great too.
8. 50's Prime Time @ HS is one of my favs.
9. San Angel Inn @ Epcot - never been, and even though I eat mexican all the time @ home, I gotta try this!

Hope I gave you a few you'd like to try like me. I spent weeks researching them before reserving.

GhostHost999
07-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Here are a few of my faves...these are in no particular order...

1) Ohana - Located at the polynesian...it's all you can eat for a decent price...it's sort of modeled like a brazilian steak house, as they bring the different meats around to your table.

2) Le Cellier - a nice quiet place located in Canada's pavilion at Epcot. Really good food...try the cheddar cheese soup.

3) Coral Reef - Living Seas @ Epcot...How can you beat eating while looking out on a giant aquarium? Plus the lobster bisque is awesome.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-28-2008, 10:16 AM
How about Raglan Road at DTD:)

Mackflava99
07-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Wolfgang Puck's at DTD is very good

I actually love spoodles ( near flying fish)

Artisits Point is great-

We went to Coral reef 4 weeks ago and it was very good- though my wife got a bad piece of meat- the chef came bye and apoligized and replaced it-

Alot depends n where you will be abd who is with you- but there are alot of terrific places in WDW-

maxrebo77
07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
I would say Jiko. It has a certain quality about it that is nice for a romantic dinner. However if you go to WDW every year, and stop in Japan, they will remember you (and what you drink). the service there is top notch.
I'm traveling alone and meeting family later, so my choices are different.
If you wish to have a nice dinner, and then go to DD, try the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.
May the Mouse be with You
maxrebo77

Crow
07-28-2008, 12:14 PM
of the 3 you are considering, Id go w FF & Japan.
DD Raglan Rd. CS Cookes of Dublin was good.
Im thinking of trying Wolfgang Puck Express.
the cafe I did like several yrs ago but havent been back last few trips
AP at WL is good.
Ill be trying Narcoosees in Sept
CA Grill I liked & am eating at again in Sept

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Raglan Road and Wolfgang Puck Cafe are both good. At Raglan Road I love the It's Not Bleedin Chowder and the Fish n Chips. They have great desserts too. At Wolfgang Puck I haven't tried anything that I didn't like. The pumpkin ravioli is delicious and filling. The have great sushi too. Lots to choose from. Both restaurants are must do on our vacations.