PDA

View Full Version : Observations: Why...

Main Street Jim
07-27-2008, 05:14 PM
1)...is there a *Mexican* dancer in the Polynesia/Hawaii/South Seas room in it's a small world...???? (I rode it last night...I swear to God...she's there in her little foo-foo dress just before the hula girls...)

2)...is my favorite sandwich GONE from Columbia Harbour House....?? (Walking to HM last night, glanced at the menu posted outside, did not see *my* sandwich. Went inside, looked at menu there...sure enough, it's gone. The Starboard Deck sandwich was OUTSTANDING! No longer sold...:()

3)...is the wedding ring gone from the Haunted Mansion exit...??? (I asked a CM last night after riding iyt; his answer was, "It wasn't supposed to be there to begin with..." Granted, it *was* just a small stanchion that had been cut off, but it LOOKED like it belonged there, and had become such a sought-out item by guests and curious observers...)

4)...is there a "little girl" with the Pooh characters in Pooh's Playful Spot...?? Who the heck is she...?? (I'd been wondering this question for quite some time, because it sure as heck wasn't Christopher Robin...I asked the Character Greeter, and she told me "'Darby' from Playhouse Disney...." I said, "Who the heck is 'Darby'?? Where'd she come from...???" Character greeter girl just kind of rolled her eyes at me....)

Wells
07-27-2008, 05:44 PM
1)...is there a *Mexican* dancer in the Polynesia/Hawaii/South Seas room in it's a small world...???? (I rode it last night...I swear to God...she's there in her little foo-foo dress just before the hula girls...)

Everybody needs a vacation........

BelleCiavo
07-27-2008, 06:40 PM
1)
2)...is my favorite sandwich GONE from Columbia Harbour House....?? (Walking to HM last night, glanced at the menu posted outside, did not see *my* sandwich. Went inside, looked at menu there...sure enough, it's gone. The Starboard Deck sandwich was OUTSTANDING! No longer sold...:()

I think they got rid of that and the Panini at PVH so that when I get there for free dining my only CS options will be burgers and fries or really bad pizza. :sick:

jennsky
07-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Here's my observation...remember from the lobby of Tower of Terror, if you looked in the little "elevator directory" box between the two "broken" elevators, some letters had fallen off to spell (correct me if I'm wrong) "evil Tower U R doomed" or something like that. Anyways, when I went in May, I wanted to look at that again, but the cast member said it was gone...

DisneyTwinsMommy
07-27-2008, 07:07 PM
1)
4)...is there a "little girl" with the Pooh characters in Pooh's Playful Spot...?? Who the heck is she...?? (I'd been wondering this question for quite some time, because it sure as heck wasn't Christopher Robin...I asked the Character Greeter, and she told me "'Darby' from Playhouse Disney...." I said, "Who the heck is 'Darby'?? Where'd she come from...???" Character greeter girl just kind of rolled her eyes at me....)

Her name IS Darby and she is a character from the new-ish Playhouse Disney show "My Friends Tigger and Pooh"... It is a very cute show, my kids really love it. They (Darby, Pooh, and Tigger) are "super sleuths" and they solve the problems of the Hundred Acre Wood... you should watch it! :pooh:

dnickels
07-27-2008, 08:46 PM
3)...is the wedding ring gone from the Haunted Mansion exit...??? (I asked a CM last night after riding iyt; his answer was, "It wasn't supposed to be there to begin with..." Granted, it *was* just a small stanchion that had been cut off, but it LOOKED like it belonged there, and had become such a sought-out item by guests and curious observers...)

I remember someone on one of these boards saying that they heard the ring had been paved over or covered. Same thing, that it wasn't really supposed to be there to begin with.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Here's my observation...remember from the lobby of Tower of Terror, if you looked in the little "elevator directory" box between the two "broken" elevators, some letters had fallen off to spell (correct me if I'm wrong) "evil Tower U R doomed" or something like that. Anyways, when I went in May, I wanted to look at that again, but the cast member said it was gone...

That was something a CM there did though. Like the Hidden Mickey on HM. It's not officially supposed to be there. If it had been me, I would have gone and put the letters right back in.

As for the out of place dolls, I agree that everyone needs a vacation.

The sandwich was taken out because they are experimenting with CHH. I asked when I was there because they no longer had the half sandwich and soup combo.

The ring was just something someone made. Like my response to the giant snowglobe that was in the princess room at Emp. Miss Ginger and Miss Laura, the official guides of HM will tell you as well that it's not supposed to be there. But....the bride does now wear a ring so the story is that she took it back when she died.

GrumpyFan
07-27-2008, 11:23 PM
The sandwich was taken out because they are experimenting with CHH. I asked when I was there because they no longer had the half sandwich and soup combo.

It's not just CHH, Pinochio Village Haus removed the Paninis too. The only choices now in MK seem to be Burgers, Chicken fingers and that rotten personal Pizzas! :down: BOOOO!!!

Polynesian Dweller
07-27-2008, 11:47 PM
It's not just CHH, Pinochio Village Haus removed the Paninis too. The only choices now in MK seem to be Burgers, Chicken fingers and that rotten personal Pizzas! :down: BOOOO!!!

Hmm. And chicken wraps, Taco Salad, BBQ Pork Sandwich, Chicken Salad ( all at Pecos Bill), Turkey Bacon wrap, Chicken Caesar Salad( good and large), Club salad, (all at Cosmic Ray's). So there are a few choices at least.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-28-2008, 01:24 AM
And there is a number of salads at Pinocchios, including a delicious Greek salad. There is still the tuna sandwich at CHH, as well as the tomato and hummus, which is my favorite. There is also a salad at CHH, Asian I think.

There is a sandwich and salad bay at Cosmic Rays, and I know they have actual chicken there like drumsticks or breasts.

If you are there when the Noodle Station is open, that gives a whole new group of foods including sushi.

There is of course, Casey's, which has hot dogs.

And, there are all the TS restaurants.

joanna71985
07-28-2008, 07:39 AM

Darby is from a new Playhouse Disney show, My Friends Tigger and Pooh. It has her, Pooh, and Tigger solving mysteries. It is pretty cute. She is either Christopher Robin's friend or cousin.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-28-2008, 09:17 AM
I think they said she was the cousin.

Which reminds me - are you back to being a CA now? I remember you saying you were going back.

Young@Heart
07-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Everybody needs a vacation........

:silly:
That's a very good explanation! :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
07-28-2008, 09:46 AM
1)...is there a *Mexican* dancer in the Polynesia/Hawaii/South Seas room...)
. . . Mexican dolls work cheaper than Hawaiian dolls

2)...is my favorite sandwich GONE from Columbia Harbour House
. . . you didn't eat enough if them

3)...is the wedding ring gone from the Haunted Mansion exit
. . .Hillary wanted it for Bill's nose

4)...is there a "little girl" with the Pooh characters in Pooh's Playful Spot...
. . . Eisner's daughter being groomed to continue the dynasty

joanna71985
07-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I think they said she was the cousin.

Which reminds me - are you back to being a CA now? I remember you saying you were going back.

Yep. I've been mostly at Studios. But I leave in 2.5 weeks.:(

dixielandings
07-29-2008, 10:42 AM
As long as CHH still has clam chowder and fish n chips, I'm happy.

My observation about Pooh's playground is...why is there a playground in the MK? The WHOLE PLACE is a big giant playground! (sigh)

I take the Ferry
07-29-2008, 11:23 AM
1) I've never noticed the Mexican girl. That will give me something to do next time I get dragged on IaSW.

2) WHAT? I'm glad someone clarified that this is not the tuna sandwich (which is my fav), but why are they messing with CHH's menu? And no more 1/2 sand & soup? C'MON!

3) Glad the "ring" is gone. I'm all for people using their imagination, but that was clearly not a ring. My wife wears a size 4 ring, and her rings are larger than the sawed-off pipe that was in the ground at HM.

4) LOL, I was the same way. I was like, "isn't that the character that used to have a little trailer in front of Who Wants to be a Millionare? I guess she's homeless now." I was informed of how wrong I was.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

Main Street Jim
07-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Slater wrote:
I've never noticed the Mexican girl. That will give me something to do next time I get dragged on IaSW.She hasn't always been there. There's two "sets" of hula dancers, four hula girls total. The first hula girl is a single doll, then a set of three just a few feet away. But where the single hula girl was, is now a Mexican doll. My guess is that the single hula doll was having issues, and they just replaced her with whatever other doll was "available" - without changing the doll's costume. <sigh...>

dixielandings wrote:
why is there a playground in the MK? The WHOLE PLACE is a big giant playground!That was my thought; our parks don't NEED a "playground". There should have been SOOOO much more to do with that large piece of real estate back there, and they built.....Pooh (insert another word of your choice...LOL). :D

crazypoohbear
07-30-2008, 09:46 AM
...)

Maybe it's not a Mexican girl, it could be a Samoan girl. They look similar facially, dark skinned, broad round faces.???

Main Street Jim
07-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Maybe it's not a Mexican girl, it could be a Samoan girl. They look similar facially, dark skinned, broad round faces.???But the doll is wearing the Mexican foo-foo dressy-dress, holding a fan and waving it. Sure wish I could post pictures....she's right out of the Mexican fiesta...

Minnie Imagineer
07-30-2008, 10:28 AM

Main Street Jim, I know what your talking about! But, I think she is like a Polynesian woman because when I went to poly, there was an older woman dressed just like her handing out cookies!

I'm going to PM you with a video. If anyone else wants a PM just tell me!
:mickey:

Main Street Jim
07-30-2008, 12:04 PM
That's her ;) She certainly don't look like no Polynesian; she looks Mexican to me...:D

I don't know; maybe I just never noticed her before now, but I could SWEAR that she wasn't there before; it used to be a single hula girl....

Disneytrotters
07-31-2008, 10:35 AM
But the doll is wearing the Mexican foo-foo dressy-dress, holding a fan and waving it. Sure wish I could post pictures....she's right out of the Mexican fiesta...

I always thought that she was a Hawiian princess of some sort. She looks very fancy and regal to me!:blush:

Minnie Imagineer
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM
I always thought that she was a Hawiian princess of some sort. She looks very fancy and regal to me!:blush:

yea, she does have a white fan in her hand, so maybe she is royalty.
:princess:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-31-2008, 10:28 PM
If I'm remembering the Mexican/Hawaiian girl, they did have people dressed in similar attire when I was in Hawaii.
I thought the wedding ring made a cute story. Too bad they got rid of it.