PDA

View Full Version : Oct 21-26 -Dining options - or wine festival

Blueeyes_two
07-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi,
I have been reading the boards, and need some advice. I did not book any dining reservations yet. We are 4 adults in our 30's traveling to Disney fo 5 nights. We were wondering what are the best dining options that you would recomend. what should we not miss. we like to party and love good food.
We will be there during the Wine festival- Where should be on what nights?

We are starting to get excited. :magic:
Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

dixielandings
07-27-2008, 04:20 PM
The possibilities are endless, especially with having no kiddoes with you. I'll throw out my fave recommendations and let others jump in:

California Grill - a bit pricey, for sure, but the best filet mignon I've had, extensive wine list, and unbeatable atmosphere. Make a ressie for at least a half-hour before Wishes! is scheduled to begin, order a glass of wine, and take it out onto the Observation Deck 15 minutes or so before the show starts (they lower the lights inside and pipe in the music but this still isn't nearly as cool as it is watching it outside). One of the most memorable and special experiences I've had at WDW.

For F&W - DH and I love this event!! On one day of your trip, plan to "skip" lunch and/or dinner and just "sample" your way around World Showcase. Be aware: when we did this last year, we replaced only dinner with this plan and made it less than halfway around before we were stuffed! Are you familiar with the Kiosks and how they work?

We will be there just a week or so after you leave - so leave some for us! :thumbsup: Have a great time!

disneymom2000
07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
I would recommend the same as above. You will absolutely love Cali Grill. One of my other favs is if you are planning on visiting the Disney Studios try to hit Prime Time Cafe. You need to make ressies for this place right away if you want to get in but it is a blast because there is a lot of interaction with the wait staff and the customers.

LandFan
07-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Personally, DH and I (mid 30's) like Jiko, Le Cellier and Boma (a buffet, but a great one).

Whatever you choose, I would strongly suggest you make your reservations soon! It is way inside the 180-day window and some of the recommendations listed are really popular!