PDA

View Full Version : How Smart is Fast Pass?

bartman539
07-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Has anyone ever tried this and did it work?

Will a fast pass dispenser dispense me a fast pass for a park admission ticket that wasnt entered at the entance for that day?
Example:
My family and I are anual pass holders. Can I take their three passes with me while they get ready in the room, to Hollywood Studios and get four fast passes for rockin roller coaster while having used only my pass to get into the park? Or do they personally have to use their tickets at the turnstile before it would let me? I could always remove their finger and bring it with me to get me through the turnstile!
:thedolls:

brownie
07-27-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't believe this will work. If it did, you'd be able to use expired and/or tickets with no days left to get fast passes.

gerald72
07-27-2008, 02:59 PM
This won't work. I asked a question similar to this, and the majority said it won't work.
The system knows if that pass was used at the entrance.

WishingStar2006
07-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah, that won't work. We aren't annual passholders but last trip we entered DHS and went to get a fast pass at tower of terror and only one of our passes would produce one...we went to a CM who researched it in a computer and although we had used our cards to gain entrance into the park, it hadn't registered in the computer and therefore would not let us get fastpasses. We had to go to guest relations to get it straightened out...a big pain!

So, bottom line, your ticket must be used to enter the part before you would be able to get a fast pass.

CleveRocks
07-27-2008, 03:24 PM
If you go to a FASTPASS kiosk and insert a park ticket that was not used to gain entry to that park on that day, it'll spit out a piece of paper (an otherwise blank FASTPASS) and in very large block letters it will say something like "NOT A VALID FASTPASS." It is very very large printing, and even a casual glance will tell the CM collecting FPs at the FP return entrance that it can't be used for entry into the FP return queue.

Altair
07-27-2008, 03:36 PM
.we went to a CM who researched it in a computer and although we had used our cards to gain entrance into the park, it hadn't registered in the computer and therefore would not let us get fastpasses.

The same thing happened to us. On entry the ticket was scanned, but no day was removed. So my wife got in for free that morning. We park hopped so it did'nt make a difference to us, but it appears this may happen alot.
The CM just gave us a ticket that allowed us to get Fast Passes.

So the answer to the original question is no, a ticket not used that day cannot get a Fast Pass.:mickey:

GrumpyFan
07-27-2008, 03:36 PM
It won't work. I tried it in June when we were there. We had 5 day passes, then a single ticket with 1 day, and had entered the park with the 5 day pass. I tried to use the ticket with a single day left for the fastpass, and it gave me a slip of paper that said the ticket used must be the same as was used for entry that day. So, while this may have worked in the past, it won't anymore.

Main Street Jim
07-27-2008, 04:53 PM
The correct answer:

FastPass only works with tickets that have been *activated* at the turnstiles *at that park* for the *date* on which you're trying to obtain FastPasses. It reads your park admission media as being activated to validate that that person that owns the ticket is in the park.