PDA

View Full Version : When I'm blue....

Minniefan68
07-27-2008, 12:42 PM
I have A LOT to be thankful for: 4 healthy, beautiful children, a loving, generous, hard-working husband, a nice home in a great neighborhood....but sometimes I get blue, and the things I turn to to cheer me up are always Disney related: the Disney Vacation Planning Video, our Disney photo albums, our camcorder videos, talking with the kids about favorite Disney Memories, visiting Intercot and even going on YOUTUBE to watch videos of the rides.

We have 111 days until our trip to the BCV and I can't wait!! I don't want to wish time away because in 111 days it will be the end of November and cold weather will be here. Plus this is our 3rd trip in 3 years (and these have been week-long trips at BWV or BCV) so I think after this year we will need to take a break (it's a lot of money to fly, stay at a 2 bedroom villa , enter the parks and feed 4 children).

So it's 111 and I really am looking forward to the Magic!

C :mickey:

Young@Heart
07-27-2008, 01:10 PM
I can relate! I love our scrapbooks and videos, and the planning DVD is frequently being watched in our house. :mickey:

We only have 5 more days to go, and I'm hoping they go by slowly. I don't want to rush things now, because then it'll just be over faster.

EpcotChic23
07-27-2008, 01:31 PM
I agree with you. I am going through some issues now and to try to cheer me up I look at pictures from my last trip or just daydream about the world and what I would be doing if I was there right now. It is def my personal therpy:mickey:

slegrant
07-27-2008, 02:09 PM
When my family needs a Disney fix, we will watch the vacation planner or get out the video camera and watch movies from our previous trips. I love that my family loves Disney as much as I do.:mickey:.

tmosier
07-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Glad to hear I'm not alone in turning to all things Disney when I'm feeling blue. Something else I like to do when I'm feeling down is to plan our next Disney trip---- hotel, rough daily schedule, meals, etc. My husband says I need to get a life!

divinedi
07-27-2008, 02:40 PM
My Disney therapy is something that seems to happen spontaneously (sp?). If I'm stressed at work, which happens a lot lately, (other woman that I work with in our 2 woman office is on maternity leave, and I'm doing both of our jobs, probably until January or so, 50+ hours a week. The pay is kind of nice, even though the government takes a lot more of it than it used to, but it is hectic!) or home, and my sub-conscious seems to realize it needs a break, some spot in Disneyworld that I enjoy just seems to pop into my head:cloud9:, I enjoy the memory/fantasy for a few seconds, and I automatically calm down. Am I obsessed, sick, psychotic, anything? or just lucky to have a place that's real and gives me great memories to go to when I need a mental break:blush:!! Whatever, it works and I can continue on with my day. I've hinted to my boss that he's going to owe me a trip to Disney when she comes back(with the system we have on the computer, it would take me longer to train a temp than it would be worth, which is why he hasn't hired extra help), as a thank you for the good work and for me to destress, he hasn't said yes, but he didn't say NO either:D!! I know, dream on:(!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I too find that when I'm stressed it helps to talk about Disney. Like is just less stressful when you are thinking and dreaming about Disney whether it's planning or hoping to plan a trip to Disney. I'll sit down with my 5 y.o. nephew and watch the planning video. But I'm not doing that for my upcoming trip because that sister and nephews aren't able to make it for the upcoming trip and I don't want to make them sad.

Faver
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I always naturally gravitate to my disney music, books, videos... They're just such a sense of joy and relaxation for me.....

I'd rather get my therapy this way, than any other:thumbsup: