PDA

View Full Version : Best Character Meal

mattandmandy
07-26-2008, 05:33 PM
December will be the first trip with our toddlers. DH and I have been to a few different character meals in previous trips. I'm looking for yalls opinion as to the best character meal. DH and I have only ever had character breakfasts and only at the same places multiple times...Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace. Maybe we are missing out? Any new places we should try?

Guya103
07-26-2008, 07:06 PM
The two you named our are favorites and we will be dining at both on our upcoming trip in August. We did Hollywood & Vine two years ago and were very disappointed. The food left something to be desired and the restaurant was practically empty (some may like that). We were surprised as it was the middle of July at lunchtime.

I would be curious to hear any other great reviews of other character meals.:mickey:

madi47
07-27-2008, 07:08 AM
the donald breakfast in animal kingdom is one of our favorites. :number1:We usually eat there everytime we go. Though they did just change the location to the Tuskerhouse. We will trying it in 11 days. I heard that the food is the same though.

joanna71985
07-27-2008, 07:43 AM
LTT dinner is so much fun! Too bad it is leaving in Jan.:(

I just tried 1900 Park Fare dinner recently. There isn't much in the way of food (but what is there, is really good). But the interaction is awsome! I spent the whole meal laughing.

CP dinner is great! I love the menu.

jrpersinger
07-27-2008, 09:50 AM
1900 Park Fair breakfast. It was great, loved the Mad Hatter! It is now the top choice of our entire family.

Ohanas. We have found that the character interaction can be touch and go. We had two different Stitches on our breakfast in June. The first one was not so Stitch like. I was alittle bummed because I bragged about this one to my friend about how great it was before. Our friends were looking at us like we we were crazy for recommeding it. But luckly, Stitch took a "break" and came back out in all of his insane glory! His vibe changed the entire vibe of the meal. I have heard alotof people complain about the food, esp the eggs being to running. But we love their food. The eggs aren't so much runny as they are creamy because of the cream they make them with. With that, I can't say we have ever been disappointed and it still remains a every trip meal for us.

Hollywood and Vine. Food wise, Lunch sucked, will never ever do it again! Breakfast was great. Our kids love the characters there.

If you have girls, the Cinderellas Royal Table is a must, atleast once. But probably not twice!

I personally loved Donalds Safari at Tusker House. I loved the different foods on the bar. It was not the same thing over and over. But it did have your normal stuff too.

We all love LTT. And we do it every trip. Its not our favorite, but its more of a tradition. I am sad to see it leaving.

Wishmaker
07-27-2008, 10:13 AM
My choice is the 1900 Park Fare in the AM. Alice and the Madhatter ROCK!

DisneyBabies
07-27-2008, 01:06 PM
My DH and I like the Character Breakfast at Beach Club resort. It isn't as noisy or high energy as some others are, but some children may be better going to a "slower" meal before jumping in with both feet at the others. If this is their first visit and you don't know how a child will react, I would try Beach Club first.

Minniefan68
07-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Which meal is 'best' depends on which characters your children like and their ages.

We did CP for lunch - our then 2 1/2 year old twin girls LOVED Pooh and Friends. And CP is so pretty and the food selection was great!

Lilo and Stitch at O'hana's was my son's (then 5 1/2) favorite. He had seen all the L an S movies plus watched the cartoon series. The food was delicious and plentiful.

Princess Breakfast at Akershus was really nice last year - twin girls were 3 1/2 and the place was relatively quiet- we saw Belle, Aurora, Mulan, Snow White and Mermaid - awesome for little girls.

Cape May Cafe with Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale was great too. Low key, but great food, really nice wait-staff too. And the characters seemed to suit all ages and genders.

Good luck choosing!!

C :mickey:

BelleCiavo
07-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare with the Wicked Steps is fun filled, especially if you appreciate a little sarcastic humor. :D

rain
07-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Don't know if you have boys or girls and your kids might be too young at this point but without a doubt you need to take them to Cinderella's table at some point. Try for an early ressie and walk down Main Street by yourself. It is an experience everyone needs to have. The princesses were great and the food was actually pretty good...and I am not a breakfast person.

mouseketeer mom
07-27-2008, 08:24 PM
We love Chef Mickeys the best. Crystal Palace is our second favorite, and the Garden Grill for our third. There is something about the set up of the restaurant that makes the character interaction at the Garden Grill seem more private. We love the food there too.

BoricuaBell
07-27-2008, 08:31 PM
I can't recommend the Garden Grill 'cause it will be leaving this year. I love Donald's @ AK, also Chef Mickey and the Crystal Palace, but my favorite last time was Playhouse Disney Play & Dine @ Hollywood Studios. Goliath (from Jojo's circus) was the sweetest character EVER!!! Please try this one for breakfast!

andypooh
07-28-2008, 11:27 PM
how old are your children?

dixielandings
07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
My personal favorite is 'Ohana - the atmosphere there in the morning plus the yummy food would be enough for me. Add the characters and YEA!

I also strongly recommend LibTree - I'm so sad to see this leaving. Take the opportunity to see the fun characters before it goes bye-bye.

Maybe it's because I don't have kids yet, but I've eaten at CRT and I don't see the appeal. There are so many other restaurants w/ great character interaction and yummy food...And yes, the princesses were there. They're just not as much fun as Goofy and Mickey!

nascar#20'sGIRL<3
07-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Well when me and my parental units and our friends went in '01, we went to the Land and had a character breakfast.
i dont know if they still do that but it was really good.:thumbsup:
i'd look into that most definately!!

Wickster1970
07-29-2008, 11:32 PM
When we go in April we plan on going to Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner. I have 2 girls, 9 and 10, and a 7 year old son, so you know they will have a good time. I agree, this is an experience you need to experience have at least once.

I have seen a LOT of favorable reviews for Chef Mickey's. We might find ourselves slipping that one in as well.

mattandmandy
08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Our boys are 2 and 3. I think we will definately continue with Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys and add one of these others too.

Mickey91
08-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Try LTT for dinner! It is our favorite character meal and will be gone in Jan. '09.:(

brownie
08-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Our favorite is Goofy's Beach Bash character breakfast at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. I like the atmosphere, the food has always been good, and I like the arrangement of the buffet (it is laid out in a square.)

yjgirl32
08-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I loved LTT. Very good food, great character interaction, theme was wonderful- very sad to see it go.

Chef Mickey's was good also.

CRT for lunch was very good also. We have a DS3 and he loved it the princesses all treated him like he was a prince- which he was one of like 3 boys in the room. It was great!

Good luck with your decision.