PDA

View Full Version : Rides for teenagers

eeyorelover63
07-26-2008, 03:58 PM
what rides are do teenagers enjoy riding?:goofy:

Minnie Imagineer
07-26-2008, 04:16 PM
EVERYTHING!!!!
well, I don't like coasters and most teens do- I prefer dark rides and classics like IASW, HM, PoC, peter pan, SSE, GMR

Coolwench
07-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Pretty much everything. The thing teens probably won't like though is:

Mickey's Toon Town Fair
Dumbo The Flying Elephant
Carpets Of Aladdin
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Mad Tea Party (maybe, I do see some teens go on there, but not a lot)
Pooh's Playful Spot
Country Bear Jamboree (maybe, I do see some teens go on there, but not a lot)

That's it, I think.

Young@Heart
07-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Pretty much everything. The thing teens probably won't like though is:

Mickey's Toon Town Fair
Dumbo The Flying Elephant
Carpets Of Aladdin
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Mad Tea Party (maybe, I do see some teens go on there, but not a lot)
Pooh's Playful Spot
Country Bear Jamboree (maybe, I do see some teens go on there, but not a lot)

That's it, I think.

My teens (well 1 teen and 1 12years 10months) actually enjoy most of those still. :mickey: They've been going to WDW since they were little and at this point there really isn't anything they don't want to "ride". Of course, you won't hear them begging to go on Dumbo again and again like my 5yo DD does, but they'll enjoy it one time. :thumbsup:
I guess it all depends on the teen. Most love the thrill rides (EE, triple Mt's at MK, ToT, RnRC), but then there are other teens (and adults) that don't want anything to do with them.
The vacation planning DVD has a section where teens (or maybe tweens-hard to tell) go through all the parks and experience some of the more popular "teen" rides. If you have the DVD, check it out! It's actually my DC's favorite part to watch.

SBETigg
07-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Pretty much everything, as others have said. My two rate Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Expedition: Everest, DInosaur, Test Track, Soarin', Rock n Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror at the top of the list. My daughter also loves World Showcase. My son, not so much.

kemps@wdw
07-26-2008, 11:40 PM
There's not many attractions our teenage DD doesn't like. She can skip toontown, :mickey: doesn't much care for Swiss Family treehouse, :pine: passes on Jungle Cruise,:sail: won't bother w/the shows @ DHS (the ones for little tykes),:baby: and finds the Safari :elephant: rather boring (has seen it several times). But most everything else she's game for!:thumbsup:

Vito
07-26-2008, 11:47 PM
I guess I wasn't a typical teen... I was 15 on my long awaited first trip to WDW, and of course I've always loved the "thrill" type rides, but some of my favorites were (and still are) American Adventure, Carousel of Progress, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, World of Motion, Horizions... the AA type shows and omnimover attractions.

So really it's unfair to stereotype and say exactly what types of rides a teenager will like, as much of it depends on what they're interested in.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-28-2008, 09:30 AM
My 14 year old keeps talking about-Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, Rockin Roller Coaster, Big Thunder, and Buzz Lightyear-I would say those are his favorites....he actually does not like Tower of Terror

IamBelle
07-29-2008, 09:00 AM
I still like everything! The only thing I don't go on is Space Mtn, the kid playful spots, RnRC, TOT, or any upside down rollercoaster

synesthesiademo
07-29-2008, 09:24 AM
My sister's 13 and she'll go on pretty much anything! I'm 17, though, and I don't like thrill rides (except for Star Tours). My three favorite rides are actually Journey into Imagination, Haunted Mansion, and the TTA. I guess it just depends on the kind of things you're up for at the time!

Mousemates
07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
I think the answer is "it depends." DS (13) is a thrill junkie and loves the big rides at DS/AK, but enjoys the dark rides too (up to a point)too...DD(15) likes the dark rides and shows, but enjoys the thrill rides to a lesser degree.

So in the end what they will like will depend upon your kids, their love of things disney (if they enjoy the story lines they will like the fantasyland dark rides), and their park expectations upon arriving at WDW.