PDA

View Full Version : Tickets inside Guest Relations? Need Help

RPHX2NC
07-26-2008, 10:52 AM
We have tickets for MNSSHP. After reading posts, I understand that if it is a rainout you may receive vouchers for another party (won't work for our short trip) or single day park vouchers. Ok here is my dilemma.

Not knowing what the weather may be like and always being prepared. I have decided to wait and not purchase our single day tickets until we get there and I can check the weather.

I can pick up the will call MNSSHP at guest relations before entering. Can I purchase single day tickets from inside or outside MK guest relations without having to go to TTC?

DizneyRox
07-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Of course you can, however, the chances of rain cancelling MNSSHP is very rare. They may not run certain events, but a complete rain out would be an extraordinary event.

Goes4FastPass
07-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Have we really heard they give some sort of voucher for a rain-out? Really?

We went early December year before last and the evening we went it rained almost all evening. Not Central Florida afternoon cloudbust then back to normal. This was a slow steady rain all evening.

The parade took place in the rain and the rain let up later and the fireworks proceeded.

If it had been any other night at WDW we would have regrouped and returned another night but we had, of course, hard tickets for MVMCP.

Most MK attractions go on pretty much as usual during the rain.

Do Disney parks ever issue 'rainchecks'... really?

MNNHFLTX
07-27-2008, 01:55 PM
The only time I have heard that WDW gave out rain-checks was when the parks were closed due to a very significant weather event (like a hurricane) and that does not happen very often. You certainly hedge your bets and wait to buy single park tickets when you get there, but chances are that the party will go on as planned, rain or shine. :mickey:

If you decide to go that route, you can purchase tickets at the Guest Relations window to the right of the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. Or if you are staying at one of the WDW resorts, you can purchase them there.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-27-2008, 05:48 PM
If you feel you can't attend an event and enjoy the other components of the party, Disney can issue tickets for another events, and no expiration tickets.

However, the parade will usually go on (although delayed) and the fireworks will usually go on (again, usually delayed). I can say, I've seen some of the best interaction with characters on days when the parades get rained on during events. A lot of people leave and there is no one there, so the characters will ham it up and focus on the ones who are there, including dancing, hugging, playing, chasing, etc. Not always, it depends on the character's mood, but we laughed so hard when the Stepsisters were chasing each other on the sidewalks and playing with a little kid during PPP when it rained.

I'd say bring a poncho and just go for it.