PDA

View Full Version : CR North Garden Wing

eandrsmom
07-26-2008, 09:02 AM
I see that the north garden wing was demolished, and another building is being built in its place. I've even read that it is rumored to be a new DVC property. Has this been officially announced? If so, when will they start selling this property? Does anyone have any idea how much it will cost per point?

stormy57
07-26-2008, 09:15 AM
We just returned from wdw and took a tour at SSR . We are DVC members and we asked this same question and were told that this is only a rumor and DVC does not own it. Not sure if he was just saying because he has to. The new bldng. looks very large and could def. be DVC prop.:secret:

DVC Mike
07-26-2008, 01:03 PM
All the paperwork that has been filed (permits & plans) has been done so by "Disney Vacation Development", so this will be a new DVC resort -- opening around September 1, 2009.

The official name is Disney's Bay Lake Tower.

WishingStar2006
07-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Does that mean sales will begin in September 2009?

DVC Mike
07-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Does that mean sales will begin in September 2009?

Sales will begin way before Sept 2009; probably as early as before the end of this year.

Wells
07-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Although no official announcement has been made regarding the new Bay lake tower as a DVC property, there are reasons to believe that it will be. When the original concept drawings briefly appeared on the architect company website some time ago, it was identified as "the DVC tower at the contemporary” and I believe it was also referred to as a DVC property on some of the early county permit applications. You can never be sure about what Disney is doing until an official announcement is released, but if I were a betting man, my money would be on this being DVC. At any rate, if it is, they won’t be selling any units here until the Animal Kingdom Villas sellout, and you can bet that as the first monorail DVC, it will be very pricey……..

WishingStar2006
07-29-2008, 11:05 AM
what do you think the "pricey" point price will be???