PDA

View Full Version : Tron Legacy (Opens Dec. 17, 2010)

wedway fan
09-11-2007, 12:50 PM
just read on another site about the final stages of development for a new "tron" sequel!

hard to believe it's been 25 years since the original. i was a huge fan of the movie and the old arcade game it spawned. can't wait for this new one!

no word from the article about a timeline.

caryrae
09-11-2007, 01:07 PM
I am surprised there has never been a remake of the Tron movie with how good computer animation these days.

MegaDisney
07-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Attendees at Comic-Con were treated to a teaser trailer for Tron 2.

It apparently has been given the greenlight by Disney. Should be in theatres in 2 years.

Hopefully it will be presented in Disney Digital 3-D!

Tron is one of my favorites and I am looking forward to the sequel.:cloud9:

DizneyFreak2002
07-25-2008, 07:34 PM
It is a go... But not for a year or so...

WDWFREAK101
07-25-2008, 09:02 PM
I attended Comic Con and I am excited for it. It isn't going to be ANYWHERE near good as the first but I think it will be pretty cool!

BedknobsandBroomsticks
03-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I was watching Starman with Jeff Bridges last night and they actually mentioned Tron2. I was so stoked! I thought it was only a rumor but I saw some pre-production video online and it looks awesome. Bridges is on-board and Boxleitner too. Anyone hear or know about David Warner? I would love to see him in the movie, even if it only a bit part. His character was so evil and cool!

NotaGeek
08-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Hey everyone, Disney has the official Tron site up, you can go there and register for updates. You can see the trailer on the Yahoo! site, the Disney site isn't fully functional.

Official Tron Site (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/tron/)
Yahoo! Site (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810096458/info)

Dragongirlx
08-13-2009, 03:34 AM
This looks so cool. I am a total fan of the orginal so can't wait.

NotaGeek
09-07-2009, 12:15 PM
YEA! Disney has announced the official opening date is actually 12/17/2010! It will actually have a competing opening day with The Green Hornet (starring Seth Rogan ) ... its bound to be a super geek weekend movie blow out! :mickey:

TheTexasKid
10-11-2009, 05:22 PM
I wonder if between now and opening day, whether the opening day for one or both films might not be changed, as it is rare for two such big films to open up on the same day, as that would only cut into the box office for one or both films.

NotaGeek
12-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks to Mufasa ... here's the official Tron Legacy Poster ... next year is gonna be a GOOD holiday movie season!

NotaGeek
03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
IMO the best part of Alice in Wonderland was getting to see the new Tron 3D trailer ... WOW! It seriously gave me goosebumps! Check out the Tron Site and watch the new trailer. I can't wait to see this movie!

MegaDisney
03-12-2010, 05:39 PM
OK so I saw the full trailer before Alice and I have to say, this film looks so promising that I cannot wait! I hope the hype doesn't outshine the movie ala Alice in Wonderland.

seanyred
07-23-2010, 06:35 PM
The new trailer came out at comic-con yesterday. After watching it at least 10 times I can't wait for december.

DizneyRox
07-23-2010, 10:17 PM
What's this I hear about going to Brad Bird for script help? It's a little late for that now isn't it?

I'm hoping that's old news...

fupresti
07-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Pixar was consulted regarding tightening of character development prior to scheduled reshoots. This is a good thing.

seanyred
07-23-2010, 11:15 PM
from what I undestand Brad Bird and John L were consulted back in January to give more depth to the characters. They even did some re-shoots. I'd much rather have them use Pixar to get it right. I get the feeling alot is riding on this movie

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
08-09-2010, 04:43 AM
Does anyone know where to find a Tron original arcarde game in working order that I can play? (Don't want to buy one)

:smickey:

DizneyRox
08-09-2010, 07:57 AM
You can check out MAME, which is a project going on a number of years to "save" arcade machines... I'm positive Tron in one of the machines emulated, however the conrols are somewhat unique to Tron so playing at home is a little bit of a chore.

It's a fantastic project, constantly updated...

seanyred
11-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Does anyone know where to find a Tron original arcarde game in working order that I can play? (Don't want to buy one)

:smickey:

a little late...but the last time I was at Disney Quest @ WDW they had a Tron machine. I wonder if they brought them back for ElecTroneca?

so is there anyone else as excited as me for Dec 17th?

seanyred
12-07-2010, 01:02 PM
So early reviews from the UK are mostly positive. Everyone comments on how the special effects and visuals are like nothing that has been seen before. The onky consistent negative comment I read was abou Garret Hedlums acting isn't great. I also have read some really bad reviews but I wonder if those are from people who don't get the concept of the movie. I'm pretty sure I will like it, just wondering if the average movie goer will enjoy it the same.

NotaGeek
12-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I got to see an "exlusive" sneak preview at ElecTRONica this past weekend at Disneyland -- wow. Let me tell you -- I was excited before - now it's crazy. This film is going to be epic -- and DEFINITELY see it in 3D!

NotaGeek
12-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Has anyone seen it yet? :drum:

Laughin' place
12-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Not that I think we should take the critics too seriously but...
Early reviews today (12/17, the day of the premier) arent so good.
Rotten Tomatoes came out 49% fresh, 51% rotten. My hope is that a few of the major critics (like Ebert) gave it a "fresh."
Ill be there this weekend to see it.
Ill be taking back my predictions that this will do Avatar-like numbers:blush:

seanyred
12-17-2010, 10:35 PM
I haven't seen it yet (plan on seeing it on sunday). What I have read so far it seems Tron fans love it. I think if your ready for a fun movie and not overly worried about what the critics say, then I think it will be good. I will give a mini review after Sunday.

seanyred
12-20-2010, 12:15 AM
Saw Tron tonight and as a Tron fan it was everything I expected and more. The story line was good the acting was good and the effects were the best I have ever seen. My only complaint was the editing between scenes was a little chopy. The critics who don't like it don't get it.

Dragongirlx
12-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Saw it on Saturday and I loved it. The details werte fantastic and it looked like the original. It was very very good.

BedknobsandBroomsticks
12-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Anyone else? I was a huge Tron fan since 82 and couldn't wait for this movie. I even had my 3 kids excited for it and they never saw the original but I told them all about it. Took the 3 of them yesterday to see it. It was very good. Not! as good as the original but very good and I think today's kids will like it alot. My 13 year old daughter loved it. I really wished they could have worked even a cameo in for David Warner but sadly no. I also thought they could've CGI'd Bruce Boxleitner more as Tron, like they did with Bridges. The CGI Bridges was really well done and I usually hate CGI characters. Hated Yoda!!!!Bring back the puppet!!!!All in all I had good time seeing it and sat wide eyed remembering how I sat wide eyed as a 12 year old all those years ago. I actually like the original costumes better. Any one else see it yet and have thoughts. Have a good day users!:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
12-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Saw Tron Monday... While it wasn't great, it wasn't terrible.. I enjoyed it... I watched the original Tron before going to see Legacy... Legacy is so much better, by leaps and bounds... With that said, I will be buying Tron Legacy on blu ray as soon as it is available...

Altair
12-26-2010, 10:12 AM
You can see the entire original movie on YouTube.:mickey:

SBETigg
12-26-2010, 02:16 PM
We saw this one on Christmas Eve. If you're going to see it, best to see it in the theatre. The visual effects are good. The action scenes weren't very breathtaking, and the storyline was severely lacking for me. Jeff Bridges was a highlight, of course. I was not a fan of the original, but my husband was. I thought the movie was okay, not really good but definitely watchable without boring me (the original bored me). My husband thought it was good, not great, and on par with the original, though he was probably more impressed back then.

NotaGeek
12-26-2010, 08:09 PM
AMAZING. I loved the use of 3D to add to the story and dimension of the cinematography instead of a gimmick -- fun story line, and although there are some influences from other movies evident, I loved the film. Pay for IMAX -- it was worth it.

RAIDER
12-28-2010, 06:13 AM
Watched Tron just over a week ago on 3d and loved it . Will be buying it for sure when its out on dvd . I loved the ending by the way :thumbsup:

Boost
12-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Saw it three days after it came out...took the kids. Definitely see it in 3D before it leaves theaters, which may be in a few weeks, I hear. I saw it again by myself and want to see it at least once more in 3D on the big screen. The effects are unlike anything I had seen before and again, the fact that it is in 3D makes it even better. The music score is by Daft Punk and it doesn't disappoint. I am hoping for a third Tron movie and also hoping for a Tron-based attraction at WDW. Will definitely be getting it on DVD and will also get the soundtrack. Cannot say enough good things about this movie!!!!:mickey:

seanyred
12-30-2010, 04:32 PM
saw it for a second time this past week. I must say I enjoyed it more the second time. Plus I've been reading Tron:Betrayl and that helps fill in the back story more. I just hope this deamed a success and they make third movie.

Mogie
01-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Tron was awesome. I watched the first movie online the week before, thought it was really dated but interesting. But Tron Legacy was really good. It got a lot of negative reviews but I cant think of too many negatives. Must see in IMAX 3D.

caryrae
01-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I want to see it but my wife has never seen the original but for some reason Disney won't sell it yet and can't find it for rent. There are only a few places to buy the DVD but they are expensive.

Ian
01-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Saw it in 3D IMAX this past weekend and while I found the story and character development a teeny bit lacking, the visuals were so stunning that I really didn't care. ;)

If I can, I'm going to go see it again (maybe take the kids) before it leaves the theater. I have a feeling this is one that really needs to be seen on the big, big screen to fully appreciate it.

Kathy Jetson
01-16-2011, 01:19 AM
I want to see it but my wife has never seen the original but for some reason Disney won't sell it yet and can't find it for rent. There are only a few places to buy the DVD but they are expensive.

I just checked out the original from our library have you tried your local library?:mickey:

caryrae
01-16-2011, 10:39 AM
That's a good idea, we will have to try that.

Altair
01-16-2011, 10:43 AM
The original movie has been pulled off of YouTube.:(

seanyred
02-05-2011, 09:28 AM
April 5th, 2011 Tron Legacy will be released on 3D/2D Blu-Ray. Also there are several different combo packs and two of them include the original Tron on blu-ray as well. If your not interested in the combo packs they will also be selling Tron and Tron Legacy separately. Prices on Amazon range from 16.99 to 69.99. The highest priced combo pack includes 3D/2D/DVD/Digital Copy/Special Edition Original Tron and a collectible Identity Disc.

And on a slightly separate not also on April 5th Daft Punk is releasing a remix CD of the soundtrack...looking forward to that one.

end of line