PDA

View Full Version : How do you cope with withdrawls??

Imagineer1981
07-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Since it's my 1000th post, I thought I'd ask how everyone deals with not being at WDW. For me, Intercot is a great help and live365

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I was driving everyone crazy talking about our upcoming trip....that was in Jan. 07 and we aren't going until Dec. 08...and then I found Intercot.....I have a couple of planning DVDs, three books, Passporter, Complete Guide and the Unofficial Guide.....:blush:

Soul_Power
07-25-2008, 02:33 PM
I agree, Intercot is a great way to deal with WDW withdrawals. You get to share your own experiences with people who actually care to hear it :silly: - being "around" other Disney lovers is very comforting! Another way I cope with WDW withdrawals is to plan another trip! My next trip isn't until December 2009, so I have A LOT of planning ahead of me! Oh, and looking at old pictures/videos is fun, too!
No matter what, though, nothing beats being there! Siiigh.. :mickey:

MushuGrl
07-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Besides Intercot, I also listen to my favorite live365.com shows, Intercot Radio and Mouse Radio. I also invade the Disney Store every chance I get.

DisneyWhirled
07-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Currently in withdrawal.

Intercot helps a lot, and living vicariously through my Intercot friends going to WDW in the near future (I'm jealous! :) ).

It helps me a lot to have a near future trip in the works (6-9 mos), but unfortunately, that is not the case this time. Job and $ uncertainty are holding us back from planning :(

I do have a Disney crusise booked for late '09, though!!

Mandy Mouse
07-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Well I think I beat everyone because I found out as of yesterday that my trip to DW scheduled for September is now cancelled. Thank you bad economy! So now I have no clue when my next trip will be. Until now I never posted anything on intercot I just read everything but I knew you all would feel my sadness. So now I want to hear everyones withdrawl solvers haha!

BMan62
07-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Well I think I beat everyone because I found out as of yesterday that my trip to DW scheduled for September is now cancelled. Thank you bad economy! So now I have no clue when my next trip will be. Until now I never posted anything on intercot I just read everything but I knew you all would feel my sadness. So now I want to hear everyones withdrawl solvers haha!

First off, :welcome: to Intercot!

Next, sorry to hear your bad news, but know that WDW is waiting for you when you next get a chance to visit!

In the interim, there are plenty of new friends for you to commiserate with here!!

goofyfan4466
07-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Currently in withdrawal.

Intercot helps a lot, and living vicariously through my Intercot friends going to WDW in the near future (I'm jealous! :) ).

It helps me a lot to have a near future trip in the works (6-9 mos), but unfortunately, that is not the case this time. Job and $ uncertainty are holding us back from planning :(

did you write you have a disney cruise booked for dec.09 ? 2009 i thought you could not book that far out . thanks

Mandy Mouse
07-25-2008, 03:31 PM
First off, :welcome: to Intercot!

Next, sorry to hear your bad news, but know that WDW is waiting for you when you next get a chance to visit!

In the interim, there are plenty of new friends for you to commiserate with here!!

Thank you!!! You made my frown turn upside-down already!

lightyearfan
07-25-2008, 03:49 PM
first off congrats on your 1000th post:mickey:, now as far as what me and dw do about our WDW withdrawl is watching our previous vacation tapes, pre planning our upcoming trip, and of course Intercot.

Victor

Imagineer1981
07-25-2008, 04:14 PM

I hear ya...my sept trip is now canceled too!!! UGH!!!

Vintage Disney
07-25-2008, 04:23 PM
I read trip reports on Intercot to get me through withdrawals. Vacation Planning and Accomodations are also good topics to read.
I had a serious case of withdrawals after our trip in May!

Coolwench
07-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Since I found Intercot, I am on every day, I also watch Anything Disney I can get my hands on. I look through all my old maps and papers from past trips, my DD finds anything she can on the web and e look at that, too.:::goofy2::goofy:

ParkMan
07-25-2008, 05:09 PM
A few days after we get back, I go through all my "stuff" from Disney - maps, pictures, souvenirs, etc...

I leave my passes in the car (somehow seeing them in the car every so ofter cheers me up).

Then I start looking at Intercot again.

Last year, I ended up buying an AP. Knowing that I had the option to go back into the park anytime I'm in Orlando made it a lot easier. I rarely go to Orlando, but I didn't let that bother me.

robnadina
07-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Actually I sit in the corner shaking and rocking back and forth singing "Its a Small World":thumbsup:
Thankfully, I am in L.A. so DL is an option. But its not the same as WDW. When I am having withdrawls, I go on the WDW website and price different trip scenarios. Its sad, but its how I cope.

mattandmandy
07-26-2008, 04:56 PM
I will admit...unless I am planning a trip I try to stay away from intercot. It makes me sad to read about Disney unless the countdown is on till our next trip (Dec this year!)....so I guess I just avoid it. I do love intercot though and am on here almost every day when planning our trips!!

kbean
07-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Sometimes I get on WDW and book pretend trips, bust out maps of the parks and re-read them, view dvds that i have of every ride in every park, and of course visit Intercot.

#1disneyfan
07-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Well Intercot for starters. Then when I know it will be a while until I can get back, we visit my Mom in Florida. We try to get down there 1-2 times a year. Occasionally we will make a quick trip to WDW to hold us over until our next big family vacation.

Polynesian Dweller
07-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Actually, I never really feel withdrawal symptoms. I guess we've gone enough now that we know that we'll be back. We are usually planning our next trip while still there during the last day or so. Then, back to Intercot and keep track on what's happening and share what we saw on the most recent trip. With Intercot, you're kind of always there.:mickey:

Mousemates
07-26-2008, 10:52 PM
my coping mechanisms are similar....Internet streamed theme park music, intercot, and unofficial guides (we get them about every three years).

DisneyWhirled
07-27-2008, 10:58 PM
did you write you have a disney cruise booked for dec.09 ? 2009 i thought you could not book that far out . thanks

We are booked for a 7-day Western Caribbean Disney Cruise on October 31, 2009. I booked it in Jan '08.

Our fellow Intercotee just booked for the same cruise about 15 minutes ago, and it appears to be pretty full already!!

BoricuaBell
07-28-2008, 10:42 PM
I love Intercot, and also I like to watch Travel Channel's Disney special programs! I always learn something new.

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Currently in withdrawal.

Karen, I'll be calling you quite often while we are there so we can keep your withdrawals in check!!

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM
We are booked for a 7-day Western Caribbean Disney Cruise on October 31, 2009. I booked it in Jan '08.

Our fellow Intercotee just booked for the same cruise about 15 minutes ago, and it appears to be pretty full already!!

I'm so excited, Karen, to join you and John on this cruise. Thanks for thinking of us!:cloud9::mickey:

I deal with this by having another trip booked before I return from the most current trip. Ex. I have a trip in 11 days....everything is done. So, today, I booked a trip for May '09 (hopefully with DisneyWhirled and DWHubby) as well as another vacation with them on the above cruise. Having this to think about makes it a bit easier becuase I already know when I'll be going again.

I also live on Intercot, listen to live 365, and several disney podcasts keep me from losing my mind. Not to mention, the various vacation videos, travel channel specials and just talking about disney with friends!!