PDA

View Full Version : Child swap question??

Kerr0173
07-25-2008, 01:25 PM
DH and I are travelling to the World in Jan with our 4 kids and my mom and stepdad. I know there is a child swap option for the baby when we ride the bigger rides. My question is: Would we be able to swap TWO adults at a time. In other words, can my hubby and I ride first and then take the baby to let my mom and dad ride?? Can you swap out by couple instead of by individual?

Thanks so much, Kerrie:mickey:

Imagineer1981
07-25-2008, 01:27 PM
yep, you sure can. Most attraction will give you a child swap ticket, good for up to 3 people. You take that ticket and go through the FP line (if available).

Ropachs
07-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Glad you asked, we're in the same situation...I just hadn't thought of this scenario yet:mickey:

disney99
07-25-2008, 02:53 PM
So, when its the parents turn that stayed behind with the kids, that parent gets to go through the FP line, is that correct?

chefmickey3
07-25-2008, 03:09 PM
The first group rides with at least one staying behind with the baby, then three people ride with one staying with the baby. So, one person could ride twice in a row. My SIL loved traveling with her nephews for this reason!

BrerSchultzy
07-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Technically, the procedure is different at each ride, but here's how it worked for us (at every ride):

No matter how many adults there were in our party, we would get FPs for all of us at the ride. At the FP time, we would go to the FP line, and say we wanted to baby swap. We would get a baby swap pass (which is essentially a FP for up to three people total) and everybody else would go on the ride. Then, when they came off, I would go on with two other people. Usually we'd still have one more FP (for the person who originally stayed behind with Sam), so we could get a fourth person on with us.

Now, there are technically ways to work the system (not using all the FPs at once, and coming back later to baby-swap again), but it's not in the spirit of the thing.

Either way, Baby Swap is fantastic. Use it. As often as possible. Trust me. We went with our 7 month old, and got on all the big rides at least two or three times.

Kerr0173
07-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the info!

So, should we approach a CM when we get to the ride if we know we need to do a swap? Or, do we wait in line and tell them when we get close to the front of line?

Kerrie:mickey:

Kerr0173
07-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks brerschultzy! That clears it up!

Kerrie

Main Street Jim
07-25-2008, 07:29 PM
That would be a "Parent swap" (or an "adult swap"), not a "child swap" ;)

Like's been said, each attraction is different. For example, at the Tomorrowland Speedway, if a child is not *old enough* to ride (yes, there is a 12-mo-old age requirement; the child needs to be able to sit up on their own), one parent (or set of parents/adults) will ride the first time. When they come back, they'll "parent swap" - the next adult or group - and come in through our Handicapped entrance out front. This procedure is NOT done in our Load area, and as far as I know, not in any other attraction's load area, either. It's always - at least, it SHOULD BE - done out front, and not holding up other guests ;)

Keep in mind that this works at the NON-FastPass attractions (like the Speedway, that has an age requirement just to ride, and a height requirement to RIDE ALONE) as well as the FP ones.