PDA

View Full Version : Funny things you did as a kid

PittFan
07-25-2008, 12:22 PM
As I was getting ready to clean the pool this morning ,for some reason I remembered something funny from my youth. I was 7 my DB was 5 and we wanted to surprise DD by washing the car while he slept in on a Saturday morning. We decided we would wash his new car. We were hard at work when he came outside to see what we were up to,and boy was he SURPRISED... especially when he realized we had used an entire box of TIDE detergent to get the car extra clean for him. I can still picture his face :stop:. Little did we know that TIDE was about as effective on a paintjob as sandpaper !!! :blush: It did get us out of washing the car for a few years though ... :laughing:

WDWFREAK101
07-25-2008, 01:12 PM
I ate toothpaste :ill::sick:

disneymom15
07-25-2008, 03:32 PM
When we were little, my parents took my 3 brothers and me to Disney World. We drove from WI to FL. We got a room for the night in GA at a pretty nice hotel. Now, we have bugs in WI, but nothing like the bugs they have in GA. Well, our room had these big ol nasty looking bugs in it. So my brother and me pinned some signs on our shirts that said, WE HATE BUGS, and went down to the front desk. The employees cracked up laughing when they saw us.

J9
07-25-2008, 03:41 PM
I will probably never live this story down. I probably shouldn't even type it out. But I will anyway!

----------------------------

I was about 3 years old and was in the car with my mom and Nana:

Me: "Nana, hold out your hand!"

Nana: "Why?'

Me: "I have a present for you."

Nana: "A present? What is it?"

Me: "It's a secret! Hold out your hand and I'll give it to you!"

(She does, and I do)

Nana: "What is this?"

Me: "It's a boogie, Nana!!!"

Mom: "JANINE!!!!"

--------------------------

There you have it. The funniest, and most embarrassing thing I can remember doing as a kid. Why I shared this story, I have no idea.

LauraleeH
07-25-2008, 08:20 PM
When my brother and I were younger, we watched Smart Guy on the Disney Channel. One episode was about Lizzie Borden. We had no idea who she was, but on the show, people dressed up in cloaks and pig masks and chased someone around with knives. Well, we got the brilliant idea to make our own pig masks by cutting triangles into a piece of paper for eyes and a nose, and taped the paper to our faces. Then we put hoodies on over us and grabbed spatulas from the kitchen, and snuck up on our parents to try to scare them. They hadn't seen the Smart Guy episode, but they thought it was funny and took pictures.

We've also been known for dressing up and making music videos (Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Aaron Carter...) and, of course, our parents still have the videos for blackmail :thedolls:

MNNHFLTX
07-25-2008, 10:21 PM
I ate baloney and ketchup sandwiches (actually that still sounds pretty good to me). :tasty:

weswerx
07-25-2008, 10:30 PM
:confused:Let's see, funny things I did as a kid...
nope, can't think of a thing...

yeah right:D

There was that one time when I gave my sister a hair cut :thedolls:...but hey, it kept getting in her face :D

IamBelle
07-26-2008, 07:22 AM
When i was little, my sister and i did dance. it was about a week before the big recital, and i decided to give my sister a haircut with paper scissors. I discovered they actually cut hair, so i continued. i gave her a very uneven cut and added botched bangs! my mother came downstairs and freaked out, because for the recital, she had to put her hair in a bun, but it was too short (about bob length) so they went to the dance studio and explained, boy was i embarrassed!!

disneydeb
07-26-2008, 07:53 AM
I was about 3.

My mom served fish and hush puppies for dinner one night.

A couple weeks later I asked my mom when we would have "quiet dogs" for dinner again.

She had to think about it.

And so will you. ;)

Jeri Lynn
07-26-2008, 02:51 PM
We lived behind my grandparents and when my mother would make sloppy joes I would pack my suitcase and run away to my Grandma's house...I hated sloppy joes and still do!

Georgesgirl1
07-26-2008, 05:43 PM
When I was about 3 I asked my grandfather when he was going to have his baby. He immediately went on a diet to get rid of his "baby belly!"

jrkcr
07-27-2008, 02:14 AM
Well, it is important to know that my brother is 3 years older than me-that should explain alot. He teased me constantly when we were kids.
So one day I had had enough! We were outside, and I had a flash of ABSOLUTE BRILLIANCE! :thedolls: We had a wood burning stove in our house, and my dad always dumped the hot coals way out in the back yard(we lived on a farm).
I scooped up two big handfuls of hot coals to throw at my brother!! Well, DUH. I burned the bleep out of my hands. My evil plan did not work!

Lesson learned:
Revenge is a dish best served cold! This has meaning on several levels for me...

ALso,
Every year I went to the state fair with my best friend Renee. Every year we rode the tilt-a-world. Every year I threw up-sometimes on the ride, sometimes immediately after getting off the ride, sometimes all over Renee. :ack:
Why did I continue to ride the tilt-a-world?
And why did she continue to ride it with me????:confused:

DisneyDog
07-31-2008, 01:25 PM
This is my dad's favorite story. I must have been about 5 years old. We went camping and spent the night in my dad's army-issue tent. 3 of us in a very small tent, and we were not the camping type of family. We all went to sleep, and sometime in the middle of the night, my dad heard my mom say "YOU tell your father you want to go home!"

I don't remember much of that scenario...but I do remember stopping for Dunkin Donuts on the way home!

Daddy Mouse
07-31-2008, 03:09 PM
We had just moved to a new house in a small town when one afternoon my mother put me down for a nap. (I had just turned 4) I told her I was going to run away if she did. I snuck out the front door while she was in back doing the laundry. I proceeded to ride my tricycle a mile to my Aunt's house. I must have needed a nap by then because I went to my Aunt's bedroom and fell fast asleep. My aunt didn't know I was there.
At some point my mother called my aunt to get help in finding me. My aunt went to her bedroom to get her purse when she found me. Now, my mother finds the story amusing but back in the day she was upset.

brownie
08-02-2008, 11:47 AM
My mom had African violets that weren't doing well. I decided to feed them plant food while they were out and we had a babysitter, the only issue being I gave all the plant food to one of the plants. I got into a bit of trouble for that, okay a lot of trouble, at least until the plant came back and prospered after that.

Marilyn Michetti
08-02-2008, 01:18 PM
I decided to play hookey from school for three days in a row when I was in the fifth grade. I hid out in a Sunday School room in our church basement. It was musty and cold, and the coal burning furnace would open it's flu at times with a clank that scared the hibbies out of me. I had my lunch, and would go to the kitchen and get grape juice. Nobody was there, and everything was always unlocked. Those were the longest three days of my life:scared:;)

The most terrifying part was having to tell my parents, because we had to have a note to get back into class. My mother wrote that I was sick, and that was the end of it. (She confessed that she had done something similar herself).

amd780
08-03-2008, 11:40 AM
One day when I was about 5, I decided it would be fun to try my hand at face painting. I took my watercolors and painted streaks all over my face. This became a recurring activity for me, and made for some really funny pictures! :D

Diznee4Me
08-03-2008, 03:43 PM
I am sure I did something but I had a cousin that could top anything funny I ever did.

Remember pop top bottles? He would only drink out of the bottle if his dad would pop holes in the bottle cap - like a mini strainer! If you popped the cap off of the bottle - he wouldn't drink out of it.

I would think it would be dirtier to drink soda through the top that actually off the bottle! :D

Aggie97
08-03-2008, 05:14 PM
When my brothers or I were home alone, we were told to never tell anyone who called that our parents were not home and to never open the door for anyone.

My little brother was home alone for a few hours when he was in the 6th grade. During this time, my parents' realtor called. My brother did not recognize her name, so he told her that my mother had been exercising and was in the shower right now. The realtor wanted to bring a gift to the house for my parents, so she told my brother, "That's fine! I'll wait about 30 minutes and then come over."

My brother could not answer the door for this stranger, but he didn't want her to think my mother was rude and had left the house without waiting for her. So he wrote a note to her (signed by our mother) and taped it on the front door. The note said something to the effect that there was an emergency for which our mother had to leave the house -- something about our father having a car accident and being in the hospital.

When the realtor got to the house and saw the note, she was a little puzzled as to why her name was misspelled, and why the note was written in such sloppy little boyish handwriting.

My brother waited until after she was gone (she did not leave the gift), then threw away the note. He didn't say anything about it to my parents when they got home.

Of course the realtor was very concerned about my father's "car accident" and called my mother the next morning to see if he was okay. When my brother got home from school that day, he had a lot of explaining to do.

My parents weren't at all angry -- they thought his solution to a sticky situation was hilarious. :)

SpecJoe Magic
08-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I hated sloppy joes and still do!

I can't help that I'm sloppy. It's just who I am. I'll try to be less sloppy in the future for your sake.;)

I once ate lip balm as a kid because I thought it was candy. I had seen a candy sucker that was contained inside a small tube, so I just assumed that the small tube I had also contained candy. :oops:

tinkerbellybutton
08-05-2008, 01:47 PM
I was about 3.

My mom served fish and hush puppies for dinner one night.

A couple weeks later I asked my mom when we would have "quiet dogs" for dinner again.

She had to think about it.

And so will you. ;)

Oh my goodness, too cute Deb.

Well, I was the youngest out of three and my two cousins (who lived across the street) were also older than me so most of the stupid stuff I did was their idea and I was the guinea pig. I was extremely gullible and the dumbest thing that sticks out in my mind is trying to "fly" with cardboard "wings" that they made. Thank goodness they only had me run down a big hill with them on instead of jumping off of something :D needless to say, cardboard wings do NOT make you fly. ;)

DisneyWhirled
08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
One day when I was about 5, someone in my family told me that I was selling peanuts because the fly on my pants was down.

I informed them that boys sell peanuts and girls have open restaurants. :)

I also made chicken lips for dinner one night at age 3.

PittFan
08-08-2008, 12:54 AM
When I was in 8th grade, I decided it was too nice to spend my afternoon in school, so I decided to play hooky. I had a classmate forge a note from my mom stating that I had a dentists appt. All was well, or so I thought. As I was in the neighborhood pizza shop, spending my afternoon playing Space Invaders and listening to the new STYX album on the jukebox ( isn't it funny how you can remember details after all these years ), I soon got the shock of my life. You can only imagine the look on my face when my mother and youngest brother came walking through the door to pick up the pizza she had ordered !!! :scared:

PittFan
08-10-2008, 07:41 PM
I decided to play hookey from school for three days in a row when I was in the fifth grade. I hid out in a Sunday School room in our church basement. It was musty and cold, and the coal burning furnace would open it's flu at times with a clank that scared the hibbies out of me. I had my lunch, and would go to the kitchen and get grape juice. Nobody was there, and everything was always unlocked. Those were the longest three days of my life:scared:;)

The most terrifying part was having to tell my parents, because we had to have a note to get back into class. My mother wrote that I was sick, and that was the end of it. (She confessed that she had done something similar herself).

When I was in 8th grade, I decided it was too nice to spend my afternoon in school, so I decided to play hooky. I had a classmate forge a note from my mom stating that I had a dentists appt. All was well, or so I thought. As I was in the neighborhood pizza shop, spending my afternoon playing Space Invaders and listening to the new STYX album on the jukebox ( isn't it funny how you can remember details after all these years ), I soon got the shock of my life. You can only imagine the look on my face when my mother and youngest brother came walking through the door to pick up the pizza she had ordered !!! :scared:

:secret: We better make sure our kids don't find these posts ... :blush: