PDA

View Full Version : Disney and Pixar

disneycutie165
07-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I heard a couple years ago that Pixar and Disney Studios were not going to be working together any more. But since then they have done the Incredibles, Ratatoullouie(typo) and Wall-E. Does any one know if they changed that or if they are breaking a part?

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2008, 11:17 AM
:( I hope that's not true...I love the Pixar films

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-25-2008, 12:36 PM
That was when Michael Eisner was in charge.

When Iger took over, they made a new deal with Pixar to continue making films.

CaptainDisney
07-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Well, the game changed completely when Disney bought Pixar. Operationally, they are still two studios (which I think has been good so far), but there has been integration as well. For instance, John Lasseter, the creative genius at Pixar, is now the Chief Creative Officer at Walt Disney Animation and Principle Creative Advisor for WDI. Additionally, Steve Jobs (Apple/Pixar CEO) now sits on TWDC board.

All-in-all, this has been a great business and creative decision. I hope they keep the great flicks coming! :mickey:

DizneyRox
07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Correct, if you can't beat em, buy em!

Disney owns Pixar and all the properties of Pixar.

brownie
07-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Disney bought Pixar in 2006, but Pixar has really stayed its own entity. I believe Cars would have been the final movie under the old relationship between Pixar and Disney.

baldburke
07-25-2008, 10:17 PM
I think a number of people were surprised it wasn't renamed Disney Pixar Studios

Young@Heart
07-26-2008, 07:00 PM
I think a number of people were surprised it wasn't renamed Disney Pixar Studios

I'm happy this isn't the name change they went with, although I must admit, I like to see a little more of Pixar represented at DHS.

I think there are several movies Disney/Pixar movies coming up in the next few years-including some sequels. :thumbsup: