PDA

View Full Version : Early Reservations (Boatwrights)?

fab4nczc
07-24-2008, 09:52 PM
We will be staying at POR in
september 2008 and have made several reservations for character dining but we really don't want to follow a strict itinerary, traveling with a 4 and 1 yr old. Does anyone know if it is recommened that we make a reservation at Boatwrights now or will they accomadate us with a reservation on the same day we want to dine there.:mickey:

RPHX2NC
07-24-2008, 11:02 PM
I would make a reservation now. If you decide you can't make the time then call that day. Just don't forget to cancel. On our last two 7 day trips we have canceled at least one reservation because the children were tired. One was Cali grill (it still hurts) Dining at the resort is a big help with sleepy little ones. The food was very good and the walk back was easy. Returning from DTD with 3 sleeping children and having to cross the resort was not.

BoricuaBell
07-24-2008, 11:14 PM
I am also going to stay at POR in december and will travel with my sons, who will be 4 and 1 years old by that time! We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so I made reservations for every meal for every day in advance, including Boatwrights for breakfast. It is best to have it just in case because it is soooo dificult to get "walk in" for any rest. at Disney. And even if you arrive late, they will accomodate you.

wendy*darling
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Since you will be traveling during Free Dining, I think it would be very wise to make ADRs for any place you know you want to eat. Otherwise, you may not get in.

Boatwright's may be easier than the restaurants in the parks or the resorts on the monorail. And if you plan to dine early, you have a better chance as well.

I think you will get more opinions if this is moved to the Dining Forum... so I suspect an Accommodations moderator will come along soon and send this over there.