PDA

View Full Version : Wait times

DaisyGirl
07-24-2008, 09:36 PM
We are going to WDW in may 09'. :mickey:(The week after Memorial Day weekend). I know it probably depends on the popularity of the ride, but could someone give me some idea of the wait times, say for the most popular rides?

TIA

kemps@wdw
07-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, it all depends on several things. How many in your party...(do you have to stay together, or can you do single rider lines)? Do you have access to Fast Pass...(we've never waited over 5 - 10 min for ANY attraction). How early do you plan on arriving @ the park...(the earlier you get there, the better the chance for shorter waits on anything). Can you use the rider switch pass...(if you have young children who can't go on the attraction, 1 parent can ride, and then switch up, so both can ride, and the child is not left w/o a parent) Wait times are minimal as you go thru the fastpass line. So you see, there are many ways to avoid long wait times. If we have to wait more than 15 min for an attraction, we've waited too long!:humph:

DaisyGirl
07-24-2008, 10:21 PM
There will be 4 of us, me, the only adult, DD12,DS10,DD8, so we will have to stay together. I plan on being at the park at open. The main park I am concerned about is the MK. We will be at the MK a total of 4 days.

DDuck66
07-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Some of the more popular rides such as Space Mountain, The POTC, and Buzz Lightyear can get quite a long standby line. Make good use of the fast passes and try some of the busier rides at different times. Sometimes the crowds are not as bad while the parade is going on. If the standby line is longer than 15 minutes we usually try back later. The Pooh ride and Peter Pan's Flight also seem to be some of the longest waits available.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Depends on the ride, when we were there in 2005 the wait for Soarin was 2 hours....a coworker went last month and told me it was 1 1/2 hour for Toy Story Mania:(

Imagineer1981
07-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Use FP as much as possible. May is hit or miss because of school. Some schools get out early and some colleges are done early so it can be busy or it could be dead. Again, FP will be your savior.

bigbabyblues
07-26-2008, 07:22 PM
We went that week in 2007, and we didn't wait more than 15 minutes for anything except PoC; that was 25 minutes, but it was pouring the rain and we were dry. We had a great touring plan, and we stuck to it. We arrived before opening and used FP.

That said, the standby wait times got to 90 and even 120 minutes for the popular rides like Splash, Space Mtn, Soarin, EE, etc. We just didn't "standby".

DM&DDLuvDisney
07-27-2008, 11:34 AM
:mickey:Hey everyone...this is our very first post!!! Just joined today! As for wait times, as many of you have said, they vary depending on the time of year and time of day. We have found it helpful to come up with a "game plan" every night after we return to our hotel room. As a family, we prioritize what attraction cannot be missed and we head directly to it at the very minute the park opens. If convenient, we send another family member to FP a nearby attraction so that we can hit two things very quickly. After leaving the first attraction, we head to another, hopefully before the FP window has passed and before the lines get very long:D. I know it doesn't sound very spontaneous but we always manage to see alot without terrible wait times. We're leaving in......13 days for yet another visit...YAY!!!!Staying at POFQ for the first time.

chicade88
07-27-2008, 11:37 AM
We've went the past two years in early May and haven't had a problem. Lines do get long from about 11-2ish but we always either has FPs or took a break then. I know the weeks are a little off for you but I don't think you'll find the crowds too hard to manage. Just utilize FP as much as possible!