PDA

View Full Version : TS In or Near EPCOT

scoot241
07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm trying to decide on a place to eat in or near EPCOT one evening before Illuminations. Needs to be somewhere a not-too-picky 3 year old girl can eat.

Thanks for the suggestions!

MickeyMousse
07-24-2008, 08:20 PM
WIthin Epcot, I'd suggest Garden Grill at The Land.
Just outside Epcot, try Cape May at the Beach Club.
Both my DS's. when they were really picky eaters, always found something they enjoyed at both places! :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Well, you could leave and visit Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club Resort. It's out by the International Gateway.

The food there is classic American malt shop type foods plus ice cream. If your group is large enough, I'd recommend the Kitchen Sink. And I don't think I know any 3 year old who doesn't love ice cream.

That might be a good choice.

If you wanted to stay in the park, maybe the Land pavilion, or the American Adventure. The Land is mostly healthier options but they have this wonderful strawberry shortcake. American Adventure is traditional burgers and chicken tenders.

dixielandings
07-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Since your DD is not too picky, I'd pick any of the WS eateries. Ones that would be interesting to a tot: GardGrill, as someone already posted; San Angel Inn (Mexico); Biergarten (Germany - great atmosphere); Rose and Crown (UK - especially if you're lucky enough to get outdoor seating). I also tho't of Cape May. Just be aware that GG, CapeMay, and Biergarten are all-you-care-to-eat, fixed price menus.

In any case, make ressies for before 7, so you'll have plenty of time to get to a viewing spot for the big show!

disneykid99
07-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Our kids love Le Cellier in Canada - the restaurant is a little more grown up but the love the food and pretend they are eatting in a dungen. Check out the menus for the world showcase - there are lots if great places.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2008, 10:55 AM
You can pick from a variety of WS restaurants both CS and TS and most are excellent viewing areas for Illuminations....from what I understand most of the restaurants will offer chicken nuggets, mac and cheese in addition to their own individualized child's menus.

bkfree
07-25-2008, 12:34 PM
My son is a very picky eater, yet we have had no problem feeding him at any of the WS places we have eaten.
He was very happy at La Cellier,Marrakesh and all of the CS. This trip we are trying Chefs De France and Tutto Italia.
The only places that Idid not really see anything that would appeal to him was Askerhaus breakfast, Coral Reef and Beirgarten.

We love Spoodles on the Boardwalk and many love Cape May.

KAT1811
07-25-2008, 12:45 PM
I agree that any of the WS TS restaurants would be fine for a picky eater as they all have childrens options avaliable. If you ask before hand many of the chefs would be happy to alter a dish to suit your needs if possible.

bruin1344
07-25-2008, 11:06 PM
so many great restaurants to chose from at epcot, beach club and boardwalk, on my upcoming vacation, all my reservations every night are at those 3 spots, i highly recommend rose & crown right around illuminations

Natazu
07-26-2008, 04:53 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Epcot Area TS for a Not-too-Picky 3yr Old Girl:
7. Garden Grill
6. Biergarten
5. Beaches and Cream
4. San Angel Inn
3. Coral Reef
2. Le Cellier
1. Marrakesh

cal5755
07-27-2008, 12:38 PM
I would suggest Akersush in Norway. Your little one can dine with all her favorite princesses. For adults the food is different but good and they have an appetizer buffet. The kids menu is the same as most places so your DD will love it there.

My DS13 asked to return to Akersush because he liked the food, desserts and he loved how the waiter explained all the food from the menu. My 2 DD (5 & 9) also loved it there. The princesses took their time with the girls. My mom had lamb and she loved it... the only one who did not like it in our party was my Aunt but she has an aversion to trying new things.

If you are on the dining plan it is only 1 ts and now the picture with bell is included as part of the dinner. We are definately excited to be going back again this year. Actually it will be our first meal for vacation this year.