PDA

View Full Version : How much do YOU think a day in each park is worth?

SplashFan01
07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a one day park ticket is $71. Given that some parks are more developed than others, I thought it would be fun to see how much people think each park is worth per day, hypothetically. So how much do you think is appropriate for a one day ticket for each park and why?
For example-
Magic Kingdom- $90- Everything about the MK is perfect to me!

Epcot- $80- This is my other fav, but i think a lot of people wouldn't pay more than this, given that some don't view it as a kid-friendly place (I believe they're wrong!)

AK- $65- a great park, but it needs a little more developing

DHS- $45- I consider this a half day park and I personally think anyone with only one day who paid $71 dollars would feel ripped off

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 05:54 PM
I get the hopper so I can go from one to the other and since I only go to DW every three years, $71 sounds reasonable to me for any of them, I'm just happy to be there!:number1:

Imagineer1981
07-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a one day park ticket is $71. Given that some parks are more developed than others, I thought it would be fun to see how much people think each park is worth per day, hypothetically. So how much do you think is appropriate for a one day ticket for each park and why?
For example-
Magic Kingdom- $90- Everything about the MK is perfect to me!

Epcot- $80- This is my other fav, but i think a lot of people wouldn't pay more than this, given that some don't view it as a kid-friendly place (I believe they're wrong!)

AK- $65- a great park, but it needs a little more developing

DHS- $45- I consider this a half day park and I personally think anyone with only one day who paid $71 dollars would feel ripped off

Lets put this in perspective...71 dollars is for a one day pass, but when you buy hoppers, its cheaper...about 60 bucks a day for a 4 day pass, and it gets less the more days you buy. Most families buy 4 days or more so they are paying 45-60 dollars for a park. Put that against Six Flags which is 35-45 and Universal/Sea World are 65-70 and you are getting a great value, even if you think DHS is half a day!

Itchy
07-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Even if DHS is a half day park as stated before if you have a park hopper you have the best of the world. You can move to another park and pick up on attactions that you may have missed or would like to visit again.

As the say varity is the spice of life.

I really never look at the park prices as just being there is payment enough for me.:cloud9:

Where else in the world can you walk yourselves silly and still feel relaxed.

36 days and counting.:mickey:

Mad About Mickey
07-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Priceless, what you feel at Disney is next to impossible to replicate at any other theme park. The look of sheer rapture on each of our children's faces when the saw their first character or came off their first ride was utterly priceless :mickey: .

PittFan
07-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Next year we've decided to get the AP. We are staying 20 nights which means we will be paying about $24 a day per person w/ park hopper privledges. We're addicted to WDW and we can't get enough!!! Each trip we seem to double the time we spend there... :D

SplashFan01
07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
i guess what i was thinking is that the average person would pay more for a day at, say, MK, than they would at DHS, and I was interested to see what everyone hypothetically thought a day at each park is worth. of course thereare things like park hopper and such, but say that wasn't an option. you had to pay x amount for each park per day- what do you think is appropriate- that is the intention of the post.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-24-2008, 07:52 PM
I get what you are saying, I think we just got a little off topic. So here is my :twocents:. While I hate paying $71 a day that really is a fair price for all that is offered in MK or Epoct, but DS or AK have a little less to offer I'd say $40-45 for them.

McGoofy
07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
I still choke and sputter a little when I think of paying $71/day for a park for one day. I really do think that is a little steep. I think $50/day is plenty, and I know people will probably think that is crazy, but it is my opinion. We go way more than 10 days in a year, so this year when we renewed our annual passes, we paid $434.52 for one adult pass. That comes out to $1.19/day if you used it for 365 days a year. Of course, we will never do that, but it sure makes it sound like a value!:mickey: Realisticly, we use our AP's at least 15 days (if not more) a year. At 15 days, that comes out to $28.97 a day--plus we can park hop. That doesn't make me cough and sputter so much. Nor do I feel like I have to literally kill myself trying to get in $71 worth of fun from park opening to park closing.

bkfree
07-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Priceless, what you feel at Disney is next to impossible to replicate at any other theme park. The look of sheer rapture on each of our children's faces when the saw their first character or came off their first ride was utterly priceless :mickey: .

This is exacty what I was going to say.
We buy 8 day park hopper for the four of us plus the Dining Plan. Someone else can do the math for me as to what they averages out to per person(2 adults and 2 kids under 10). But it won't matter.
We get so much bang for our buck while there and the memories of a lifetime are priceless.

Mousemates
07-24-2008, 09:09 PM
We do Disney a little different in that we buy 10 day parkhopper + water park tickets with no expiration....which gives us 20 days of disney fun....at roughly $500 a pop....that comes out to a daily entertainment cost of $25 which seems quite reasonable to us for any of the parks or waterparks.

dixielandings
07-24-2008, 09:16 PM
A bajillion million dollars!!! :mickey:

Just kidding. I know what you're asking, and $71 is a LOT for one day, but it's been so long since I've purchased a one-day ticket, even to DLand, that it's hard to quantify what I think each day is worth. My personal belief - and this may be obvious - is that they really want to encourage people to buy multi-day passes, therefore staying longer. Which makes them more money, yes, but also helps Guests have a better time, since it's nearly impossible to enjoy WDW in a single day visit.

AHOTE
07-25-2008, 12:49 AM
This is exacty what I was going to say.
We buy 8 day park hopper for the four of us plus the Dining Plan. Someone else can do the math for me as to what they averages out to per person(2 adults and 2 kids under 10). But it won't matter.
We get so much bang for our buck while there and the memories of a lifetime are priceless.

:exactly: BTW I just finished working out the final details of our November trip and it's a little over $72.00/day each for the four adults in our group with the same package. As far as I'm concerned WDW gives me the biggest bang for the buck and the memories are indeed priceless. :cloud9:

Polynesian Dweller
07-25-2008, 10:51 AM
I still choke and sputter a little when I think of paying $71/day for a park for one day. I really do think that is a little steep. I think $50/day is plenty, and I know people will probably think that is crazy, but it is my opinion.
Don't think you're crazy but I think some perspective is needed by looking at the other parks.

Universal Orlando 1 park, 1day: $69.95
Sea World Orlando 1 park, 1day: $69.95
Busch Gardens Tampa 1 park, 1day: $67.95

Doesn't look like Disney is out of line at all from those prices taken from their websites. Then, one has to consider the extras at Disney that part of your ticket helps to pay for like the monorail, the boats for transportation, the buses, upkeep on all of the grounds that look so neat as you drive in, upkeep on the road system and so on.There are lots of things we don't even pay attention to beause they are done in the background. Disney prices are actually a value.

This isn't Six Flags, Cedar Point, or Canada's Wonderland (near us which is $42 per day). Disney is a whole lot more than those.

PopDivaPaige
07-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Magic Kingdom - $80 because this is a classic theme park and should probably be worth the most.:wave:

EPCOT - $75 because it is not as classic as MK, but still exciting and beautiful. I especially love the living seas with Nemo.:nemo:

Disney's Hollywood Studios - $75 because I love the big movie-star life, and always wanted to feel like I was in Hollywood!:director:

Animal Kingdom - $50 because this park isn't very appealing to me. Also, I only spend a few hours in it. My family and I normally leave before noon and head over to somewhere a bit more exciting.:monkey:

These are just my opinions though. I don't really know the actual cost of them.

Aurora
07-25-2008, 12:02 PM
To do this, I would have to think of each park as a "stand-alone." So thinking this way, here's what I would pay:

MK: $90
Epcot: $90
Studios: $60
Animal Kingdom: $40

I have to say I love the atmosphere of Animal Kingdom but not many of the attractions. Truth be told, I had a better time at Universal's Islands of Adventure on our last trip than I did at AK. :blush:

KAJUNKING
07-25-2008, 12:33 PM
mk: $80 (full day of fun)
epcot: $80 (ditto)
studios: $75 ( just fantasmic is worth $30)
ak: $60 ( fotlk worth $30)

McGoofy
07-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Don't think you're crazy but I think some perspective is needed by looking at the other parks.

Universal Orlando 1 park, 1day: $69.95
Sea World Orlando 1 park, 1day: $69.95
Busch Gardens Tampa 1 park, 1day: $67.95

Doesn't look like Disney is out of line at all from those prices taken from their websites. Then, one has to consider the extras at Disney that part of your ticket helps to pay for like the monorail, the boats for transportation, the buses, upkeep on all of the grounds that look so neat as you drive in, upkeep on the road system and so on.There are lots of things we don't even pay attention to beause they are done in the background. Disney prices are actually a value.

This isn't Six Flags, Cedar Point, or Canada's Wonderland (near us which is $42 per day). Disney is a whole lot more than those.

I see the perspective. I know what the other parks charge. I never said that I thought Disney was out of line. I think the other parks are all steep as well--and Disney is smart to keep competitive pricing with them. I am just saying that I think $71 is a lot for one day for any park to charge--not just Disney. That's why I get the most for my money and don't buy park tickets for just one day. I agree with the poster that said I think Disney (and other parks since we are now throwing that in the equation) try to discourage one day ticket buyers. Other parks always say that you can add your one day ticket toward your annual pass price if you do it that day that you are at the park. It allows you to come back all year round (or in the case of other parks--when they are open seasonally), which in turn brings more income from you to the parks. I really have seen the perspective, and I just think $71 is a lot for one day and one day only. I think Disney knows it is high too, but people pay it, so they charge it. Why not? And actually, that is what the OP asked..."So how much do you think is appropriate for a one day ticket for each park?" So they were looking for a hard dollar number of what we thought the cap for a one day ticket should be.

I agree with all the others that Disney is worth spending money to go to. Believe me, we have spent our share there. I wouldn't say "priceless" because eventually you would put a cap somewhere because I doubt anybody here would pay a million dollars for a one day ticket.:mickey: Disney has found ways to make it affordable if you buy more than one day. You can buy multiple days up to 10 days (which makes each day cheaper the more you add), add DDP, etc...I am just saying that the one day price is quite steep.

Imagineer1981
07-25-2008, 01:19 PM
MK-75
Epcot-65
DHS-45-50
AK-45-50 (I don't think its half a day, especially if you've never been there)

TBY2225
07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
I also think $71 a day is alot! Ican't begin to put a price on what I would pay. I don't want to give Disney any ideas on raising prices! :mickey: I see as others have said that this is Disney's way of discouraging you from buying a one day ticket. The more you stay the cheaper the tickets are per day. But, the more you stay the more you also are paying out for food, lodging and more gifts. Like McGoofy said, if you go enough to get the AP that is the way to go. It does seem steep at first, but when you break it down over the number of days you are going in a year, it is alot easier to swallow than $71 a day! Worth it or not, why pay that much if you don't have to right?

ParkMan
07-25-2008, 05:03 PM
For me, it's tough to assign each a number - it really kind of depends on the when I'm going.

For example, if I lived in Florida and was thinking of bringing my family of 4 to any WDW park just for the day, I'd probably want to spend about 30-40 dollars per person. I'd spend more for MK & Epcot (say $40), less for AK & DHS (say $30). This assumes we were probably going a few times a year already.

If I were only going to be in Orlando for 1 day this year and wanted to go to WDW, I'd probably pay even more than $71. For me, I'd probably go as high as $100 for MK & Epcot, $80 for AK & $75 DHS.

If I were going on vacation to WDW and spending our normal length (7-10 days), I'd probably spend up to about $60 per day for MK & Epcot and $40 per day for AK & DHS.

Faver
07-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Well, do to my love and slight obsession with WDW:blush:, I'd probably pay more!!!!

The cost is higher than other themed attractions, but you really do get what you pay for.

DNS
07-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I would be willing to pay full one day price and even a little more for all except the Studios, so this is my price assessment. What I personally think each park is worth.

MK - $80 to 90
EP - $80 to 90
AK - $80 to 90
DHS - $20

Many will disagree with what I put for the Studios, but other than TOT and Fantasmic!, we just don't care to go there. When we do, we walk around a little and go into some of the shops, maybe eat lunch, but other than that, it just isn't a good park for us.

biodtl
07-26-2008, 07:49 PM
I love some parks more than others, but they are all priceless to me. I am paying for the whole disney experience -the rides, the atmosphere, the transprtation, the snacks, the CMs, the magic.

Goes4FastPass
07-26-2008, 09:23 PM
I find WDW theme parks to be a good value. That's why I return again and again.

When you look at the cost per day, Disney seems to want to discourage visits of less than a week. Look what happens to park admission 4 days compared to 10 days.

Things we used to take for granted as included, 'hopping' and 'never expire' cost extra. That's Magic Your Way.

Is there anyone who doesn't consider DHS and AK half day parks?

I'll continue to pay what the Disney Company is asking for park admission while I consider it to be a fair price.

I hope I'm never fan(atic) enough to call a visit to WDW "priceless".

chicade88
07-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Great idea!

MK - $100 This park always has enough to do to take up a whole day or even more! It's the center of the magic and I think it is definitely worth more than $71!

Epcot - $70 This is actually my second favorite but we just can't ever find more than 4-5 hours of things to do. We do pretty much every ride but skip the WS movies so that could be the difference for us.

AK - $40 Again, I love this park but it just doesn't have enough to do.

DHS - $40 I feel it takes up about as much time as Animal Kingdom, even though I don't enjoy it as much!

All in all, I would rather be at ANY Disney park than anywhere else! I am fine with paying the $71 even though I think it's steep for AK and DHS, it kind of evens out with MK and Epcot.

dixielandings
07-27-2008, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=Goes4FastPass;1698564]
Is there anyone who doesn't consider DHS and AK half day parks?[QUOTE]

Yes, me.:blush:

If I only rode rides or saw shows, then I probably would rush in and out of these Parks (and I have on occasion). But so much of the appeal for me of the Disney Parks is the atmosphere - the beauty, the fanatical attention to detail, sounds, smells, etc. When we are at WDW for a full-blown vacation or when we are helping someone else plan their trip, we pretty much recommend equal time in each Park, or at least one full day in each one.

LandFan
07-27-2008, 06:10 PM
My first thought when I read this post was:

Um, I'd rather not say because the Disney spies might be watching and I'd rather not have them getting any ideas about raising prices:thedolls:

:D

Daddy Mouse
07-28-2008, 10:01 AM
$10 Movie
$81 Cheapest Theatre Show (New York)
$71 Cheapest NFL Game (Miami)
$95 Concert Tickets (NY/NJ)
$24 County Fair Admission with rides
$42.95 Cedar Point

I think the park admissions are fair and kept in perspective. Although I would look for deals.

ParkMan
07-28-2008, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=Goes4FastPass;1698564]
Is there anyone who doesn't consider DHS and AK half day parks?[QUOTE]

Yes, me.:blush:

If I only rode rides or saw shows, then I probably would rush in and out of these Parks (and I have on occasion). But so much of the appeal for me of the Disney Parks is the atmosphere - the beauty, the fanatical attention to detail, sounds, smells, etc. When we are at WDW for a full-blown vacation or when we are helping someone else plan their trip, we pretty much recommend equal time in each Park, or at least one full day in each one.

I agree - they are both full day parks for us. In fact, when we stay more than 6 days, we go back to both AK & DHS for at least a second day. Our park-going isn't just going from one ride to another. We find that we struggle to fit it all into a day when we just take it slow and soak in the atmosphere.

Septbride2002
07-28-2008, 10:56 AM
I still choke and sputter a little when I think of paying $71/day for a park for one day. I really do think that is a little steep. I think $50/day is plenty, and I know people will probably think that is crazy, but it is my opinion. We go way more than 10 days in a year, so this year when we renewed our annual passes, we paid $434.52 for one adult pass. That comes out to $1.19/day if you used it for 365 days a year. Of course, we will never do that, but it sure makes it sound like a value!:mickey: Realisticly, we use our AP's at least 15 days (if not more) a year. At 15 days, that comes out to $28.97 a day--plus we can park hop. That doesn't make me cough and sputter so much. Nor do I feel like I have to literally kill myself trying to get in $71 worth of fun from park opening to park closing.

I agree 100% with you. When we buy APs we try to figure out the best way to maximize the life of the AP. The one I bought last October will equal a total of 19 days - about $21.00 for each day. Totally reasonable.

We won't buy new APs until December 2009 - I can promise we'll be going back to Disney at some point in 2010 as well.

~Amanda

Nurse Kim
07-28-2008, 11:22 AM
For us all the parks were one full day. I am sure it was because it was our first trip but for our March 09 trip we have onefull day in each park planned as well as the water parks and Seaworld and Universal Studios. We are planning a 10 day trip but the more I think about it the more I want to stay 14. :thedolls:

texasteacher
08-07-2008, 01:00 PM

I agree. A day at Disney is priceless.

Goes4FastPass
08-07-2008, 01:05 PM
I agree. A day at Disney is priceless.
If you believe a day at Disney is priceless try showing up at the entrance to a Disney Theme Park and explaining, "I'm out of money but I really believe a day Disney is priceless. Can I come in?"

Disney World is supposed to make us feel like kids not think like kids.

DigitalDaredevil
08-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Oh you jinxed us! They just raised park pass prices!

Laughin' place
08-08-2008, 02:06 PM
$71 is really reasonable, in my opinion.
A typical first run movie is between $8 and $10, depending on where you live. That form of entertainment (which I believe NO ONE would argue is anywhere close to being in a Disney park), averages out to $4-$5 per hour. If you went to a WDW park and spent 8 hours, your entertainment would average out to $9 per hour. Are Disney's rides, shows, attractions...is the WDW atmosphere ALONE...worth twice as much as a movie ?
Id have to say YES!:number1:

MR.MIKE
08-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Just thinking of what I'd pay out of pocket to get into each park for one day....

MK 45
Epcot 45
AK 25
DHS 30

I don't think Id pay more than that for a one day ticket.
I do have annual passes which averages out to about $17 a day for what I used this past year.