PDA

View Full Version : Need a nurse on an after surgery thing!

murphy1
07-24-2008, 05:21 PM
This is just driving me nutso. I have had this weirdo twitch on my left bottom eyelid, it is getting more annoying. I called my NP for my surgeon and my endocrinologist and I rarely call any of my medical caregivers. Most of you know my surgery was early June and I am now noticing it about 20 to 25 times a day. He took out and put back my parathyroid glands which control calcium and I know that controls weird things like spasms and cramps and I had those after surgery, but not anymore, so any ideas?? They haven't called me and I just want to see if this is just my hormones resettling.

ElenitaB
07-24-2008, 05:43 PM
On occasion, I'll get a twitch in one of my eyelids (the upper, not the lower); it comes and goes on its own accord. I do notice, however, that it will happen when I'm more tired than normal.

Hope they call you back soon!

sharimac
07-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi, Shari. I hope everything else is still going well for you since your surgery.

Before I had my thyroid surgery I had a constant twitch in one of my eyes for a couple of months. It's gone now, and the funny thing is I don't even know when it disappeared. I do remember reading that there was some type of connection between thyroid disease and eye twitches, but that's all I recall. Sorry I couldn't help, I just wanted to say hi.

tinktude
07-24-2008, 07:14 PM
I have eyelid twitches when I am stressed, or overly tired. They come and go are very annoying.

They seem to be happening more frequently lately, but I think that it is just because work and my surgery have stressed me out.

murphy1
07-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi, Sharimac!! Hope you are doing better!

I talked to my NP and surgeon and they said exactly it was either tired or stress, called it blephoraphy (which I knew having been in medical field.) I am going to try to rest a bit before we head out for vacation. Thanks!

MNNHFLTX
07-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Glad you're NP and doctor got back to you and reassured you. Eye twitching is annoying (even as I type this my left eyelid is driving me crazy!) but it is not typically a problem to be worried about after surgery.

Have a good vacation! :sun: