PDA

View Full Version : Pool Area Rehab?

MrsAndre
07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I apologize if I am posting this question in the wrong place, but I'm wondering if anyone here has heard anything about a pool area rehab at Fort Wilderness? I heard a rumor somewhere (I honestly don't remember where.) and although we've never stayed at Fort Wilderness, I'd be very interested in the cabins if there was a more elaborately themed pool area.
TIA for any information!

medic9016
07-24-2008, 04:35 PM
There has been an official release that FW pool will get a rehab. The start date has not be released yet. I think it may be Jan 09 before they start. There are several upgrades and rehabs going at FW over the next several months going into next year.

slegrant
07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
My folks are regulars at Fort Wilderness, and over the 4th of July they talked with a cast-member and he told them in January 09 they are shutting down the main pool to add fountains and a slide. They are also going to add more campsites and upgrade the current one's. They estimated it would cost around 8 Million. I for one am very excited as Fort Wilderness is my families favorite resort. We get to come there two to three times a year.:mickey:

Figment!
07-25-2008, 12:14 PM
The press release confirming these changes was posted a while back in the News forum.

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground Gets a Facelift (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=129164)

MrsAndre
07-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Thank you all for the information!
Next time I'll spend some time with the "search" feature before I start a thread!
:blush:

faline
07-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Lots of folks don't get to check all the Intercot forums so I'm sure this was new and useful information for a number of our campers! Thanks for posting it!

jonahbear2006
07-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Thank YOU ! I, as a pool person, was very disappointed in FW's pool. The only pool in "the world" without a slide. How unfair to the children whose families really need to camp in order to make it affordable. Very Excited. Makes me want to plan a new trip for our family to camp!