PDA

View Full Version : August New England Meet!

grego77
07-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey everyone!

Well it looks like I very well may be leaving the country to go to Korea to teach English, leaving towards the end of August...so I would LOVE to host a final NE Meet before I leave.

The meet WILL BE:

SUNDAY, AUGUST 10TH
11:30 AM
Solomon Pond Mall, Marlboro, MA
The Disney Store
601 Donald Lynch Blvd.
Marlborough, MA 01752
Lunch at Olive Garden (across the street) after The Disney Store

There WILL be another Yankee Swap and possibly more fun as well! :party:

Attending:
GREG (grego77) - 2
LAURIE (smiles_rock) - 1
ASHLEY (DisneyCouture) - 3
AMY (MinnieMommie) - 4
APRIL (Aprilisis) - 1
MOLLY (AdventurelandTikiGirl) - 1

Looking forward to another great meet! :thumbsup:

Greg :mickey:

smiles_rock
07-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow Greg...teaching in Korea??? sounds like a great opportunity!!! Congratulations! I am definately interested in getting together before you leave, either weekend is fine for me. Let me know if you need any help planning things, I'm sure you're super busy.

Laurie

mouseketeer mom
07-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Teaching in Korea??
Terrific! Tell more! Good for you!
I will be in WDW during those times you listed.
I enjoyed meeting you in NYC!
Lisa

DisneyCouture
07-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Wow Greg teaching in Korea, so awesome! I am so happy for you. August 10, 16, 17 look good except August 9th. I have plans with my cousin that day who is visiting from out of town.:mickey:

grego77
07-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Let me know if you need any help planning things, I'm sure you're super busy. Laurie
Thanks so much for the offer Laurie. As the date gets closer, I will definitely let you know!!

My eye is on the 10th right now. I want to give it a week or so before I start PMing the other regulars, but as of right now, I would IDEALLY like to do it Sunday, Aug 10th...we'll see! :mickey:

grego77
07-25-2008, 05:32 PM
A PM has been sent to those who have not responded.

I think the 10th will work really well. Laurie and Ashley, could you just confirm to me that the 10th works for you as well? I'd ideally like to get the ball rolling asap, so I can be sure the 10th is dedicated to this meet.
Thanks so much! :party:

tinkerbellybutton
07-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey guys, :sob: I hate to say it because there is nothing I would like more than to go, but I have concert tickets for a concert at Hadlock Field on the 10th so we won't be able to make it :( If you end up with a different date let me know and we'll be there with bells on. We miss you all like crazy and we'd like to see you before you go Greg. Best of luck! Take care of yourself!

smiles_rock
07-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi Greg,

the 10th is fine with me.

SBETigg
07-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Ooh, exciting! I really want to try to make this one, and to meet Greg before he goes. Sounds like a great opportunity, Greg. Congratulations. August 10 sounds good right now.

DisneyCouture
07-25-2008, 08:21 PM
The 10th is perfect for me too! Yay! Can't wait to see u & Laurie and meet new ppl as well. :mickey:

TikiGoddess
07-26-2008, 12:50 PM
I will talk to the hubby and see what is going on that day...

TikiG

grego77
07-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I will talk to the hubby and see what is going on that day...

TikiG
Kathy, I REALLY hope you can make it! *crosses fingers*

Looking forward to FINALLY meeting you Sherri! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey Greg = am sitting (actually sitting outside on a beautiful New England night!) with DH right now and can confirm that the 2 of us will attend. We have a wedding the day before so please do not change the date. Will ask DD if she would like to come with us so will give you a final count later. How cool about your teaching experience. Can't wait to learn more. :mickey:-

RedheadWriter
07-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Hello! I will have to see what the scoop is once a place has been settled upon. I am going to try to sign in each day to get more info on this event. I just worked 2 weeks straight for my business and am in the midst of busy season so I have been quite lax with checking in!!!
Would love to see all of you and will keep in the loop...... :thumbsup:

Rachel

grego77
07-27-2008, 08:53 AM
I am thinking of having the meet at The Solomond Pond Mall area in Marlboro, MA. It is around 15mins east of Worcester, on Rte 290, very close to the 495 interchange. There is an Olive Garden next to the mall, and attached to the mall is a Bertucci's and a TGI Fridays.

Of course there is a Disney Store IN the mall, so I'm thinking we could meet there at 11:30ish, followed by lunch at 12ish.
Does that seem like a good idea to everyone?

A second idea would be that we could technically do what we did in February, and go back to Georgio's in Worcester and eat and talk there...but no Disney Store.

Post back with thoughts. I would prefer the 1st option myself, but I don't really have a STRONG preference. :mickey:

DisneyCouture
07-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Either one is fine but I agree with option 1.:mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey Greg - I like the idea of a visit to the Disney Store and then Bertuccis or Olive Garden. It's always nice to attach a visit to the Disney Store to one of our meets. That being said, I will be fine with whatever is decided. :mickey:

smiles_rock
07-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey everyone,

Marlboro is fine with me, I love that Olive Garden!

grego77
07-29-2008, 09:36 AM
As I have heard no objections, we will meet in Marlboro at the Solomon Pond Mall Disney Store at 11:30AM, and then head to Olive Garden for 12ish.

As mentioned before, Yankee Swap is on, and if anyone is interested in bringing a trivia contest or something of the like, let me know. I will send out another PM to people who haven't responded on Monday. At your convenience, please let me know if you will be a YES or NO and how many people in your party. I will then add you to the 1st post.

Looking forward to a great time! :party:

smiles_rock
07-29-2008, 10:12 AM
You can count me in as a definate yes! It'll just be me. I can't wait to see everyone!

DisneyCouture
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
If all goes to plan I will def be there. So far its me, mom and maybe DH. So put us down for 3. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
As I have heard no objections, we will meet in Marlboro at the Solomon Pond Mall Disney Store at 11:30AM, and then head to Olive Garden for 12ish.

As mentioned before, Yankee Swap is on, and if anyone is interested in bringing a trivia contest or something of the like, let me know. I will send out another PM to people who haven't responded on Monday. At your convenience, please let me know if you will be a YES or NO and how many people in your party. I will then add you to the 1st post.

Looking forward to a great time! :party:

Hey Greg - DH and I are a definate yes. Do not know yet about DD. I will put together a trivia quiz for all. Coolio! Can't wait!! :mickey:

MamaStyles
07-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Darn! I miss the Meet by 1 week!:sad: Visiting Massachusetts this week, heading back to Florida, Aug 4. Wish I could have seen you before your big life adventure!! :teach: Wishing you the best, :wishes:Greg

grego77
08-01-2008, 09:24 AM
REALLY looking forward to this meet! :mickey: Anyone else wanna join? :party:

grego77
08-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Still waiting to hear back from a certain few of you...but as of right now, we should have around 10 people, possibly more if other people respond!!! WOOO! Can't wait! :mickey:

I will PM out my cell phone # Friday evening. Get started on your Yankee Swap purchases! :party:

Emme&TeddysMommy
08-03-2008, 07:51 PM
I think that it is wonderful that people who live in my area from intercot get together. This is the first I have ever read anything about a meet and greet in my area. I hope that you all have wonderful time!!! Greg good Luck in Korea!

I don’t know how everyone feels about new people joining, but I would love to meet other people from intercot. Would someone please let me know the next time you all have a gathering if you don't mind. Thanks I hope you all have a great time!

-Thayre

grego77
08-03-2008, 09:32 PM
I think that it is wonderful that people who live in my area from intercot get together. This is the first I have ever read anything about a meet and greet in my area. I hope that you all have wonderful time!!! Greg good Luck in Korea!

I don’t know how everyone feels about new people joining, but I would love to meet other people from intercot. Would someone please let me know the next time you all have a gathering if you don't mind. Thanks I hope you all have a great time!

-Thayre
Thanks for the nice message! We are ALWAYS open and would be HONORED to have new people joining the meet. It's ALL about having a great time together and just talking the happiest place on Earth. If you can make it Sun, that would be amazing. Otherwise, we will definitely keep you in the loop for future meets. :mickey:

TikiGoddess
08-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi all,

Sorry, Greg, but I can't make it this Sunday. My brother and his wife will be visiting and staying over at my house for the entire weekend.

Best of luck across the globe! What a wonderful experience for you...

Kathy

grego77
08-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi all,

Sorry, Greg, but I can't make it this Sunday. My brother and his wife will be visiting and staying over at my house for the entire weekend.

Best of luck across the globe! What a wonderful experience for you...

Kathy
Thanks for the kind words Kathy. We'll miss you on Sunday!

MinnieMommie
08-06-2008, 08:23 PM
I have 4 coming Greg. Can't wait! :mickey:

grego77
08-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey everyone...

I will PM everyone tomorrow with my cell #. Any last minute questions, definitely let me know! Don't forget the Yankee Swap! :mickey:

Can't wait for Sunday! :party:

grego77
08-11-2008, 06:05 PM
what a fantastic meet! It was truly a pleasure to see all of you again. I will miss all of you terribly while im 7,000 miles away!!! It meant a lot to me that you all came out, and I can't wait to see ALL of you again in December when I come back for Christmas.
Speaking of that, we tentatively discussed Saturday, December 27 for lunch at Cheesecake Factory in Hartford, CT. Mark your calendars and closer to November, we'll start talking details. :party:

Stay safe and have a wonderful couple months! :mickey:

Greg :thumbsup:

SBETigg
08-11-2008, 09:18 PM
what a fantastic meet! It was truly a pleasure to see all of you again. I will miss all of you terribly while im 7,000 miles away!!! It meant a lot to me that you all came out, and I can't wait to see ALL of you again in December when I come back for Christmas.
Speaking of that, we tentatively discussed Saturday, December 27 for lunch at Cheesecake Factory in Hartford, CT. Mark your calendars and closer to November, we'll start talking details. :party:

Stay safe and have a wonderful couple months! :mickey:

Greg :thumbsup:

My calendar is marked! I'm so sorry I had to miss all the fun again. Looking forward to meeting you all one of these days, looks like December. :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
08-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Great meet! Thank you Greg for organizing this. Are you going to post or send the pix?

Please be sure to keep us updated while you are away. We will miss you and wish you well. I will post the Dec meet and make sure the plans are all in place by the time you get back. Bon Voyage Greg! :mickey::mickey:

grego77
08-24-2008, 01:26 PM
:mickey:The long awaited group pic is finally up! Please also feel free to browse a few of my Tokyo Disneyland pics I put up as promised. Miss you all! :mickey:

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/clarkie_greg06/?action=view&current=IMG_4038.jpg

MinnieMommie
08-24-2008, 04:31 PM
hey Greg - Great pics and good to hear from you. I will assume you have settled in safely.? Love the butterfly pics but did not find the Tokyo ones. Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

grego77
08-25-2008, 04:32 PM
hey Greg - Great pics and good to hear from you. I will assume you have settled in safely.? Love the butterfly pics but did not find the Tokyo ones. Keep us posted! :thumbsup:
They are in another of my albums. I think you should be able to view my other albums. Due to "technical" difficulties (I guess you can call it that), I am not leaving the US until Thursday. LOOOOng story...lol.